View Full Description
In a class of its own
The Kanto TUK utilises cutting-edge technology to deliver the best possible listening experience when it comes to bookshelf speakers. One of the driving forces of the TUK speakers is the specialised AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeters. This unique tweeter delivers unparalleled sonic accuracy, reproduces the highs and lows of your sound with incredible precision. The pleated construction of the tweeter provides an increased surface area, allowing for improved movement of air. This results in improved definition and a wider dispersion, ensuring everyone in the rooms hears a consistent sound.
At the core of the TUK speakers is a 130W RMS class D amplifier, providing 656W RMS to each channel. The powerful onboard DSP (digital signal processing) delivers an ultra-wide frequency response, capturing every nuance of your source audio. The advanced DSP allows Kanto to fine-tune the speakers to achieve the exact sound desired. The active crossover also improves the low-end resolution, filtering out lower frequencies below 80Hz when connected to a subwoofer.
High-resolution Bluetooth wireless technology
Not only do the Kanto TUKs perform well with audio cables; it also can transmit high-resolution audio over Bluetooth. Using a device that supports aptx HD (smartphones, media players etc.) you can enjoy audiophile-quality sound wirelessly. The speakers also provides support for standard aptX and AAC codecs, ensuring top-quality sound regardless of the device.
Versatile connectivity with input display
The TUK is jam-packed with connections, featuring everything you could possibly need to enjoy your music from your chosen medium. Use the Phono connection to hook up a turntable or use the RCA to hook up your TV or Blu-Ray player. Output terminals are also included for use with passive speakers as well as a 3.5mm headphone output for private listening.
Another unique feature of the TUK is the integrated input display. The front of the speaker features an array of five lights, indicating when a connection is in use. The dedicated LEDs provides you visual confirmation, taking the guesswork out of which device you are using. You can even adjust the brightness of the input display or fully turn off the LEDs.
Built-in phono preamp and USB input for external DAC
This is a truly all-in-one speaker system, providing everything you could need to get the job done. A phono preamp is typically used as the bridge between the turntables and speakers. The integrated preamp eliminates the need for this, allowing you to plug your turntables directly into the speakers.
You can also improve the audio performance of other equipment using the external DAC that the Kanto TUK offers. For instance, PCs onboard sound cards can usually be lacking n audio quality and prone to electromagnetic interference. The USB input supports audio resolution up to 24-bit/96kHz, providing a solid digital connection to your PC. The USB input can also be used to charge and power various devices such as smartphones.
Robust, sleek, contemporary design
Not only do these speakers sound great, they look great too. The contemporary design features a sleek exterior, allowing them to easily blend into any living space. From your desktop to your living room and everything in between, these speakers are suitable for a range of applications. It boasts a range of useful features for simplicity and convenience. You can swap channels to accommodate your setup, should you not want to switch between cables when moving the speakers.
Custom EQ presets allows you to control how different devices sound when they are plugged in to the speakers. For instance, should you want a more bassy response for gaming or TV you can simply set your preference and save your settings. It also has automatic standby and power-up modes for conserving power when the speakers are not in use. The speakers come complete with a remote control allows you to mute your connected subwoofer, reduce the bass output and adjust the brightness of the input display.
- Remote with Batteries
- 2 x Magnetic Grilles
- Power Cord
- Speaker Wire with Banana plugs (15 ft)
- 3.5mm to RCA Cable (6 ft)
- USB Cable
- 8 x Rubber Feet
- Cutting-edge Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter provides and ultra-wide frequency response
- Exceptional sonic clarity, capturing every nuance from your source audio
- Perfect for use with turntables, computers, media players and even televisions
- 65 per-channel Class-D amplification
- 5.25-inch aluminium concave cone drivers
- Onboard DSP
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity for wireless use
- Qualcomm AptX HD and AAC codec support
- TOSLINK, RCA And Phono inputs
- USB DAC for PC users
- Onboard headphone jack for private listening
- Comes complete with a compact remote control
- Tweeters: 28 mm x 35 mm AMT Tweeters
- Drivers: 5.25″ Aluminium Drivers
- Amplifier: Class-D amplifier, 260W Peak Power (130 Watts Total RMS)
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 4.2 with Qualcomm® aptX™
- Codecs: HD and AAC Codecs USB DAC
- Preamp: Dedicated Phono Pre-amp RCA Input
- Other Inputs: RCA, optical (TOSLINK), 3.5mm mini-jack AUX
- Outputs: Headphone, subwoofer, USB charge 5V, 2A
- Dimensions (each speaker): 7″ x 8.5″ x 10.9″ (17.8 x 21.5 x 27.6 cm)
- Net Weight (active): 11.1 lb (5.0 kg)
- Net Weight (passive): 9.9 lb (4.5 kg)
- Mounting: 1/4-inch -20 Threaded Mounting Hole