View Full Description
This piano is also available in the CDP 220R Complete Pack, offering everything you need in a convenient bundle.
New Features & Upgrades
The Casio CDP 220R is the latest version of the hugely popular CDP 200R Digital Piano. The piano has been upgraded and expanded to be compatible with the latest technology.
- New SDHC Compatibility - The CDP 220R can accept the improved SDHC cards with capacities of up to 32 GB (the CDP 200R's maximum was a 2GB SD card). The massive amount of extra data capacity allows for more sampled sounds, user rhythms, user songs, recorded songs, registration set-ups and MIDI music files to be enjoyed.
- 30 Extra Voices - The CDP 220R boasts an expanded range of rhythm and accompaniment functions including an impressive 700 tones.
- New Chord Book Function - A helpful reference tool allowing you to look up chords you don't know how to play. Listen, learn and memorise; a simple operation even shows you inverted forms of each chord making this new tool a valuable learning resource.
- Piano/Organ Button - The CDP 220R's inclusion of a Piano/Organ button allows you to quickly and easily obtain the natural sound perfect for the performance of many more traditional pieces.
Designed, Engineered & Crafted By Casio To Help you Sound Your Best
This CDP 220R contemporary digital piano achieves realistic acoustic piano tones and touch plus all of the versatile functions made possible by digital technology. With the CDP 220R, Casio have created an affordable piano focusing on enhanced sound choice and extra digital functions.
Capturing The Sounds Of The World
The CDP 220R boasts a massive 700 high-quality tones from a wide variety of genres. These are supported by the 200 rhythms and auto accompaniments from around the world with a special emphasis on Latin beats. You can also create your own rhythms in the 10 user slots.
Additional features which can add flavour to your performance include a pitch bend wheel, perfect for reproducing the sound of ethnic instruments, music presets covering a wide range of musical genres and a scale editor which changes the temperament of the keyboard quickly and easily to suit Oriental music or certain types of classical. Projected through the impressive Bass-Reflex Speaker System, the CDP 220R produces rich and varied sounds.
Invaluable Reference & Practice Tools
The CPD 220R is packed full of useful functions designed to aid in practice and technique building and displays a wealth of helpful information on its large, backlit LCD screen. Apart from the usual recorder and metronome, this Casio also contains an ingenious Chord Book Reference function that teaches you any chords you may not be familiar with yet. Hear their sound, learn to play them and even view inverted forms of each chord, an invaluable tool for learning and composition. The piano has 152 song bank tunes built-in including 50 exercise phrases.
The Step Up Lesson Function allows you to break up a song into short phrases then choose right, left or both hands, listen, play along whilst watching the key guide indicators on the LCD screen and then play from memory. Your lesson score will then appear on the display screen allowing you to review your progress. If the keyboard senses you are struggling a simulated voice can even help you by calling out finger numbers!
Improved Sound Quality & Keyboard Feel
The CDP 220R boasts both enhanced sound quality and acoustic keyboard feel. Casio's improved dual element AHL Sound Source uses waveforms of separate samples of the same notes at strong and light key pressures to provide exquisite tone quality. The touch response lets you add delicate nuances to your playing by varying the pressure you apply whilst the Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard provides an authentic grand piano feel. The spring-less hammer system is similar to the one used by grand pianos and provides a keyboard touch that is naturally firm with lower notes playing relatively heavier than high notes.
Versatile & Expandable
If you manage to get through all of the 152 included songs just load up some more from external sources and use them for listening, play along or even lessons. The USB port, SD/SDHC memory card slot and general MIDI support allow a wealth of connectivity options or connect a digital audio player or CD player and you can play along with your favourite songs or hook up a microphone and sing along.
If you're the creative type you can use the sampling function to sample a sound from a microphone and then play the sound back on the keyboard. Why not add some reverb, vibrato or other effects or even incorporate the sampled sound into an accompaniment pattern?
- Keys: 88, Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard
- Touch Response: 3 sensitivity levels, Off
- Sound Source: Dual-element AHL
- Maximum Polyphony: 48
- Tones: 700 built-in tones
- Layer/Split: Yes
- Digital Effects: Reverb (10 types), Chorus (5 types)
- Rhythms/Patterns: 200 built-in rhythms (10 user rhythms)
- Auto Accompaniment Modes: 5 modes
- CASIO Chord
- Fingered 1
- Fingered 2 (6th off)
- Fingered 3 (on bass)
- Full Range Chord
- Built-in Songs: 152 (Song Bank), 10 user songs
- Lesson Functions: Yes
- Metronome: Beats: 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (Tempo range = 30 to 255)
- Sampling Function: Up to 8 sounds
- SD or SDHC memory card: Up to 32GB
- MIDI GM Compatibility level 1
- USB: Yes
- Speakers: 12cm/6cm (oval) x 2, bass-reflex system
- Amp Output: 8W+8W
- Pedal (SP-3)
- Music Rest
- AC Adaptor
- Song Book
To view the full product manual for the Casio CDP-220R Digital Piano please download the PDF at the top of the page.