Sontronics Mercury Variable-Pattern Valve Microphone
Sontronics Mercury Variable-Pattern Valve MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 80903View Full Description
Buy on finance from £36.84 per month Finance from £36.84 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Analog Valve Warmth
The Sontronics Mercury Valve Microphone builds on the success of the multi-award-winning ARIA microphone, designed to suit any recording application, from percussion to vocals, string ensembles and more. The microphone itself is designed and developed alongside some of the most renowned UK artists and producers as well as engineers from Abbey Road Studios to attain immense sonic accuracy and audio fidelity. At the heart of the Sontronics Mercury Variable-Pattern Vale Microphone is the hand-selected, European made ECC81/12AT7 vacuum tube, delivering the classic warmth and punch associated with vintage valve microphones.
Sweepable Polar Patterns
One of the most unique features of the Sontronics Mercury is the near endless choice of polar patterns, thanks to the sweepable control knob. The Sontronics Mercury studio microphone features three main polar patterns including omnidirectional, figure-of-eight and everything in between. The sweepable control knob allows you to switch between polar patterns and dial in the right amount of each for a unique pickup sound. Combined with the extended frequency range, this unique variable polar-pattern delivers exceptional audio fidelity, capturing every nuance of your source audio.
Design & Connectivity
The highly robust design features an all-metal construction, easily withstanding the rigours of extended and prolonged use. The sleek and stylish design features a PAD (0, -10dB) control on the front of the microphone as well as filter (linear, 75Hz) controls. The included professional power supply includes an integrated medical-grade interference filter as well as a low-noise design for enhanced audio performance.
- Variable-pattern valve microphone
- European-made vacuum tube for analog warmth
- Extended frequency range for best audio clarity
- Two selectable polar patterns with sweepable control knob
- Built-in Pad (0, -10dB)
- Integrated filter controls
- Includes professional power supply with medical-grade interference filter
- Complete with wooden box (for Mercury mic), shockmount, cables, power supply and aluminium flightcase
- Designed and developed with Abbey Road Studio engineers
- Microphone type:Variable-pattern valve/tube condenser
- Polar patterns: Omnidirectional via cardioid to figure-of-eight (and everything in between)
- Pad: 0, -10dB
- Filter: Linear, 75Hz
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 18mV/Pa -33dB ±1.5dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1kHz)
- Impedance: ≤200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: ≤12dB (A-weighted)
- Max. SPL (for 0.5 THD @ 1kHz): 125dB
- Power supply: 230V / 115V (phantom power not required)
- Comes with: Wooden box (for Mercury mic), shockmount, cables, power supply, aluminium flightcase
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.