View Full Description
374 is the magic number
Now that might sound oddly specific. And it definitely doesn't quite have the same ring to it as that classic single. But what if that number was the amount of inputs and outputs you could have at your disposal? That suddenly becomes a pretty hefty number. And with the WING, that's exactly what you get.
A huge array of digital connectivity makes that otherworldly I/O count a reality. Three AES50 SuperMAC ports, the ability to share up to 144 input and output streams with other consoles and stageboxes, 48x48 channels of USB audio, 64x64 channels of Audio over IP, and AES/EBU stereo I/O. There's also Behringer's WING-LIVE expansion card pre-installed, giving you up to 64 channels of 48kHz/32-bit audio for recording onto two SD cards.
It's all available for you to take advantage of. And whilst that might seem intimidating, it's quite the opposite. The WING boasts an incredibly intuitive design that makes it easy to bring your mix to life.
Red source or brown source
Adding your favourite condiment to the top of your mixer may not be the best idea, we definitely don't recommend that. But, you can still choose your preferred colour (and there's much more available than just red or brown) to customise your mix and workflow.
Behringer has created a process that incorporates 'Sources'. These Sources contain a specific input, and each features gain, mute, and phantom power. You can name these Sources however you please, as well as being able to give each one a unique icon and colour. This means you can identify your Sources instantly just by looking, so you know exactly what's in front of you at any time. You can even share your Sources over multiple channels too, and you can patch them directly to any output for a variety of different situations.
But that's not all. Each of the 48 channels are capable of operating as mono, stereo, or mid-side without the need for channel linking. All of the channel configuration is done automatically as soon as you assign your Source to a channel, whilst an alternative input for each channel lets you quickly switch between two different sources in seconds. Simple.
It's time to get personal
You work in your own way. So why fight with something that makes you work differently? You don't have to do that anymore. With the WING, you're free to be yourself, and to work the way you want to work.
The WING's 100mm motorised faders are spread across three separate sections, and they can be configured however you please. The same goes for the innovative Custom Controls section with 16 latching and momentary buttons and four rotary encoders. So you can keep all of your key parameters at your fingertips at all times. Plus, a large capacitive touchscreen with touch-sensitive rotary controls forms the centre-piece of the WING's control hub, giving you instant, intuitive control over every aspect of your mix.
Discover a legacy
With 30 years of development behind it, it's safe to say that the WING has been crafted with meticulous attention to detail. Not only that, but Behringer have worked tirelessly to ensure that every aspect of this flagship mixer utilises some of the most prestigious components, hardware, algorithms and software available.
The WING's microphone preamps and outputs are from the Midas PRO series, delivering award-winning performance with astounding sound quality. Plus, every single one of the WING's channels and buses features powerful plug-ins for serious sound sculpting. Take advantage of gates, compressors, EQs and more, each with high-end simulations modeled after some of the most revered hardware in existence. And they're all yours.
But when it comes to processing, it doesn't stop there. The input channels each feature low- and hi-cut filters, tilt-EQ, a 6-band parametric EQ, and more. On top of that, each of the buses, matrices, and main outputs are equipped with a powerful 8-band parametric EQ for even more tonal customisation. And when it comes to effects, you have a plethora of premium options.
Racks upon racks
Two whole FX racks. All in a single mixer. The first one is the WING's premium rack, boasting a total of eight true-stereo processors with faithful emulations of some of the most sought-after units in the world. Emulations and algorithms for reverbs, delays, doubling, pitch correction, tape saturation, and more. All from the leaders in audio processing.
And there's more. The second rack gives you yet another set of eight true-stereo processors for even more modulation, equalisation, dynamics, and non-linear effects options. You can even take advantage of four iconic guitar amplifier and cabinet simulations for instantly recognizable tones straight from a DI. Perfect tone for any situation.
- Equipped with eight award-winning Midas PRO microphone preamps
- Also features eight Midas PRO outputs
- 24 motorised 10mm faders in three separate, fully-configurable sections
- Plug-and-Play remote I/O connectivity for up to 144 input and output signals over three AES50 ports
- Ultra-low jitter and latency with Klark Teknik SuperMAC technology
- Large main display with a capacitive touch screen and adjustable display swivel
- Unique touch-sensitive channel editing section with 11 rotary controls and a dedicated colour TFT
- Optional module for 64x64 channels of audio over ethernet - supporting Waves Soundgrid or Dante/AES76
- 48x48 channel USB 2.0 audio interface built in, complete with DAW remote control emulation HUI and Mackie Control
- Dual SD card live recorder and player with up to 64 tracks and markers for identifying song positions
- Additional 4-channel control section with rotary controls, buttons, and parameter display for permanent access to main, matrixes, or 'money channels'
- Premium FX rack with eight true stereo processors and world-class TC algorithms, as well as Lexicon and Quanteca dnEMT emulations
- Standard FX rack with eight true stereo processors for a wide array of modulation, EQ, dynamics processing, and more
- Standard FX rack also allows the blending of outboard effects into your mix
- Five variable plug-in processing slots for all 40 of the stereo input channels
- Iconic vintage analog EQs and compressors, as well as an insert FX slot and 4-band parametric EQ for all eight stereo aux channels
- Custom controls offering 16 latching or momentary buttons and four rotary controls, easily configurable for your preferred functions
- Four main, eight matrix, and 16 aux stereo buses featuring dual inserts, 8-band parametric EQs, stereo imager, and full dynamics processing
- Two ethernet ports with and integrated switch for network remote control
- Built-in expansion port for optional audio interface cards or digital networking bridges, MADI and ADAT/WC
- StageCONNECT 32-channel low-latency interface for personal monitoring or analog I/O boxes, AES/EBU stereo digital inputs and outputs on balanced XLR, 8x8 balanced TRS auxiliary line in and outputs, 2 x TRS headphone connectors, MIDI I/O and four GPIO ports
- Covered by Behringer's 3-year warranty program for outstanding long-term reliability
- Designed and engineered in Germany
To view the technical specifications for the Behringer WING, please click here.