Receive a free HP4 Headphone Preamp when you purchase a Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL before January 31st 2014! To claim, download and complete the PDF form.
This Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL USB Audio Interface is a pro product all the way, with high-end 24-bit, 96 kHz converters; Class A XMAX preamps; ADAT optical I/O; S/PDIF coaxial I/O; word-clock output; and MIDI I/O, housed in a heavy-duty, rack-mount metal chassis.
Furthermore, thanks to the power of VSL, the AudioBox 1818VSL includes a 26x8 software mixer. As a result, with just an AudioBox 1818VSL and your laptop or other computer, you can mix a studio session or live show featuring a full band-all while monitoring and recording with or without real-time processing! And you can do it simply and easily, with no hardware mixer, no outboard effects rack, and minimal wiring, thanks to the tight integration between PreSonus hardware and software.
Click on the link below to view in-depth specifications of the Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL USB Audio Interface.
Great processors are a PreSonus tradition
Presonus didn't invent the first audio interface with effects. They feel they simply did it better and for less money. Sure, some interface manufacturers that don't normally make signal processors have added a compressor, EQ and a few effects to their interfaces. But the AudioBox VSL series provides all that, plus a separate limiter, expander, and high-pass filter-and Presone have been making high-quality signal processors since 1995. The AudioBox VSL-series' Virtual StudioLive (VSL)-based effects and Fat Channel processing have been extensively field-tested and proven popular by tens of thousands of StudioLive-series mixer users, including many top professionals.
Of great importance, thanks to VSL's drag-and-drop convenience, adding processing and creating and loading presets is easy. Pro-level processing and superior ease of use mean you'll get better results and have more fun!
High-end sound in a versatile, roadworthy interface
Versatile and portable, the AudioBox 1818VSL offers 2 convenient front-panel mic/instrument combo inputs and 6 front-panel mic/instrument combo inputs, true 48V phantom power (switchable in 2 banks), and 8 line-level outputs. ADAT optical I/O provides 8 more channels of input and output (at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 4 channels at 88.1 or 96 kHz). S/PDIF coaxial digital I/O adds 2 more channels, bringing the total to 18 audio input channels and 18 output channels.
The sound is pure PreSonus, with the same high-headroom, Class A solid-state XMAX preamps found in our StudioLive mixers and high-quality, 24-bit, 96 kHz converters with 114 dB dynamic range for clear, clean audio. And it boasts PreSonus' legendary 120 mW headphone output, which is loud enough to explode the oysters in a Po'-Boy sandwich. (Be careful with your level control!)
The superior sound of PreSonus preamplifiers has long been a major reason that so many audio professionals prefer PreSonus interfaces. The XMAX is the finest solid-state preamplifier Presonus make, offering three key advantages:
- High Voltage The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V. Most off-the-shelf, op-amp-based designs run on power rails of 10V to 18V. Higher-voltage power rails deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs, and a richer overall sound.
- Discrete components Not op-amps. We only use genuine transistors, resistors, and capacitors for ultra-low noise and transparency. Op-amps add noise, coloration, and harshness to a signal.
- Class A circuitry Class A circuits have no crossover distortion and deliver purer, clearer, and more musical results than the Class AB designs that are found in many preamps.
The net result of the XMAX preamp design is high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, extended frequency response, and-most important-musicality and transparency, with smooth highs; solid, deep lows; and everything in between.
Built for the rigors of the road
Pause and ponder this for a moment: a great-sounding 18x18 interface with a computer-based mixer and full complement of dynamics processing and EQ, with reverb and delay effects on dedicated buses, plus MIDI and word clock, all in a single rackspace! And there's more.
The flexibility and power of software
VSL enables you to easily manage the processing and mixing from your Mac® or Windows® PC and provides editor/librarian functions, making it simple to create and use a library of presets. To get you started, we've included the same library of more than 50 Fat Channel presets that comes with StudioLive mixers. These presets were created by professional musicians and engineers and let you instantly set up dynamics processing and EQ for vocals, guitar, and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with the included Studio One Artist DAW and VSL, the AudioBox 1818VSL interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software. And unlike most things nowadays, it's very easy on your budget.
So get down to your PreSonus dealer and check out the AudioBox 1818VSL: the next-generation USB 2.0 interface that gives you extensive I/O, including eight analog inputs and outputs; ADAT optical and S/PDIF digital input and outputs; real-time, low-latency processing and effects; word-clock output; rock-solid construction; software mixing; and high-end audio-all for a price you have to see to believe!
- 24-bit / 96 kHz 18x18 USB 2.0 recording interface
- 2 dual-purpose, front-panel, mic/instrument input channels with:
- Combo XLR mic and balanced ¼" instrument input
- Class A XMAX mic / instrument preamp
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 6 dual-purpose, front-panel, mic/line input channels with:
- Combo XLR mic and balanced ¼" line input
- Class A XMAX mic preamp
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- True +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (switchable in two banks for channels 1-4 and 5-8)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- Power/USB sync LED
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- L/R main output meter (dual 7-segment LED ladder)
- Mix, adjust input and playback-returns levels, and add effects and signal processing from your laptop or other computer
- Studio One Artist digital audio workstation software included
- Virtual StudioLive (VSL) control software included; manages:
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- 26 x 8 DSP mixer
- StudioLive16.0.2 Fat Channel compressor, limiter, expander, high-pass filter, and semi-parametric EQ for each analog input and its DAW return
- 2 stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- More than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 2 combo XLR / ¼" mic/instrument inputs
- 6 combo XLR / ¼" balanced mic/line inputs
- 2 balanced ¼" main (L/R) line outputs
- 6 balanced ¼" auxiliary (L/R) line outputs
- 8 channels ADAT optical input and output (at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 4 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz)
- 2 channels (stereo) S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 1 stereo ¼" headphone output
- 1 BNC word-clock output
- MIDI In/Out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+114 dBu dynamic range)
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7
- Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- 1U rack-mountable
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs 4.6 lb. / 2.1 kg
- 12 VDC external power supply (included)
- Virtual StudioLive (VSL)
- PreSonus' groundbreaking control software
- Studio One Artist
- PreSonus' revolutionary digital audio workstation, with unlimited track count and 4+ GB of 3rd-party resources.