View Full Description
New and improved
Rob Papen SubBoomBass 2 is the upgraded version of the legendary bass synth by Rob Papen. Described as being the "essential for anyone making Dance music" by Future Music Magazine, the original version received countless awards and credibility. SubBoomBass 1 featured on many chart-topping tracks, underground anthems, as well as Hollywood film scores. SubBoomBass 2 comes back with a bang, featuring a whole range of new and improved features, combined with a fresh look to cover all your low-end needs.
New X/Y controller
Rob Papen SubBoomBass 2 features a new X/Y pad, which allows you to modulate your sound. It can be used live, allowing you to modulate over time, or can be used whilst creating a sound. The pad allows you to use your mouse to control up to 6 different parameters simultaneously by moving the dot around the pad. This makes it ideal for modulating your bass over time. You can record the movements you make in the X/Y pad as well.
Huge sound design ability
SubBoomBass 2 features over 2250 presets created by legendary sound designer Rob Papen, and other artists. The sounds are ideal for a range of electronic music genres including House, Techno, Tech House, Drum & Bass, Lo-Fi, Deep, and much more. The plugin offers a range of parameters and waveforms for creating powerful, dance floor shaking bass. It provides 2 oscillators, offering 128 waveform types, sampled bass & percussion samples, and modulation options. There are 2 filters with over 20 different filter types, allowing you to shape and mould your bass. SubBoomBass 2 also features a sequencer, allowing you to easily create melodies and patterns. Additionally, SubBoomBass 2 features a variety of FX to process your bass with, including distortion, reverbs, delays, chorus, and flanger.
Ideal for beginners and professionals
A new easy mode is now included on SubBoomBass 2, providing you with all the essential parameters for tweaking and adjusting your sound, which is ideal for the beginner. It also speeds up your workflow, as you can look for a sound, and then quickly access the essential parameters without slowing down your creative flow. For the creative sound designers, there are a whole range of features on the main page for deep editing and tweaking, allowing you to access and adjust each and every parameter as you please.
String physical model
SubBoomBass 2 now includes a physical string model that allows you to create string-based sounds such as plucky guitars, metallic hits, and more. The model uses Karplus-Strong synthesis to create sounds by starting with a short burst impulse. The string section also features a more advanced interface for deeper editing.
- Powerful bass synth plugin
- Over 2250 presets designed by legendary sound designer Rob Papen and guest artists
- Comprehensive MIDI and MPE support for flexible expression
- Scalabe GUI from 100 - 200
- Possibility to tune your layers for more musical excitement
- Store up to 256 user presets
- Several performance modes including legato, sequencer, polyphonic, monophonic and much more
- Simulated analog drift control adds realism and depth to your sound
- Includes 80 samples including acoustic bass, taiko drum, conga, djembe, timpani, toms, and more
- Brand new interface with improved workflow
- Easy mode for quick manipulation of key sound design parameters
- New spectrum waveforms and high quality samples
- Two oscillators offering 128 waveform types, sampled bass & percussion samples, and physical modelling
- Two filters with over 20 types
- Physical string modelling powered by a version of the Karplus-Strong to create string-based sounds
- X/Y screen with new pattern mode for running four sequences
- X/Y pad can control six different parameters simultaneously
- Easy to use bank and presets manager
- Comprehensive modulation matrix with both basic and advanced modes
- 16-step sequencer which can be arranged in pattern mode for longer passages
- Two independent high quality FX units with 29 effect types
- Operating system:
- PC: Windows 7/ 8 / 10 / 11 (Note: PC AAX for PT 12 or higher) / 32 & 64-Bit
- Mac: OS-10.13 up to OS-12 / 64-Bit
- Windows: VST3, VST 32/64 bit and 64 bits AAX
- Mac: 64 bits AU, VST3, VST, and AAX