View Full Description
A world of sound
Korg have specifically chosen only the best sounds for the Krome. Their philosophy? The music scene is always evolving and changing and because of this, only the most iconic sounds, the most varied sounds, and most of all, the most usable sounds should be shipped with the Krome. You're getting an up to date library of the best digital sounds the world has to offer.
The variety is huge. From massive, polyphonic EDM sounds, chords, pads, leads, and basses. Big enough to fill the dancefloor. To World instruments. The steel pan drum, the kalimba, the kokyu, all and more are available to give your music a twist. As well as musical elements, the Krome also provides Hollywood sound effects for use in commercial or film work. So no matter your job, the Krome can handle it.
Gold standard piano
Pianos are the foundation of a powerful music workstation and the Krome is no exception. The sounds here are intended for longevity. The foundational part of a workstation is to have great sounding pianos, the Krome provides a deep sample library of piano sounds so you'll always find the right voice to fit your arrangement.
All the piano sounds on the Krome have been recorded with professional sound engineers and have been sampled beautifully demonstrated by the huge amount of clarity coming from the sound engine. Grands, uprights, and more. Whatever piano you need for the task, the Krome provides.
As well as great traditional piano sounds, the Krome also provides excellent electric pianos, which are full of warmth and realism. Using a lot of PCM memory, the pianos are deep and rich. Just one of these pianos takes up the space of a typical PCM synthesizer. because of this, you know you're getting the best possible sound.
Not only is the Krome excellent for writing melodies, chords, and arrangements. It also has a very powerful drum engine. The Krome comes with over 2,500 drum samples to power the 48 preload kits. Using a generous helping of Krome's PCM Memory to deliver a completely new level of clarity and realism. You can change the dynamics between the microphone placement too, mixing between direct kit microphones and ambient room microphones, this gives you a very realistic drum sound.
Sequence, record and more with a variety of tools
Krome comes with a huge variety of tools to help you reach your musical goals. Record all your ideas on to memory and arrange them using the 16-step sequencer. Match the specific genre you're writing for using the Auto Song Set-up function. When inspiration hits, don't waste time setting up your sounds and use the Krome's templates instead. Simply hit record and get your ideas down as fast as you can think them up.
The Krome EX 73 features a semi-weighted keyboard; responsive and ideal for playing any style of piano or synthesizer.
To top it all off, the construction features a very clear and intuitive touchview screen that shows all the different parameters but also provides finger-drag editing allowing you to use the on-screen sliders and knobs directly. Total control at your finger tips.
- Huge PCM memory
- Professionally recorded piano sample library
- Drum sequencer and editor
- 896 programs
- 512 preload combinations
- Natural weighted hammer action keys
- Touchview surface
- USB and SD Storage
- Keyboard: Semi Weighted Keyboard. Velocity sensitive is supported, after touch is not supported. Standard C2 - C7 (transposable in the range [C1...C6]-[C3...C8])
- System: EDS-X（Enhanced Definition Synthesis – eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony: 120 voices (120 Oscillators) / Single Mode, 60 voices (120 Oscillators) / Double Mode (The maximum simultaneous voice polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings, velocity crossfading and whether you are using mono or stereo multisamples.)
- PCM Memory:
- 4 GB (In case of 48 kHz, 16-bit Linear PCM converted)
- 728 multisamples (including 44 Stereo multi-samples)
- 2,502 drumsamples (including 574 Stereo Drumsamples )
- Oscillator: OSC1 (Single); OSC1 + 2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 8 velocity zones per oscillator with switching, crossfades and layers
- Filters: Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB). Two multi-mode filters per oscillator (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Driver: Per-voice nonlinear driver and low boost
- EQ: Three bands, with sweepable mid
- Modulation: For each oscillator, two envelope generators (Filter & Amp), two LFOs, two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp), two AMS mixers, Pitch EG, Common LFO, two common key tracking generators
- Timbre Number: Max 16. For each Timbre, keyboard and velocity split/layer/crossfades. Modifications to the program settings via the Tone Adjust function.
- Insert Effects: 5 Insert Effects (stereo in/out)
- Master Effects: 2 Master Effects (stereo in/out)
- Total Effect: 1 Total Effect (stereo in/out)
- Timbre / Track EQ: 3-band EQ per in 1 Timbre / in 1 Track
- Effect Types: 193 types (Usable as insert, master, or total effects. However, double-size effects cannot be used as a total effect.)
- Modulation: Dynamic Modulation, 2 Common LFO
- Effects Control Busses: Stereo side chain (Limiter, Gate, Vocoder etc.)
- Effect Preset: 32 preset per effect
- Media Load, Save, Utility, Data filer functionality (Save and Load MIDI System Exclusive Data)
- Controllers: Joystick, SW , SW 
- Realtime Control: [SELECT] Switch: TONE, USER, ARP, 4 Knobs: Modulation, User, Arpeggio control
- Drum Track: [DRUM TRACK] Switch: On/Off
- Arpeggiator: [ARP] Switch: On/Off
- Display: Touch view graphical User Interface, 7 -inch Color TFT LCD, 800 x 480 pixel, Onboard LCD brightness control
- MIDI: IN, OUT
- USB: USB-MIDI Interface (TYPE B) x 1
- SD Card Slot:
- Max 2 GB / SD Memory Card is supported
- Max: 32 GB/ SDHC Memory Card is supported (SDXC Memory Card is not supported)
- Power: Power supply (DC12V 3.5A), POWER switch
- Power Consumption: 13W
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 1,191 mm × 313 mm × 93 mm / 46.89 x 12.32 x 3.66 inches
- Weight: 8.2kg / 18.08 lbs.
- Product Code: KROME-73EX