View Full Description
When you want to hook your instrument up to somewhere other than your amplifier, it can be frustrating. Different impedances, signal types, connectors, and more. All you want to do is get plugged in, and for it to sound great. That's where a DI box comes in. And with the Behringer DI20, you can enjoy perfectly-matched impedances and signals with phenomenal sound quality.
Boasting an active design, the DI20 can be powered via a standard 9V battery (not included), or via 18-48VDC phantom power. The internal battery will automatically shut off when phantom power is applied, so you can utilise both forms of power without unnecessarily running down your battery when it isn't needed.
Using the DI20 is simple. This high-performance DI box is equipped with two channels, each featuring a 1/4" input and a balanced XLR output. The box converts your unbalanced signal via the 1/4" input, and sends it out as a balanced signal, allowing you to connect to a wide variety of devices without having to worry about mismatched impedances or poor signal quality.
You can also use the input on the second channel as a link output for channel 1, so you can send your instrument signal out to an amplifier as well as sending your balanced signals out simultaneously. All you need to do is adjust the 2-CH/LINK switch to your desired mode.
There's also three other switches for optimising your DI20 too. The Battery switch simply switches your DI20 on or off via battery power, whilst the Attenuation switch lets you add a 20dB or 40dB pad to compensate for hotter signals. And finally, a handy Ground Lift switch allows you to eliminate the annoying hum and buzz associated with ground loops. Combined with a servo-balanced design for an ultra-flat frequency response, and an ultra-rugged metal housing, the DI20 is sure to provide high-quality and reliable performance for the stage and studio for years to come.
- Professional multi-purpose DI box for the stage and studio
- Impedance and signal matching for directly connecting instruments to mixers and amplifiers
- Converts two independent unbalanced 1/4" TRS line inputs into two balanced XLR outputs
- Additional split mode (channel 1 assigns signal to both XLR outputs)
- Ultra-flat frequency response due to servo-balanced operation
- Internal battery automatically shuts off when phantom power is applied
- Allows direct connection of speaker outputs with power ratings of up to 3000W
- Ground lift switch eliminates typical ground loop problems
- Input 2 usable as channel 1 link output (additional to XLR output)
- 1/4" TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Ultra-rugged road-ready metal housing
- Covered by Behringer's 3-year warranty program
- Designed and engineered in Germany
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 70kHz (-3dB)
- Noise: 100dBu
- Distortion: Less than 0.014-percent (1kHz, 0dBu in)
- Input Resistance: Greater than 250k Ohms
- Connection Impedance: Greater than 600 Ohms
- Input: 1/4" mono jack x 2
- Output: XLR balanced x 2
- Maximum Input Level: +12/+32/+52dBu
- Phantom Power: 18VDC to 48VDC
- Battery Power: 9V 6LR91
- Dimensions: Approx. 150mm x 130mm x 60mm / 6" x 5" x 2-3/8"
- Weight: Approx. 240g
- Product Code: DI20