View Full Description
Next generation sampling
A follow up to immensely popular Bitbox, the MK2 adds some additional features to improve the functionality and processing of the original. Adding effects such as Reverb and Delay, as well as doubling the processing power, you can now do more than ever with your sampling recording and editing.
Next Generation Sampling Module for Eurorack
Bitbox mk2 is a follow up to our successful bitbox module. Do more with bitbox mk2’s more powerful processor and improved touch screen. This module has all of the features of the original bitbox and adds effects and mixing capabilities that take advantage of the faster and more powerful processor.
Trigger samples, launch clips and generate loops
The 1010music Bitbox Touchscreen Sampler Module is a comprehensive sampling unit designed for launching clips, chopping samples and creating loops on your Eurorack system. You can play up to 24 samples simultaneously (from internal memory) for maximum flexibility, allowing you to create complex loops and song ideas on the fly. There also a number of ways to trigger your samples such as when using the touchscreen, via CV gate inputs or via the MIDI input.
Alongside the touch screen are large encoders designed for dialing in your parameter's settings with optimal precision. This makes it easy to zoom in and chop samples, creating the most accurate slices for quick and easy sampling. Create everything from drum loops to melody runs or even sample old records for use when remixing. You can import your own WAV files from your computer via the microSD card slot.
Hands-on control with the 3.5-inch touchscreen
The heart of the Bitbox is the integrated 3.5-inch touchscreen, which acts as the main hub and control section for the module. This intuitive and ergonomic touchscreen makes working with samples and audio, easier than ever before. The screen provides you with all the information you need to create loops and launch clips. You can even make recordings up to 4 hours in length, ideal for capturing your live performances.
Eight CV modulators for controlling various parameters
There are a wide range of connection including eight CV modulators which you can use to control various parameters using external modules. Control pitch, gain pan, start and length of all the active samples via the included patch points. This opens up a world of possibilities when it comes to your Eurorack system. You can even use the MIDI connectivity for the polyphonic playback of samples or slices. The playback can be synced to an analog or MIDI clock, ideal for sequencing with external gear.
Exceptional audio performance and versatile connectivity
The Bitbox boasts a wide range of functions and parameters, allowing you to get in-depth with sampling and looping. It includes various launch modes such as one-shot, toggle and gate providing added flexibility when it comes to triggering samples. You can also save and recall unlimited presets, making it easy to save your settings and recall them for performances and building on ideas.
For Ableton Live users, the Bitbox provides the means to export your sets directly to the DAW. This can aid in music production, allowing you to formulate loops and chopped samples directly from the module. The module delivers 24-bit/48kHz stereo audio processing delivering exceptional sound quality.
The Bitbox features a wide variety of patch points including MIDI and CV inputs. It also accepts the TRS MIDI input, making it compatible Arturia synths and other products. The user interface can be even flipped upside down so you can mount the unit with the screen on the bottom for added versatility.
- Play up to 24 simultaneous samples from internal memory or up to eight longer samples direct from the microSD card
- Configure up to 16 sample pads per preset as individual or multi-layered samples, clips, slicers, granular or new recordings
- Samples can be triggered with the touch screen, CV gate inputs or MIDI inputs
- MIDI input trigger for polyphonic playback of samples
- Huge variation of editing through parameters like pitch, gain, filter, ADSR and much more
- Record directly to Eurorack level straight into the module
- Each pad can be configured to stereo or mono recording with clock sync
- Recording can be triggered by audio level threshold
- Immediate playback after recording opens up live looping possibilities
- Recordings can last up to 4 hours in length
- Store recordings as WAV files directly to the inputted SD card and transfer to your computer
- Play time-synchronized loops with constant pitch time shifting in clip mode
- Module parameters with up to 8 CV inputs
- Each of the 16 pads can be triggered with a dedicated gate input
- 24-bit 48kHz stereo processing
- 4-channel output available to each cell as 4 mono outputs or 2 stereo pairs
Connect both TRS MIDI Type A and Type B with no adapter needed
- DC-coupled inputs to record and play out CV and audio signals
- Route the audio from each pad out to one of 2 stereo audio output pairs or any of the corresponding single channels
- Play a single or multi-sample pad pitch shifted using MIDI notes or CV
- 3.5" diagonal touch screen makes menu scrolling a breeze
- Double the power with a 400 MHz Dual Core ARM processor
- Added effects such as reverb and delay
- Import and export WAV files using microSD card
- Quick and easy recall of presets
- Flip the UI to put jacks on top to fit a wide range of Eurorack styles
- Size: 26HP
- +12V: 400mA
- -12V: 0mA
- 5V: 0mA
- Conversion: 24-bit ADC and DAC
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.25″ x 5″x 1.75″
- What's included: 1 x Bitbox MK2, 1 x micro SD card with a bank of demo presets and pre-loaded samples, 1 x Eurorack power cable, 1 x quickstart guide, 1 x MIDI adapter
- Product code: 1010-020