View Full Description
What’s new in Cubase Artist 12
A wide range of new features and workflow enhancements are included within Cubase Artist 12 such as deeper integration for MIDI controllers, as well new function and key commands to speed up the editing process. One of the most groundbreaking new features is the ability to instantly convert audio to MIDI chords by simply dragging your selected audio onto the Chord Track within Cubase. This tool is great for sampling, remixing and demoing ideas quickly and efficiently. The new ‘FX Modulator’ is perfect for experimenting with sounds and creating new tones from existing sounds via multi-effect modulation.
Verve is a new virtual instrument – a felt piano that delivers unparalleled warmth and beauty, perfect for evoking emotion and creating melancholic soundscapes. Support for Dolby Atmos has also been included, allowing you to produce immersive music, completely within Cubase Artist. Designed for professionals, Cubase Artist 12 has also included several new features for the advanced post-production system – Nuendo. The ‘Free Warp’ tool has also been improved, allowing you to edit your audio recording and correct your timing directly from the project window.
New Scale Assistant in VariAudio for easy pitch editing
The powerful VariAudio has been revamped with the brand-new ‘Scale Assistant’ combining two powerful tools to make pitch editing easier than ever before. VariAudio provides you with MIDI-style note editing of monophonic tracks. This is great for unparalleled manipulation of both bass and vocals. It provides you with the means to adjust pitch, correct time, as well as manipulation the intonation of notes. With the new ‘Scale Assistant’ you can now be guided with your pitch editing decisions, making the process an absolute breeze! A firm favourite within the Cubase community, you'll be able to use this plugin to instantly re-create that iconic auto-tune effect that's synonymous with pop music, as well as produce perfect artificial harmonies.
Award-winning 64-bit digital engine
Cubase Artist 12 features their own custom award-winning, double-precision 64-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine. This provides you with resolutions up to 192 kHz, as well as 5.1 surround sound possibilities, versatile routing and automatic delay compensation. There's a good reason why some of the world's leading producers and musicians choose Cubase to capture their fleeting moments of inspiration.
Four powerful virtual instruments and over 2,500 instrument sounds
Achieving great tones with virtual instruments has never been so easy. Cubase Artist 12 boasts four of the finest VSTs available on the market. This includes HALion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop 2 and Retrologue 2. Artist also features over 2,500 instrument sounds, providing you with a comprehensive sonic palette so you can create anything you can imagine!
Pro-grade effect suite with over 90 audio/MIDI VST processors
Cubase Artist 12 comes with 90+ professional-grade MIDI and VST effect processors so you can shape and sculpt your sound as you please. These plugins are as good as it gets, providing you with a comprehensive range of compressors, equalizers, reverbs and delays to ensure you hit the ground running.
Say goodbye to the dongle!
Cubase 12 now features a new licensing system that replaces the Steinberg eLicenser. Ushering in a new era for licensing, this new system means you no longer need a physical copy protection device, providing even more freedom and lifting many restrictions from the past.
- Improved MIDI Remote controller integration
- FX Modulator - advanced, multi-effect modulation
- Improved AudioWarp with phase-coherent multi-track warp
- Scale Assistant in VariAudio
- Audio to MIDI chords
- Verve - a beautifully atmospheric felt piano.
- Native Apple silicon support
- Award-winning 64-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Realise you creative vision with unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
- Provides support for up to 32 physical inputs and outputs
- Includes eight premium instruments with over 2,500 sounds
- Make use of the comprehensive content library that features thousands of instrument sounds, MIDI construction loops and audio samples
- Visualize and clean up your audio or separate the vocal part from any kinds of audio tracks with SpectraLayer
- Powerful sample editor is suitable for all common audio editing tasks
- Operating systems (Windows):
- 64-bit Windows 11 (version 21H2 or higher)
- 64-bit Windows 10 (version 21H2 or higher)
- Operating systems (Mac):
- macOS Monterey
- macOS Big Sur
- Apple silicon-based Mac:
- CPU minimum (Windows): ®Intel Core™ i5 (4th Generation) or AMD Ryzen™
- CPU minimum (Mac): ®Intel Core™ i5 (mid 2013 or later) or Apple silicon
- CPU cores: 4 or more
- RAM minimum: 8 GB
- Hard disk free space (full installation): 70 GB
- Display resolution minimum (at 100 percent UI scaling): 1440 x 900
- Graphics minimum (Windows): Graphics card with native Windows 10 support (Microsoft Basic Display Driver is not recommended)
- Graphics recommended (Windows): AMD R or RX series and later or NVIDIA Series 700 and later
- Graphics (Mac): Graphics card with Metal support Graphics card with Metal support
- OS compatible audio hardware
- ASIO-compatible audio hardware is recommended for low-latency performance
- An internet connection is required for activation, account setup and personal/product registration. A download is required for the installation
- Note: This software version does not support 32-bit plug-ins. VST 2 plug-ins only run in Rosetta 2 mode on Apple silicon-based Mac computers. Cubase does not support VST 2 when running natively on Apple silicon Macs
- Product Code: 48599