View Full Description
The distortion catalyst
Encompassing a wide array of different distortion tones, COLDFIRE boasts algorithms ranging from magnetic tape distortion, analog wavefolds and much more. Divided into analog-modelled using Arturia's celebrated TAE technology and digital distortion algorithms, you have near unlimited creativity to experiment with.
The analog modes include Tape, Tube, Transistor, Transformer, Germanium and Force, where the digital algorithms include Rectifier, Bit-Crushed, Bit-inverter, Wavefold and Waveshaper. Inject a touch of tape-style saturation and degradation to your music, with a rich, organic lo-fi sound that's perfect for the low-end. Experience the warmth and depth of soft-clipping vacuum valves that are highly responsive to your input, and rich in harmonics. Give your guitars a unique punchy bite and edgy character reminiscent of classic echo box preamps. Indulge in magnetic hysteresis with nuanced distortion, in two distinct options: nickel for gentle processing, and iron for added low-mid emphasis. Get ready for a red-hot, screaming tone made famous by Germanium diode amps, distortion pedals, and fuzz boxes. Rev up your mix bus with four classic modes of operation ranging from analog saturation to roaring overdrive - based on classic studio outboard gear, and hear your music like never before!
Revolutionize your sound with a range of innovative techniques that will make your music stand out. Immerse yourself in the unique harmonic overtones and distinctively "zapped" character produced through the reshaping of a waveform's negative phase. Get experimental with edgy harmonics and glassy digital noise, created by reducing the sample and bitrate of a sound - giving anything an unmistakable harsh and robotic feel. Introduce crisp digital distortion and unpredictable artifacts by modulating a signal's bit content in real-time. Rediscover your sound by distorting the shape of your signal's waveform and experiencing unique overtones and harmonic alterations beyond recognition with seven shapes. Explore an array of possibilities with an incredibly flexible mode that offers 11 subtypes of operation, ranging from shattered-signal fuzz to surprisingly resonant asymmetrical drive. With a range of options at your disposal, let your creativity soar and bring new life to your music!
Intuitive and powerful
Simple or complex, you decide with Dist COLDFIRE. In just a few clicks, you can navigate everything from subtle distortion and harmonic enhancement to full-blown chaos and movemet in your sound. Designed to ensure that any sound you can imagine is only a few clicks away, the supercharged workflow design of COLDFIRE strikes the perfect balance between creativity and immersion.
Explore its accessible interface and flexible features, and savor whatever degree of destruction you’re looking for. On the other hand, if you’re looking to take your destructive sound design deeper, its advanced panel offers heaps of extra functionality and room for experimentation.
Essential shaping modules
Unleash hidden sonic possibilities with Dist COLDFIRE's incredibly powerful dynamics module. Configure the pre and post distortion settings to add impact to your sound with a built-in limiter, compressor and multi-band compressor. For added creativity, explore the Feedback control - use it to generate sprawling distorted reflections, lend drums a string-like resonance or even add glitchy effects. You can easily sync up the tempo with quantizing and pitch functions or just let it roam freely. Embrace your wildest distortion dreams with Dist COLDFIRE!
More than just distortion
Although firmly in the world of distortion, Arturia have gone above and beyond and included advanced modulation possibilities inside COLDFIRE. Perfectly capable of creating resonant metallic melodies, adding movement to distortion for evolving, dancing sound design which moves with your tune, COLDFIRE employs six custom modulation slots. Multi-stage function generators, custom-envelope follower, 16-step sequencer or tempo-syncable LFO are all included to take your sound design to the next level.
Powered by technology
Using proprietary modelling algorithms, Dist COLDFIRE can accurately mimic the response and characteristics of analog oscillators, filters and distortion to produce astonishingly realistic and authentic sounds. Unmatched in analog emulation, the result is truly a next-level sound that is virtually identical to real-world analog hardware to add immersion and texture to your productions.
"Dist-COLDFIRE is a creative saturation tool, it has been inspiring me to make new rhythmic elements in my production and sounds incredible." - Y3LLO KOALA
"I love COLDFIRE. So many times distortion in the digital world sounds one-dimensional but this sounds like real life. COLDFIRE brings great tweakability and unique modulation options to a palette of distortion effects that can range from warm and subtle to absolutely apocalyptic." - Billy Bush (Producer / Engineer)
"Dist-COLDFIRE is one of the most powerful distortion plug-ins ever! From subtle to absolutely extreme, there are so many ways to manipulate the sound and turn it into something completely unique." - Romesh Dodangoda (Producer / Mixer - Motorhead, Bring Me The Horizon, Funeral For A Friend, Twin Atlantic)
- Creative twin distortion powerhouse
- Features 11 distortion algorithms to choose from, each with specifically tuned controls, divided between analog-modelled and digital distortions
- Analog models include: tape, tube, transistor, transformer, germanium and force
- Digital models include: rectifier, bit-crusher, bit-inverter, wavefolder and waveshaper
- Advanced Panel offers in-depth controls over modulation for enhanced sound design possibilities
- Choose between five routing options including serial, parallel, stereo, mid/side and band-split
- Blend seamlessly between both distortion algorithms to dial in the perfect level of each
- Innovative real-time visualizer provides feedback over your distortion
- Three dynamic modules to choose between, routable either pre or post-distortion, include compressor, multi-band compressor
- Creative filtered delay Feedback module includes tempo-sync, quantize and pitch sync or free-roam mode
- Pre-distortion filter with six modes including Comb Filtering
- High and low-pass two-band post-distortion filters per engine
- Six assignable modulation slots, each with four modes: LFO, Function, Follower, 16-Step Sequencer
- Over 150 presets built-in let you dive into creative distortion sound design
- Audition two settings simultaneously with A/B comparison
- Internal oversampling
- Compatible across all major DAWs on both Windows and Mac
- Download, manage and organize your plug-in and updates in Arturia Software Center
- Fully scalable GUI fits any screen size for optimized workflow
- MIDI compatible offers real-time control with your favourite keyboard or controller
- Step-by-step in-app tutorials, showing you crucial parameters and tips inside each plug-in
- Powerful preset browser lets you filter, organise and save your favourite presets to recall in any future sessions
- Operating system:
- Mac: Mac OS 10.13+
- Windows: Win 10+ (64bit)
- Mac: VST, AAX, Audio Unit, NKS (64-bit DAWs only)
- Windows: VST, AAX, NKS (64-bit DAWs only)
- RAM: 4GB
- Processor: 4 cores CPU, 3.4 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo-boost) or M1 CPU
- Disk space: 1GB
- GPU: OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- Product code: 1200-111