View Full Description
A body with sophisticated style and scintillating sound
The Gretsch G6122T-62GE Country Gentlemen is a classic shape that instantly evokes the complex fingerpicking of Chet Atkins and the revolutionary riffs of George Harrison. Its large, hollow design offers crisp overtones and superb projection through the 3-ply maple top.
Laminated maple produces a deep, rounded tone that has the benefit of reducing feedback at higher volume levels. Feedback is further reduced by having painted F-holes, granting you the Hollowbody aesthetic without suffering the drawbacks. Gretsch want you to have fun with the G6122T, so play at any level and enjoy tonal purity with minimal interference.
Neck and fingerboard
A "U" shape neck reduces hand fatigue and helps you get into chords faster, while the choice of ebony as the fretboard wood gives you unparalleled response, comfort and tone when plucking each note. In true Gretsch fashion, this guitar features a zero fret for an alternative tone and less wear on the bone nut.
Vintage style frets are matched with pearloid thumbnail inlays that elevate the G6122T's classic appearance while also emphasising the ebony fretboard and its natural beauty. Quite apart from its unique visage, it also allows for smooth playability and quick transitions around the neck. A double-cutaway makes accessing the high frets effortless, inviting you to use the full-scale length for your playing.
TV Jones Classic humbuckers
Equipped with TV Jones Classic pickups that respond to every pick or strum, the Gretsch G6122T offers a refined, articulate tone and an unmistakable sound reminiscent of the 1950s era. Controlling these delicately constructed classic pickups is easy, with independent volume controls, a master volume control and a three-way toggle switch. Tailor your sound exactly how you want it. In addition, Gretsch have installed their "Squeezebox" paper-in-oil capacitors that sing with a silky vintage high end, for the ultimate sound.
These expertly made pickups from TV Jones will help you summon the sounds of the '60s and emit the Gretsch growl that launched the British Invasion. While in humbucker format, these aren't as dark or warm as traditional double-coil pickups, and still shine with gleaming bright tones on both positions. Their middle ground voicing between single coil and humbucker lets them unload when you need to crank up the gain, but retains the airy qualities for clean channels.
Gretsch appointments and classic Bigsby B6GVT Vibrato Tailpiece
The Gretsch G6122T-62GE features the classic appointments that made this guitar a legend including dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, gold G Arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover Imperial tuning machines.
Then there's the Bigsby B6GVT Vibrato Tailpiece, which lets you add expressive shimmer to your playing all while keeping your tuning stable thanks to its pinned "rocking" bar bridge. Working in tandem with the zero fret and bone nut, your strings will be able to slide about without binding. Get experimenting and let loose your licks augmented by the vibrato panache of the Bigsby tailpiece.
- Series: Gretsch® Professional Collection
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Colour: Walnut Stain
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I/B Purfling
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated 3-Ply Maple with Simulated F-Holes
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Thumbnails
Hardware & Electronics
Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Bridge: Rocking Bar
- Tuning Machines: Gover® Imperial Gold
- Control knobs: "G" Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Case Included: Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell