View Full Description
A Unique Blend of Effect Sounds
The Night Wire V2 is a pedal that combines the effect sounds of a tremolo, vibe, wah and phaser. It is highly adaptable and can operate in radically different ways, depending on how you set it up. The core sound is a tremolo effect, based on time-based alterations to your signal. The varied harmonic content is then created by splitting the input signal into low-pass and high-pass filters, and then modulating the signals to create a magical blend of effects.
Three Different Modes
The Night Wire's frequency split-point can be set in three modes - Manual, LFO or Attack. Manual lets you set your own split-point, LFO adjusts the frequency in time with a low frequency oscillator, while Attack changes the frequency depending on your playing dynamics.
The Night Wire also allows you to adjust the rate manually, or can be set to let the rate respond to your playing dynamics, so the harder you pick, the faster the effect's oscillation and vice-versa.
Between these settings, the Night Wire lets you shape your sound with either manual, fixed or responsive control. This provides a huge amount of space for sonic experimentation and creativity. The tremolo can be subtle and shimmery or full-on throbbing depending on where the depth control is set. With the depth set to zero, the Night Wire V2 acts like a fixed filter, phase shifter or envelope-controlled filter depending on which mode the filter frequency is in.
Whether you're seeking a traditional tremolo, phaser, vibe, or even an envelope filter sound which responds to your playing dynamics, you'll find it all with the Night Wire V2.
The Night Wire has been upgraded in its V2 iteration with a new circuit design. This new circuitry creates a greater signal-to-noise ratio and gives even more output and tonal versatility.
The new V2 Flexi Switch enables you to operate the pedal in traditional latching mode or in momentary mode. This allows the pedal to work like a usual guitar effects pedal on/off switch or can be used to create 'stutter' effects. The momentary operation is also idea for highlighting short musical passages with the effect briefly engaged.
The Night Wire V2 has a true bypass output which maintains the clarity of your signal when the pedal is disengaged. EarthQuaker Devices has upgraded this pedal with a soft-touch switch that enables silent and smooth switching for effortless operation on stage and in the studio.
The Night Wire V2 features top-mounted audio connections and a power input socket to allow you to maximise your pedalboard space. The pedal is handmade, one at a time, by the craftspeople at EarthQuaker Devices and it features a rugged metal chassis and premium components to last a lifetime of gigging.
- Harmonic tremolo: signal is split into low and high pass filters then modulated
- Control the frequency with your playing dynamics, or with an LFO, or leave the frequency fixed
- Control the rate with your playing dynamics or fix it manually
- Flexi-switch offers both latching and momentary operation
- High-quality soft-touch relay switching for noise-free operation
- Top-mount jack sockets and power input
- Upgraded circuitry for lower noise and better performance
- Handmade in Akron, Ohio USA
- Controls: Depth, Rate, Level, Frequency, Rate Switch (attack/manual), Frequency Switch (LFO/manual/attack)
- Connectivity: Guitar in (1/4''), Output (1/4'')
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Power: 9v DC (not included) 2.1mm center-negative or 9v Battery (not included)
- Current Draw: 50mA
- Dimensions: 117.48mm (D) x 63.5mm (W) x 57.15mm (H)
- Weight: 0.397 KG