View Full Description
A 303-style synth, revamped and expanded!
Intended as a digital replacement for bass guitars, the original 303 sought to create powerful bass sounds for use in pop and dance music in the early '80s. The bass tones it created were more squelchy and chirping than your standard bass guitar. Because of this happy accident, the 303 would not be used to its full potential until the rise of dance music in the late '80s and early '90s. The original was used to create the foundation of the Acid House and EDM in the early '90s.
Behringer have taken great care to replicate the sound and look of the original, but with this modded out version, you get a whole host of new features. As well as the re-designed circuitry the TR-3-MO provides you with a wide variety of new controls including Slide and Accent circuits. The new sub-oscillator allows you to create even more powerful low-end sounds. Also included is a MIDI-controllable filter so you can use the TD-3-MO with your chosen music software.
You can create a wide range of sounds and bass tones as well as rhythms, using the onboard 16-step sequencer. The versatile sequencer features seven tracks in total, with each track featuring 250 user patterns. The synth also has a built-in arpeggiator for creating rhythmic patterns.
Create powerful sounds with waveshaping capabilities
At the heart of the TD-3-MO is a vintage-style oscillator. The Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) features transistor wave-shaping circuitry. This allows you to toggle between sawtooth and square waveforms, providing flexible sound design options. Coupled with the pure analog signal path, the Behringer TD-3 delivers ultra-flexible sound-shaping capabilities. Create everything from fat basses to stunning lead tones.
Versatile four-pole low-pass filter and new overdrive circuit
Keeping true to the original, the TD-3-MO features a 24dB/octave filter, providing the classic and iconic sound that is so sought after. This unique filter was paramount in shaping the tonal style of the original. You can dial in the low-pass cutoff frequency and resonance settings with precision, allowing you to easily shape your tones.
Another way to modulate your waveforms is the newly introduced overdrive circuit. From sound shaping to live performances, the overdrive control will add crunch and edge to any sound you create. From subtle overtones to in-your-face power, the distortion circuit is sure to add a new level of fun to your music-making.
Poly-chaining and MIDI/USB connectivity
The compact and robust design makes the TD-3-MO highly portable. Get creative wherever you go, with its intuitive and ergonomic layout making it easy to get started right out of the box. The synth features 15 controls and 33 switches in total, expanding on the original design to offer more options for sound sculpting.
Updating the design for the modern world, Behringer has implemented a 16-voice Poly Chain. This allows you to combine multiple synthesizers with the TD-3-MO, for up to 16 voice polyphony. This can be highly useful when it comes to sound design, allowing you to unlock your inspiration and take your capabilities to the next level.
The TD-3-MO also adds USB and MIDI connectivity. This allows you to use the TD-3-MO with your computer or other MIDI devices. This means you can now use the classic 303 sound for digital music production, without the need for tedious cabling.
- Special edition 'modded out' design with re-designed circuitry, new layout, sub-oscillator and more
- Amazing Bass Line synthesizer with true analog circuitry for bass and groove sounds
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Sawtooth and square waveform VCO with transistor wave-shaping circuitry
- Amazing four-pole low-pass resonant filter with cut-off, resonance, envelope, decay and accent controls
- Easy-to-use 16-step sequencer with 7 tracks, each with 250 user patterns
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Distortion circuitry modeled after DS-1-style circuit, adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- 11 controls and 28 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in Italy