View Full Description
Exceptional sonic performance
When it comes to detail, there's nothing quite like the organic realism of a large diaphragm condenser. And the AT4047MP is no exception. Boasting a high-performance design with a transformer-coupled output and a specially-tuned element to faithfully re-create the revered sonic characteristics of early F.E.T studio microphone designs.
With its low self-noise, the AT4047MP ensures that your signal remains crystal-clear and free from internal noise and interference. Plus, thanks to a wide dynamic range and high SPL handling, your microphone is capable of handling a wide variety of sound sources with ease. With the switchable 10dB pad engaged, the AT4047MP can handle a maximum SPL of 165dB. To put it into perspective, that's louder than the ear-drum rupturing sound of a jet taking off from just 25-metres away.
But that's not all. This high-performance condenser boasts a dual-diaphragm capsule, ensuring that your sound remains precise and defined across the full frequency range of the mic no matter what polar pattern you have selected. And with an open acoustical environment in the AT4047MP's symmetrical housing, unwanted internal reflections are kept to an absolute minimum. With each of the mic's innovative features combined, the AT4047MP has been built to meet the most critical demands for recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement applications.
Whether you're in the studio or on the stage, every day is rarely the same. And it's not always practical to keep a vast collection of microphones to handle different situations. That's why Audio Technica have built the AT4047MP to give you an adaptable solution to take on anything the world can throw at you.
Choose between three independent polar patterns at the flick of a switch. When you want to capture sounds coming from all directions, the omnidirectional polar pattern lets you capture them with clarity. It's perfect for picking up several different voices or instruments without having to individually mic each sound source or group. It's also perfect for capturing the ambient essence of your environment, and also for preventing the proximity effect when close-miking certain sources.
If you need more isolation, simply set the switch to the cardioid setting. This gives you more control over the AT4047MP's directivity, resulting in much higher sensitivity to sounds directly in front of the mic's element, whilst reducing the pickup of unwanted sounds to the side and rear. It's also the perfect choice for controlling feedback in a variety of situations, and providing excellent isolation between performers.
And finally, the figure-of-eight pattern. This lets you capture sound from both the front and rear of your mic simultaneously, whilst offering excellent rejection of sound from the sides. It's an excellent choice for using with advanced stereo miking techniques, as well as adding extra character to close-miked sound sources.
And it doesn't stop there. On top of switchable polar patterns, the AT4047MP also provides you with a switchable 10dB pad for handling louder sound sources, and a handy integral switchable high-pass filter. The HPF switch can be set to flat (HPF disabled), or you can engage it to roll off frequencies below 80Hz (with a 12dB/octave slope), allowing you to eliminate unwanted low-frequency rumble, structure-borne noise, and to compensate for the proximity effect when close-miking. It's ideal for reducing the sensitivity to popping with close vocal use, room reverberation, and more.
In the box
- Audio Technica AT4047MP Condenser Microphone
- AT8449a/SV Shock Mount for 5/8''-27 Threaded Stands
- Microphone Dust Cover
- R1-Style Protective Carry Case
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement
- Three switchable polar patterns - omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Transformer-coupled output and specially-tuned element provide sonic characteristics reminiscent of early F.E.T studio mic designs
- Exceptionally-low self-noise, wide dynamic range, and high SPL capability
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Vintage silver-matte finish on both the microphone and shock mount
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Integral 80Hz high-pass filter switch and 10dB pad switch
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Element: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar Patterns:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 18kHz
- LF Roll-Off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -42dB (7.9mV), re 1V at 1Pa
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level:
- 115dB SPL, 1kHz at 1-percent THD
- 165dB SPL with 10dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 14dB
- Dynamic Range: 141dB, 1kHz at max. SPL (typical)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80dB, 1kHz at 1Pa
- Polar Pattern selection
- 10dB pad (nominal)
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLR, male
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 3.4mA typical
- Length: 188mm / 7.4''
- Maximum Body Diameter: 53.4mm / 2.10''
- Weight: 524g / 18.5oz.
- Product Code: AT4047MP