View Full Description
Powerful and portable
Jam-packed with features and functionality, the Take 5 boasts the sound and performance you have come to know with Sequential products without compromising on playability in a compact and portable unit that is accessible to almost anyone. The form-factor allows you to transport the Take 5 anywhere your music takes you, whether that's the studio, rehearsal space or on stage, at only 26 inches wide it's easy to carry around with you in a backpack or gig bag.
Comprised of a premium Fatar keyboard, Take 5 features 44 full size, semi-weighted keys with immaculate velocity sensitivity and aftertouch, letting the expression come through in each performance. A spring-loaded pitch wheel enables you to creatively add subtle or extreme vibrato to each note, as well as featuring the ability to independently adjust upper and lower controls per program, meaning you can set limits to the amount of pitch bend per preset depending on the desired effect you wish to achieve.
Like all good synthesizers, the Take 5 Five-Voice Poly Synth features a powerful sequencer and arpeggiator to add movement and dynamic within your music. The sequencer is a polyphonic step-sequencer up to 64 steps, including rests and ties with this, you can creatively perform the foundation of your music and build on top with melodic phrases and harmonies making it ideal for live performers. The integrated arpeggiator features four different modes including up, down, up and down and random, meaning you are provided with all the tools to create complex and evolving movements in your music.
Famed for a distinctive sound, Sequential has carved a name for themselves by creating some of the best sounding synths available on the market, the Take 5 is no different. Achieving the distinctive sound through a combination of two analog VCO's passing through a resonant 4-pole analog filter, Take 5 delivers the classic smooth, warm and full-bodied sound that is traditional of Sequential synthesizers. A versatile sound engine, Take 5 can traverse anything from vintage and classic synthesizer tones to modern, bright and vibrant tones to suit any genre or style. Two voltage-controlled oscillators provide traditional sine, saw and pulse waves with waveshaping while simple analog FM adds harmonically complex, bell-like FM timbres.
Using the advanced designs from the Prophet series, the 4-pole analog filter shapes the sound of the oscillators and sub-oscillator to create warm and smooth tones that are usually reserved for synthesizers in the next price bracket, giving you access to immaculate, studio-ready sounds. The included Drive control provides additional punch to your signal for hard-hitting bass notes and staccato stabs. Expertly designed, Take 5 features a Vintage Knob that introduces micro variations to a few parameters within the oscillator, filter and envelope behaviour between voices to shift your overall sound from modern and punchy to more vintage and mellow in an instant.
Rounding out the feature set is two LFO's with five wave shapes, freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations to thicken out lead lines and add a huge amount of weight and movement to your tracks, as well as an integrated mixer and ADSR envelopes with variable touting and velocity modulation. The Take 5 presents an opportunity to flex your creative muscle and add a distinctive flavour of sound to your tonal palette that delivers the signature warm and full-bodied sound that follows the rest of the Sequential line-up of synths.
Introduction to Polysynth
The Take 5 is the perfect introduction to those customers looking for a fully-featured polysynth that provides you with immaculate sounds as well as an intuitive and user-friendly interface that makes synthesis fun and easy to create. Featuring integration from some of Sequentials advanced designs, the Take 5 presents you with world-class sounds packed into a compact and portable unit that is perfect for live or studio musicians looking for a new layer of sound design within your music.
The platform of Take 5 enables you to create every sound imaginable within the realm of subtractive synthesis and polish the sounds off by adding studio-grade digital effects to create the finished article. Now, you don't need any external hardware or software to complete the sounds you need to fit within your mix, simply use the onboard effects. These include a dedicated reverb that features damping, pre-delay, decay and tone to shape and sculpt the sounds to any sound source or mix, a dedicated overdrive effect to add saturation and harmonics that help your tracks cut above a heavy and dense mix and a multi-effect with a plethora of different options including three delay types, chorus, flanger, phaser, ring modulation and much more!
- Two analog VCO's per voice
- Continuously varibable waveshape per oscillator between sine, sawtooth, variable-width pulse
- Oscillator one can be hard synced to oscillator two
- Square wave sub-octave generator
- Keyboard tracking on and off per oscillator
- Frequency modulation per oscillator
- Oscillator one amount
- Oscillator one sub-octave amount
- Oscillator 2 amount
- White noise amount
- Low-pass filter:
- Based on Prophet 5 Rev 4 design, Take-5 features a four-pole resonant, analog low-pass filter per voice
- Drive into self-oscillation with the resonance control
- Bi-polar filter envelope amount
- Velocity modulation of each envelope amount
- Envelopes freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- Two 5-stage envelope generators (ADSR + delay) with variable routing (filter, amplifier, gate)
- Low frequency oscillator:
- Five wave shapes including triangle, sawtooth, reverse sawtooth, square and random (sample and hold)
- Clock sync to internal or external MIDI clock
- Assign freely to multiple modulation destinations
- Digital effects:
- Dedicated reverb with damping, pre-delay, decay and tone
- Dedicated overdrive
- One multi-effect with stereo delay, bucket brigade delay, tap delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, ring modulation, leslie cabinet, distortion and high pass filter
- Vintage Knob:
- Accurately recreates the character of vintage synthesizers by introducing micro fluctuations within the component parts including the oscillators, filter, and envelopes per voice
- Assign to multiple modulation destinations
- Source: channel (mono) aftertouch with bi-polar amount
- Master clock with tap tempo
- Full control over BPM with display
- MIDI Clock sync
- Four modes including: Up, down, up and down and random
- Syncs to MIDI clock
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Polyphonic step-sequencer up to 64 steps including ties and rests between notes
- Performance controls:
- Premium Fatar keyboard, 44 keys, full sized and semi-weighted with velocity and aftertouch
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel with selectable range per program
- Split keyboard mode into low and high zones with different octave ranges
- Latch held notes with Hold swithc
- Unison (monophonic) mode with adjustable voice count using up to all five voices
- Patch Memory:
- Ins and Outs:
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI Out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 1 Expression pedal input
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4″ phone jack)
- IEC AC power inlet
- Operates worldwide between 100 and 240 volts, 14 watts maximum power consumption
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 63.5 cm x 32.4 cm x 11.2 cm
- Weight: 7.7 kg
- Product code: SEQ-3500