Employing people who share our passion for music is at the heart of our business. After a period of time we are able to offer career progression for hard working individuals to support the growth of our business, some examples of which can be seen below:
- Progression across departments including Showroom, Sales & Customer Services, Web Content, Marketing, Purchasing, Returns
- Progression into Team Leader and Management positions
- Opportunities to support with and experience the growth of our European expansion in locations such as Germany and Sweden
We are constantly reviewing our packages and perks, below is a selection of what's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Staff discount on all musical products
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Share Options for long-serving employees
- Free tea & coffee facilities (nice lattes & cappuccinos!)
- Corporate Eye Care vouchers
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Wellbeing Perks such as flu jabs and health checks
We are a people company and input, ideas and innovations are welcomed and encouraged from everyone in the business. We have an open, collaborative and friendly workspace and offer a supportive learning environment for people to grow and develop, including:
- Blended learning approach to support individual learning styles and preferences
- Regular 121s and informal feedback
- Excellent ‘on-the-job’ training
- Training from external product specialists to ensure we are able to provide excellent customer service and advise on the latest products and technologies
- Annual Performance Reviews and Performance Development Plans to reward high performance and focus on development looking forward
- E-Learning packages to provide bite-size learning which can be undertaken at times to suit individuals
- External training and professional certifications
All larger businesses in the UK are required to report their gender pay gap. As of April 2017 we are pleased to report that our mean gender pay gap (12.6%) is better than the national average 17.4%):
- Women’s hourly rate is 12.6% lower (mean) and 14.8% higher (median).
- Top salary quartile has 84.8% men and 15.2% women
- Upper middle salary quartile has 63.2% men and 36.8% women
- Lower middle salary quartile has 86% men and 14% women
- Lower salary quartile has 93.1% men and 6.9% women
- Women’s bonus pay is 0% lower (mean) and 0% lower (median)
- 0.5% of men and 0% of women received bonus pay
Here at Gear4music we pride ourselves on having the best skills and expertise for our industry. We strongly believe in growing our talent by recruiting only the best people, identifying individual strengths, and providing development opportunities with the scope for career progression as a result.
Our diverse workforce is the best part of Gear4music; offering different cultures, knowledge and skills makes it a fantastic place to work. Many of our employees are musicians in their spare time, it's been known for them to showcase their talent at social outings such as the Christmas party.
If you think you have something to offer an ambitious growing music company, where you will be treated well in return for your hard work and efforts, then please look over our Current Vacancies.