View Full Description
Special Offer - How to Claim
To get this special offer on your SSL interface you will need to follow these steps. Buy an SSL 2 or SSL 2+ interface from Gear4music. Register your product before January 1st 2022. And that's it! Included in the SSL Production Pack are: SSL Native Vocalstrip 2, Drumstrip plug-ins, FlexVerb and LMC+ plugins, Native Instruments Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start, Avid Pro Tools First + an exclusive SSL collection of AAX plugins, Ableton Live Lite and 1.5 GB Samples from Loopcloud.
Legacy 4K analog enhancement – added sparkle for your vocals
The thing that sets the SSL 2 apart from conventional audio interfaces is the built-in Legacy 4K enhancement. For years, SSL have been at the forefront of analog electronics and console design, from their EQ 232 and 292 circuits to the punch of the now classic SSL G-series Bus compressor. Utilising years of expertise SSL have incorporated a way to add more life to your raw vocal recordings.
The Legacy 4K enhancement effect is inspired by the sound and character of the SSL 4000 series console. When capturing the sound of a raw microphone recording, sometimes it can sound lifeless and uninspiring. To add a little sparkle to your vocals, you can simply hit the Legacy 4K button and hear the difference immediately. It combines two essential characteristics of the 4000 series console into a single circuit. This two-part process employs a high-frequency EQ boost and subtle harmonic distortion to deliver a fine-tuned, sparkling sound.
Class-leading mic preamps and headphone amplifier
At the heart of the two-channel design are two class-leading microphone preamps which deliver 24-bit/192kHz audio conversion rates. The result is pristine sound that captures every nuance from your source audio, no matter if its vocals or instruments. The interface also uses professional-grade Neutrik connectors and alp pots for the best possible performance.
Monitor your sources with precision using the built-in headphone amplifier. The high-current headphone amp delivers high-end sound straight to your headphones, making it easier than ever to check your levels whilst recording. The Advanced Workflow Technology provides an ergonomic layout with easy to use metering.
Complete with comprehensive SSL production pack
The SSL 2 comes complete with a comprehensive software suite comprised of SSL native plugins, DAWs, samples, loops and virtual instruments from some of the most revered audio specialists. It provides you with an incredible arsenal of tools to create and enhance your music. The VocalStrip plug-in features four select vocal processing tools with SSL’s own unique twist You can use this to bring studio-quality vocal processing to your mixes, with an informative visual feedback showing you everything you need to see when it comes to your audio signal. The DrumStrip plugin is similar but is designed for use with drum tracks.
Two powerful DAWs are also included – Pro Tools | First and Ableton Live Lite. Pro Tools provides you with a powerful workspace you can use to create music and capture recordings. Complete with Pro Tools | First is a number of additional SSL AAX plugins including the legendary Bombfactory compressors: BF-76, BF-2A and BF-3A. Ableton Live Lite is a highly versatile DAW and a streamlined version of Ableton’s music creation software, for both DJs and musicians.
Loopcloud and SSL have joined together to provide you with a hefty 1.5GB worth of samples. The premium-quality samples and loops cover everything you could need and are organised by genre for quick and easy navigation. Last but not least, Native Instruments have provided Hybrid Keys and Komplete Start. Start your musical journey with a powerful selection of over 2000 sounds, spanning synths, samples instruments, effects and more.
- 2X class leading mic preamps (130.5dB EIN / 62dB of Gain)
- Pro-studio quality Neutrik Connectors and Alps pots
- High current headphone amplifier
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AKM converters
- Legacy 4K analog enhancement – inspired by SSL4000 series console
- SSL Production Pack - exclusive software bundle
- Advanced Workflow Technology utilised in ergonomics, layout and metering
- Mic/Line/Inst inputs: 2
- Legacy 4K switches: Yes
- Balanced monitor outputs: Yes
- Stereo headphone outputs: 1
- Low-latency monitor mix control: Yes
- USB bus powered: Yes
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20 kHz (line / Inst) ± 0.05dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20 kHz (Mic) ± 0.1dB
- Mic input EIN (A-Weighted, 150 Ω termination): -130.5 dBu
- Input dynamic range (A-weighted): 110.5dB
- Monitor output dynamic range (A-weighted): 112dB
- Input THD+N (@1kHz): less than 0.0015 percent @ -8 dBFS, less than 00.5 percent @ -1 dBFS
- Monitor outputs THD+N (@1kHz): less than 0.0012 percent @ -8 dBFS, less than 0.002 percent @ -1 dBFS
- Maximum input level: +5.5dBu
- Maximum output level: +12.5 dBu
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 9.2 x 6.2 x 2.7” / 234 x 157 x 70mm
- Weight: 1.94lbs / 880g
- Boxed Weight: 2.6lbs / 1.18Kg
- Product Code: SSL0098