View Full Description
More than you could imagine
The SV series just got a whole lot better - ten times better in fact. Boasting over ten times the sample data than the SV-1, the SV2S now has ample memory for all the 72 built-in sounds. And thanks to the 64 memory locations, you can now store your edited favourites for instant access during a performance.
When used in conjunction with the SV2S Editor software, you can even create your own split and layered programs and save them to a quick access location. In fact, a single 'Favourite' can access up to three voices at once! This is ideal for playing a piano/bass split with a layer of strings, for example. Plus, the polyphony of the SV2S now stands at 128 voice, meaning more layering and sustained chording for extended realism.
An accurate and authentic performance
By using state of the art sampling techniques alongside careful instrument preparation, the SV2S delivers an exact and authentic rendition of many classic keyboards. This meant finding the best-maintained instruments and recording them with the latest multi-micing methods. From the release of the hammer to the click of the contacts, every element of these treasured keyboards is preserved in the SV2S. What's more, they're saved in the RX layer, meaning you can mix in as much or as little as these authentic nuances are you require.
Obviously the SV2S recreates the full dynamic range of each and every instrument. But to achieve the full effect, the SV2S even recreates timbral and volume changes generated between the dynamic spectrum. It doesn't matter if you're playing at the quietest pianississimo or the largest fortississimo, the SV2S will always produce a three-dimensional sense of presence. It doesn't matter where you're performing, the SV2S will always fill the room you're in.
Stroll through the keyboard hall of fame
Perform on the instruments that defined your childhood. The SV2S houses a treasure trove of classic electro-mechanical, transistorised, tape-driven, analogue, and digital keyboard instruments, all reproduced with unparalleled realism. You now have these coveted classics right at your fingertips. Always in tune, and always in an impeccable playing condition.
Korg has packed the SV2S with electric keyboards. Boasting nearly all of the American tine and reed models, a Japanese electric grand, and even a rare German electric piano, you're sure to be impressed by the SV2S. Looking for electronic pianos? You can choose from analogue, digital, VPM, FM, and sampled pianos, even the popular Korg M1. More of an organ musician? Scroll through VOX combo, Italian transistor, or American tube organs, plus new church and cathedral organs. Not just key instruments though. The SV2S contains mallets, choir, brass, guitar, bass, and synths for creating rich layers.
A piano at heart
At the touch of a button, you can summon some of the greatest sounding pianos from around the world. Depending on what sound you're looking for, you can choose from leading German, Italian, Austrian, and Japanese instrument makers. For something a little more intimate, you have the choice of a fantastic honky-tonk piano and even a genuine 'tack' piano. For a more regal setting, the SV2S features two gorgeous harpsichords; one French and one Italian. Play these instruments on their own, layered with another sound, or split across the keyboard. The flexibility with the SV2S is truly fantastic.
Performance that doesn't stop
It doesn't matter where you are. By working closely Italian speaker designers K-ARRAY, you can now enjoy the sounds of the SV2S on the go. From the backstage dressing room to the dorm or bedroom; from the living room to the concert hall or house of worship; the SV2S is ready to perform, wherever and whenever you are. Boasting 15 watts of power (x 2; Left and Right), the SV2S features two 2.5'' loudspeakers alongside a 3'' passive radiator. As an extra touch of luxury, the SV2S is finished with an exclusive warm ivory finish with contrasting grille cloth.
- Keyboard: 88 keys (A0 to C8), Velocity-sensitive KORG RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- Touch selection: Eight curves
- Tuning: Master Transpose, Master Tune, Tuning curves
- Sound generation: EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Sound: Layer, Split
- Factory Sounds: 72 (6 Basic sounds x 2 sets, 6 variations)
- EP1 (Vintage): MK I Suitcase, MK I Stage, MK II Suitcase, MK II Stage, MK V Stage, MK V Bright, Dyno EP, Dyno EP Bright, Wurly, Wurly Classic, Wurly Dark, Wurly Bright
- EP2 (Various): FM Piano 1, FM Piano 2, FM Piano 3, FM Piano & Pad, Pianet T, Pianet N, Hybrid Piano, Hybrid Tine, Wurly & Strings, FM & Strings, MK II & Pad, FM & Pad
- Piano 1 (Acoustic): German Grand, German Classic, Italian Grand, Italian Bright, Japanese Grand, Japanese Bright, Austrian Grand, Austrian Classic, Japanese Upright, Upright Bright, German Upright, Rock Piano
- Piano 2 (Various): Electric Grand, German Mono, KORG M1 Piano, KORG SG-1D, Digital Piano, Electra Piano, Tack Piano, Honky-Tonk, Piano & Strings, Piano & Pad, Piano & Synth, Piano & Brass
- Clavier: Clav AC, Clav AD, Clav BC, Clav BD, Harpsichord, Harpsichord Oct, Perc. Organ, Rock Organ, Jazz Organ, VOX Organ, Church Organ, Pipe Organ
- Other: Full Strings, Classic Strings, Tape Strings, Strings & Voices, Warm Pad, Bright Pad, Orchestra, Pizzicato & Glock, Brass, Synth Brass, Pad/Mini Lead, Pad/SynthLead
- Favorite sounds: 64 (8 banks x 8 variations) for saving of customized settings
- Structure: 6 effects (5 effects + 1 total effect)
- Equalizer: Bass, Mid, Treble
- Pre FX: Red Comp, Treble Boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah (Auto or Pedal control)
- Amplifier models: Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ Amp + Cabinet Models, Valve Reactor Technology – 12AX7 (ECC83) valve
- Modulation: Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary (Slow/Fast control)
- Ambient: Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo, Stereo Delay (Tap tempo)
- Total FX (only editable with SV-2 Editor): Stereo Mastering Limiter, Stereo Limiter
- Sound Select: TYPE knob, VARIATION knob, FAVORITES 1–8 switches
- Favorite Sound select: 1–8 switches, SOUND TYPE knob
- Effect ControlEqualizer: On/Off switch, BASS knob, MID knob, TREBLE knob
- Pre FX: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, AUTO/PEDAL switch (available when the TYPE = Vox Wah)
- Amplifier: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DRIVE knob
- Modulation: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, Slow/Fast switch (available when the TYPE = Rotary.)
- Ambient: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DEPTH knob, Tap (available when TYPE = Stereo Delay)
- Volume: Master Volume
- Switches: Transpose, Local Off, Touch, Function
- Demo Songs: 72 songs (one song for each preset sound)
- Audio Output: L, R connector (XLR balanced), L/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- Headphone: Headphone jack?6.3 mm [1/4”] stereo jack)
- Audio Input: L/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- MIDI: IN, OUT
- USB: USB: 2.0 Type B connector (doubles the MIDI Interface)
- Damper Pedal: KORG DS-2H (included), DS-1H(sold separately)
- Pedal 1: PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Pedal 2: Volume/Expression, XVP-20, EXP-2, PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Speakers: 2 x 2.5" with 2 x 3" passive radiator
- Amplification Power: 2 x 15 W
- Power Supply: Internal switching adapter, AC 100 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 25 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H, excluding music stand): 1356 mm x 347 mm x 157 mm/53.39" x 13.66" x 6.18"
- Weight (excluding music stand): 21.45 kg/47.29 lbs