View Full Description
Versatile Cardioid Polar Pattern
Cardioid polar patterns are perfect for a huge range of applications - with more sensitivity at the front of the microphone and significantly less at the sides and rear, a cardioid pattern reduces the capture of ambient noise and unwanted sound sources. This powerful pattern is ideal for live performances and studio recording, be it spoken-word, vocals, instrumentation and more. The narrow angle of sensitivity minimizes bleed from other sources, capturing only what you want to be heard.
Internal Headphone Amp and Mix Control
Few microphones in this competitive price bracket can boast such a powerful range of features that the AT2020USB+ can - an internal headphone amplifier with a 3.5mm stereo output allows you to take full advantage of zero-latency monitoring to find the perfect sound. The headphone socket's output level can be accurately adjusted using the dedicated volume control, whilst a unique mix control gives you the ability to blend the microphone signal with pre-recorded audio. These unique features provide you with unparalleled control, letting you get the best out of your recordings.
Adaptable To Any Situation
The AT2020USB+'s critically-acclaimed, award-winning sound is ideal for almost any application. A high-quality A/D converter with a 16-bit 44.1/48kHz sampling rate helps to deliver unparalleled audio quality through the microphone's USB output. Additionally, the AT2020USB+ boasts Audio Technica's phenomenal build quality, allowing you to take full advantage of its performance in a broad variety of environments. High-performance audio combined with a rugged and reliable sound makes the AT2020USB+ the perfect candidate for broadcasting, streaming, field-recording, voice-overs, home-recording and more. This powerful microphone doesn't place limits on your creativity...
Quick, Easy, and Precise Positioning
The Audio Technica AT2020USB+ comes complete with the unique AT8466 pivoting threaded stand mount. This innovative design enables you to achieve the perfect position in the acoustic sweet spot of your environment. The mount attaches securely to your stand with its 5⁄8''-27 threading, whilst the included adapter also allows you to utilise stands with a 3⁄8''-16 thread. When you're done recording, you can simply pop the microphone and mount into the included soft protective pouch for hassle-free transportation and storage.
"The AT2020 is among the most highly regarded condenser mics in its class. The idea that a USB output must equate to lower audio quality is surely outdated because both versions of the AT2020 are pretty much identical in both looks and sound" - MusicTech AT2020USB+ Review.
"The main advantage is it has a headphone output, which allows monitoring with zero-latency. This is an invaluable feature for anyone using multi-track recording" - Microphone Geeks AT2020USB+ Review.
"This mic can still pick out transient detail while staying warm and smooth, exhibiting minimal distortion or unnecessary noise. Its headphone output is very clean and loud, and the ability to balance the mic and computer return signals is ideal if latency is normally a problem on your system" - Sound on Sound AT2020USB+ Review.
"Those with a need for direct-to-editor audio recording will be very happy with this mic. While there are cheaper USB mics available, the quality of the AT2020USB+ cardioid condenser mic is unquestionable and, after all, it's an Audio-Technica" - Videomaker AT2020USB+ Review.
"Overall a capable and useful microphone for the majority of applications. This USB version of Audio Technica’s entry level studio condenser (the AT2020) offers a compact and simple solution to good quality recording without the need for extensive, expensive and bulky traditional studio setup" - Pro Audio Centre Blog AT2020USB+ Review.
What's In The Box
- Audio Technica AT2020USB+ USB Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- AT8466 Stand mount for 5⁄8''-27 threaded stands
- 5⁄8''-27 to 3⁄8''-16 threaded adapter
- Tripod desk stand
- 3.1 metre USB cable
- Soft protective pouch
- High-quality A/D converter with 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz sampling rate delivers phenomenal audio quality
- Built-in 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Monitor the microphone signal with no latency
- Unique Mix Control enables you to blend your microphone signal with pre-recorded audio
- High-output internal headphone amplifier ensures superior clarity and musical detail as well as improved volume
- Smooth extended frequency response
- Perfect for podcasting, home-studio recording, field-recording, voice-over use and more
- Includes a tripod desk stand with folding legs for secure and easily-portable tabletop use
- Microphone Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Power Requirements: USB power (5V DC)
- Bit Depth: 16-bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1/48kHz
- Built-In Controls:
- Mix control
- Headphone volume control
- Headphone Output Power: 130mW (at 1kHz, 10 percent THD, 32 Ohm load)
- Headphone Jack: 3.5mm (1/8'') TRS (stereo)
- Output Connection: USB-type
- Length: 162mm / 6.38''
- Maximum Body Diameter: 52mm / 2.05''
- Weight: 386g