View Full Description
How to Claim Free UAD Plugins
Ready to sound like the pros? If you buy and register this interface you can get the following UAD plugins for free (please note that there are different plugins included dependant on which Universal Audio interface you purchase): Antares Auto-Tune Realtime Advanced, Galaxy Tape Echo, Pure Plate Reverb. All you need to do to get these free plugins is buy this new interface from Gear4music and register it on Universal Audio's website. Already own any of the plugins from the promotion? No problem. You'll be able to pick from an alternate list of UAD plugins. Offer ends June 30th 2020.
Included In The Bundle
- 1 x Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo MkII, Thunderbolt
- 1 x Shure SM7B Studio Microphone
- 1 x A7WS Detachable Windscreen
- 1 x RPM602 Switch Cover Plate
- 1 x Heavy Duty Studio Arm Mic Stand
- 1 x 3m (10ft) XLR Cable
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo MkII
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo MKII features a completely new design, with the next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion revamped for improved dynamic range ultra-low THD. The 2x6 Thunderbolt configuration delivers exceptional clarity and depth when it comes to your recordings, retaining the natural harmonic qualities while bringing out the best from your source material. The clarity and warmth of the Twin Duo MKII can be found on hit recordings from Coldplay, Kendrick Lamar and more. The Dual realtime DSP on-board processors provide exceptional audio performance, allowing you to use a wide range of plug-ins, opening up a range of options for analog sound and added colour. The exterior of the interface has also seen a redesign, with its same familiar configuration now housed in a sleek, dark-grey finish that will match any studio setup.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology
Apollo Twin Duo MKII’s Unison technology produces one of the most sought-after tones in the world, delivering the authentic analog warmth and sound normally reserved for tube and transformer-based microphone preamps. The attention to detail brings out the best from your recordings, utilising the signature impedance, gain staging and component-level circuit behaviours to deliver the best possible audio performance on the market. The Unison technology lets you record at near-zero latency through a range of preamp emulations such as the UA 610-B Tube Preamp (included). The resulting tone is an authentic analog sound unmatched by other audio interfaces. The Unison technology is also found on the front panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, providing the best impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models for the most popular manufacturers.
Controls & Connectivity
The superior build quality and premium-grade components of the Twin Duo MKII’s audio interface makes it perfectly suited to any studio or home recording environment, with its compact design making it highly portable. The unit itself features 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps as well as 2 line outputs and a front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output. This wide range of connectivity means you can capture studio-grade recordings for both vocals and instruments, allowing you to capture and track all your inputs with ease. 2 digital controlled analog monitor outputs provide full resolution sound at all listening levels, meaning you can hear every nuance even when listening at lower levels. There are also 8 additional channels of digital input via the Optical TOSLINK connection as well as improvements to the monitor functionality including monitor remote and upgrade controls./p>
The ergonomic layout of the Apollo Twin Duo MKII, Thunderbolt is designed to improve your overall workflow as well as the monitoring functionality. New Mono, Mute, DIM and ALT monitor controls have been included, streamlining your monitoring process. A built-in talkback mic also allows you to communicate with your recording artists, allowing you to give them cues and other instructions on the fly. The unique scalability of UAD devices means you can combine up to four Apollo interfaces and up to six UAD-2 devices in total, allowing you to expand your I/O and DSP to meet your needs. Additionally, the Apollo Twin MKII comes complete with the Realtime Analog Classics UAD Plug-In bundle featuring Legacy version of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, Pultec EQP-1A EQ, 610-B Tube Preamp EQ and a whole lot more. This wide range of studio-grade effects allows you to further improve your recordings, adding subtle overtones and compression as you require it.
Realtime Analog UAD Powered Plugins Bundle
- UA 610-B (Unison)
- 1176LN Legacy
- 1176SE Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic (Unison)
- Marshall Plexi Classic (Unison)
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Mod
- Precision Delay Mod L
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Raw Distortion (Unison)
- RealVerb Pro
Shure SM7B Dynamic Studio Microphone
Coming through loud and clear
If you’ve ever listened to a podcast or the radio. There’s a very good chance you’ve already heard the SM7B. Indeed, it’s the microphone of choice for The Joe Rogan Podcast. You’ll discover in your recordings, that the SM7B gives you crystal clear, uncompromised recordings.
That’s because a humbucking coil, stops interference from electronics. Being close to computers, mixing desks aren’t a problem for the SM7B. Something else that reduces interference, is the built-in pop shield. This means your sound is protected from plosives, breath noise, and environmental sounds.
All of which means, your intended sound source is recorded in sparkling quality. No interference, no outside noise – just the music.
How the SM7B got so famous
You might wonder. What got the SM7B into such high regard? Well, it’s the fact that you can point it at anything. And you get incredible sound. The proof? The list of places it’s been used.
It was the basis for the searing Arctic Monkey’s single ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’. It was even the weapon of choice for Quincy Jones’s team when recording Thriller. All because, it makes it simpler to record something special.
Quality you can see, hear, and feel
The SM7B is not a fragile thing. Its high-end sound is matched by a high-end construction. The matte black chassis is built using steel and an aluminium enamel. And there’s internal ‘air suspension’ that stabilises the microphone, so you won’t get any impact noises. So you won’t have to worry when it’s getting used in the studio or on stage.
You can also make EQ changes quickly. There’s two switches on the SM7B, one that rolls off (reduces) bass and another that boosts presence (mid/treble). These switches push the SM7B into new territory, from a warm, humane sound into a more energetic, hyped up sound. It’s just another string in the bow for the SM7B, that makes it so well suited to recording in studios.
Heavy Duty Studio Arm Mic Stand by Gear4music
Perfect for podcasting and broadcasts
Perfect for studio, radio, broadcast or home studio use, this great quality stand is versatile and sturdy. With both a clamp and screw in stand provided, this stand offers full 360 degree rotation and versatile and easy to adjust mic positioning.
This great quality stand from Gear4music is perfect for studio, radio, broadcast or home studio use. With a standard 16mm thread and 360 degree rotation, this is an incredibly versatile stand.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo MKII
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Single UAD DSP Processor for optimal processing power and audio performance
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Marshall Plexi Classic and Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Shure SM7B Dynamic Studio Microphone
- Flat, wide-range frequency response
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls
- Graphic display for response settings
- Improved electromagnetic hum rejection
- Internal 'air suspension' shock isolation
- Highly effective built in pop filter
- Classic cardioid polar pick-up pattern
- Rugged, robust construction & cartridge protection
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut
Heavy Duty Studio Arm Mic Stand by Gear4music
- Perfect for studio and broadcast use
- 360-degree rotation for optimal positioning
- Includes clamp
- Strong and versatile design
- Standard 16mm mic thread