View Full Description
Outstanding frequency response
Driver technology has pushed the JBL brand into the forefront for providing users with exceptional studio monitors featuring excelling dynamic ranges and unmatched frequency responses. With a 2409H high-frequency compression driver, the 708P features an intuitive low-mass annular diaphragm to offer smooth response and low distortion over 36kHz.
Conversely, the 725G low-frequency driver leverages the patented JBL Differential Drive technology to reduce power compression for greater sustained output and extended low-frequency performance below 35kHz. These excelling proprietary drivers allow the 708P monitor to grant two to three times the output of other studio monitors on the market.
JBL image control waveguide
The JBL M2 monitor was the first speaker to feature this exclusive technology. The Image Control Waveguide provides users with accuracy and neutrality with increased sonic detail. The waveguide ensures effortless acoustic transitions between both frequency drivers, giving the 708P a comprehensive sound-stage across the entire frequency spectrum.
This smooth on and off frequency response gives the 708P monitor neutral response across large listening areas, making it ideal for an array of different room sizes.
Built-in dual amplification system
Featuring a 120w amp for the 2409H high-frequency transducer and a 250w amp dedicated to the 728G low-frequency transducer, the 708P delivers exceptional output and greater listening distances.
The 728G transducer features Differential Drive technology that simply enhances the driver performance whilst reduced its weight to deliver better heat dissipation, lower power compression and higher dynamic range when compared to single-coil models.
The integrated dual amplification system optimises the drivers and makes the studio monitor suitable for post production purposes or mastering environments.
Extensive EQ and delay
A highly prominent feature of the JBL 708P monitor is its ability to deliver superior neutrality in any room. However, the monitor also includes onboard room equalisation to absolve any conflicting sounds caused by room acoustics so you can experience the most accurate reproduction in every environment.
The monitor has twelve bands of Room EQ, eight bands of User EQ for customised response curves and compensates for any dip in quality when placed behind a perforated cinema screen. The user-enabled digital delay grants the ability to virtually align the speaker listening positions, whilst the AV Synchronisation delay offers compensation for latency in video displays.
Sleek, compact design
Matching the needs of the modern day control room, the 708P is specifically designed to reduce physical interference and interference with video displays and sight lines but with the same levels of output likened to larger speakers. With reinforced bottom and rear mounting points, the studio monitor is ideal for wall and ceiling mounting in both vertical or horizontal positions.
Analogue and digital inputs
The JBL 708P features analog and digital inputs along with sample rate converters. The AES/EBU digital inputs provides users with the option to connect to a wide variety of hardware, including digital audio workstations, mixing consoles and digital playback hardware with sample rates of up to 192kHz. Digital signals with uncommon sample rates are also available to connect via the internal sample rate converters.
Featuring an integrated amplification and digital signal processing room EQ, the JBL 708P allows for varying combinations with different products. Users can match the monitor with the JBL 7 series and JBL M2 master reference monitors to create multi-channel systems in any sized room. The smaller enclosures and mounting abilities offer unobstructed sight lines and flexibility in its installation.
- Next-generation JBL driver technology
- Patent-pending JBL image control Waveguide
- Integrated dual amplification system with internal floating-point DSP
- Comprehensible room EQ & delay controls
- Compact enclosures & mounting hardware
- Integrated amplification & DSP for room EQ
- Multi-channel combinations with JBL 7 Series & JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors
- JBL 728G low-frequency transducer with patented Differential Drive allows extended low frequency with low distortion & high sound pressure level
- JBL 2409H high-frequency transducer with low-mass annular diaphragm
- 12 bands of Room EQ, 8 bands of User EQ
- 6 factory presets, 6 user-defined presets
- 18 milliseconds of Room Delay, 150 milliseconds of AV Sync Delay
- 1 x XLR-1/4" balanced combination analog audio input
- 1 x XLR AES3 format digital input with 1 x XLR pass-through output
- Digital input will accept sample rates of up to 192kHz
- User enabled sample rate converters
- RJ-45 network connection for Harman HiQnet connectivity
- Rear-panel multi-function controls & LCD display allow selection of input sensitivity, input trim, Room EQ, User EQ, Room Delay, AV Sync Delay
- Integrated handles
- Top & bottom mounting points; birch plywood cabinets reinforced for safe mounting & protective steel grilles
- Frequency Response: 1-5 dB @ 45Hz - 23kHz
- Frequency Range: 35Hz - 36kHz
- Max SPL: (80Hz - 20kHz) > 108 dB SPL / 1m
- Maximum Peak SPL: (80Hz - 20kHz) > 114 dB SPL / 1m
- HF Driver: 2409H
- LF Driver: 728G
- Dividing Network Transition Frequency: 1.7kHz
- Input Type
- 1 x XLR-1/4" Balanced Combination Analog Audio Input
- 1 x XLR AES3 Format Digital Input With 1 x XLR Pass-Through Output
- Digital Input Will Accept Sample Rates Up To 192kHz
- Height: 438 mm
- Width: 248 mm
- Depth: 292 mm
- Weight: 11.5 kg
- Enclosure: Birch Plywood Reinforced For Mounting
- Mounting: Top, Bottom & Rear Mounting Points, 4-Hole Mounting Pattern