View Full Description
Solid Engelmann Spruce & Solid Mahogany Construction
The Faith Eclipse Mercury Scoop features an entire solid wood construction for a superior tone and incredible dynamic response. Its solid engelmann spruce top yields crisp articulation and a slightly richer mid-range than sitka spruce. The solid top's smooth tone provides a versatile soundboard that is able to accommodate numerous genres and techniques with equal ease, from fingerpicking styles to heavier strumming patterns. Furthermore, the solid engelmann spruce top is paired with solid mahogany back and sides that add warmth, resonance and plenty of emphasis to the bass and trebles, providing the player with a rich, complex, and full-bodied sound that is more well-known as the 'classic' acoustic voice.
Mahogany Neck & Macassan Figured Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the Eclipse Mercury offers a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. Furthermore, the neck is topped with an Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
This traditional parlour inspired body was designed as a stage guitar to provide the player with workhorse functionality and optimum performance capability, perfect for the gigging guitarist or performing singer/songwriter. Additionally, its compact size provides comfort throughout both seated and standing performance, while its 'scoop' comfort-contour offers enhanced playability higher up the fingerboard. Furthermore, the Mercury also has a 12th fret neck join with lower string tension and a shifted bridge, which together all add to the Mercury's easy playability with an acoustic voice that belies its size. The overall tone produced is equally suited to a variety of picking and strumming techniques.
Equipped with a Shadow Stereo preamp and Shadow Nanoflex 6 pickup, the Eclipse Mercury Scoop offers basic sound tweaking for live, studio and rehearsal environments. Additionally, its Shadow Nanoflex pickup captures the acoustic's natural voice and projects it purely, clearly, and faithfully. The Eclipse Mercury also has a Shadow Stereo preamp that features a convenient on-board tuner for precise and easy tuning on-the-go. Furthermore, the preamp provides tone tweaking controls for optional sound shaping when plugged in which include volume, treble, middle, and bass. Lastly, a phase button is also featured which prevents undesirable feedback when plugged-in.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to your guitar, and a rich, beautifully balanced tone with superb volume, projection.
- Hardcase included
- all-solid wood construction for a rich sonic performance
- 12th fret scoop provides added comfort and enhanced playability
- Patrick James Eggle bracing for a richer, louder acoustic sound
- Grover rotomatic machineheads for precise, stable, and easy tuning
- Sonically-versatile mixture of timbers projects classic acoustic sound that is perfectly-suited to a wide variety of genres
- Gloss black finish, chrome hardware, abalone rosette and MOP 'F' inlay provides an edgy, performance-ready appearance
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Type: Mercury - Traditional Parlour
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bridge Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony w/ Abalone Dots
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Rosette: 5 mm Abalone w/ Fibre Boarder
- Colour: Black
- Finish Type: Gloss
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design (12th Fret Join)
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Truss Rod: 2 Way
- Scale Length: 610 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic
- Pickup: Shadow Nanoflex 6
- Preamp: Shadow L4020HEX Stereo
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Bass/Middle/Treble/Phase/Tuner
- Case: Faith Hardcase Included