View Full Description
Developed by Intel Labs in collaboration with Apple, Thunderbolt is the most advanced input/output (I/O) protocol available today. Twice as fast as USB 3.0, twenty times faster than USB 2.0 and twelve times faster than Firewire 800, it provides unparalleled audio performance with near-zero latency.
The T4 allows you to record and play back audio with awesome sound quality. Unlike USB devices (which can only carry a maximum of 2.5 watts of bus power), Thunderbolt allows for a full 10 watts of power to be carried over the same wire as the audio signal. This allows designers to use higher quality components in the T4, such as custom designed analog preamps (the T4 has eight of them?two for each channel) and high-power A/D/A converters.
The T4 is lightweight and portable and comes with all the software drivers needed. Built with both the studio and the road in mind, the T4 is mounted in a sturdy aluminum/acrylic chassis that can stand up to the wear and tear of an artist on the go. And because it doesn't need a power cable, it can easily be integrated into any live performance rig.
It has a range of innovative features such as an auto-detecting Multichannel Output Mode and Smart Monitoring, which automatically switches between stereo and mono depending upon input configuration.
Four combo XLR / ¼" input jacks allow you to plug in microphones, instruments and line-level devices - with phantom power for all inputs - and there are four balanced TRS outputs for connection to speakers and external mixers. MIDI connectors enable the T4 to be used as an ultra-stable MIDI interface, and there are even dual headphone outputs. Tilted tactile gain controls with three-color wraparound LEDs allow you to quickly set optimal levels, even in low-light onstage environments.
The T4 features a "Big Knob" master volume control; an Input Mix control for blending live signal with computer playback; Smart Monitoring, which automatically switches between stereo and mono depending upon input configuration; and two different modes of operation: Stereo Mix mode, optimised for the studio, and Multichannel mode, perfect for live performance.
Setting up the T4 is fast and easy. It comes with everything you need: a Thunderbolt cable, a QuickStart guide, and a USB card preloaded with all required software and user manual. Simply plug it in, install the drivers, and you're good to go.
The T4's drivers have been programmed by some of the best engineers in the industry. They're specifically designed to ensure stable performance and minimal CPU overhead, allowing your computer to focus on tasks like effects processing and real-time graphic display.
- Near-zero latency for virtually instantaneous recording and playback
- Support for high resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio
- Four channels of I/O
- Four combo XLR / ¼" inputs, each with input gain controls and three-color wraparound LEDs
- Four balanced TRS ¼" outputs
- Dedicated headphone output and secondary headphone output
- Input mix control to blend live signal with computer playback
- Master "Big Knob" output control
- Smart Monitoring automatically switches between stereo and mono
- High quality mic preamps and ADA converters
- Phantom power allows use of condenser microphones
- Bus-powered (no need for AC or batteries)
- Compatible with Thunderbolt equipped Mac and compatible Windows computers
- Thunderbolt cable included
- Comes with all required software drivers
- Lightweight and portable
- Sturdy aluminum/acrylic chassis ensures roadworthiness
- Input: 4 x Combo XLR mic / balanced ¼" TRS, line / instrument level
- Output: 4 x balanced ¼" TRS line-level, 1 x stereo ¼" headphone output, (optional second headphone output via Output 3)
- MIDI: Input / Output
- Thunderbolt port: 1 (bus-powered)
- Trim: 4 (1 per channel) with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- LED clip indicator: 5 (1 per channel and 1 for Input Mix)
- Line/Instrument switch: 2 (Inputs 1 & 2 / 3 & 4)
- Phantom Power: On/Off +48V (global for all channels)
- Input Mix: Blends live input signal with computer output signal
- Big Knob: Controls headphone level and monitoring level (Stereo Mix mode only)
- Connector: XLR Female
- Input Impedance: 1.5k Ohm
- Dynamic Range: > 92dB
- Gain Range: +15dB ~ +60dB (45dB range)
- Maximum Input at Minimum Gain: -1dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise: -124dBu (Gain +60dB @150 ohm termination)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: > 0.009% (@1kHz, -1dBFS)
- Connector: TRS 1/4" Phone
- Input Impedance: 9.2k Ohm
- Dynamic Range: > 95dB
- Gain Range: +0dB ~ +45dB
- Maximum Input at Minimum Gain: +15dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: > 0.008%
- Connector: TS 1/4" Phone
- Input Impedance: 1000k Ohm
- Dynamic Range: > 91dB
- Gain Range: +0dB ~ +45dB
- Maximum Input at Minimum Gain: +15dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: > 0.01%
- Bit resolution: 24-bit
- Sampling rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Mac - and Windows - compatibility: Recommend Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or higher, Windows 8 or higher
- Supports: ASIO, Core Audio, Windows Audio Session API (Windows 8)
- Preamps: 2 per channel, mic / instrument
- Chassis: Aluminum/Acrylic
- A/D/A converter: More than 100dB dynamic range
- Smart Monitoring: Stereo or Mono, selected by Line/Instrument switch
- Stereo Mix mode: All inputs and outputs to Outputs 1 & 2 plus Output 3
- Multichannel mode: 4 individual output channels
- Dimensions: 10.6 x 4.4 x 1.8 in.
- Weight: 2.3 lbs
- T4 Audio interface
- Thunderbolt cable (0.5m / 19.5 in)
- USB card with T-Series driver
- QuickStart guide
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 2 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 30 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 2 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.