View Full Description
Studio Grade Preamps
The preamp is the starting point when it comes to mixers and they are the most vital components for determining the quality of your mix. The mixers within the Yamaha MG series all feature a studio-grade class-A D-PRE preamp to deliver more power at a lower impedance. This premium preamp possesses an extremely wide frequency range and delivers a sound full of fat bass tones and incredibly smooth highs with little to no distortion. This pure platform allows you to get straight into the performance without needing to spend wasted time trying to 'fix' your mix.
Integrated Digital Effects
Featuring Yamaha's outstanding SPX effects processor, users are given up to 24 editable digital effects to enhance their sound with. The built-in effects may provide additional depth to an overall sound or give a boost to a live band performance. With incredible reverb and delay effects, the mixer delivers a natural sound full of clarity.
Custom Made MG01 Op-Amp
The sound quality is derived from the head amp, and one of the most important sections of the head amp is the op-amp. The Yamaha MG series mixers all have custom made MG01 amplifiers that focus on sound quality first and foremost. This integrated circuit is redesigned for optimal resolution.
Switchable Phantom Power & PAD Switch
The mixing consoles within the MG series gives users outstanding control over the improved frequency response and sound quality of condenser microphones. The input channel with PAD switch allows MIC to line level of inputs and attenuates high input signals. Therefore, the mixer can avoid issues with clipping that can be so prevalent in affecting a mix.
Professionally Tailored Sound
Overall, the MG series of mixers gives you the tools to succeed in creating high quality sound that features your own unique touch. With 1-knob compressors, users can alter the dynamics of an audio signal. This is incredibly useful when wanting to add more life to a guitar tone, heavier bass lines, tight snare sounds and crisper vocal performances. The intuitive Yamaha knob design ensures simple access for optimised compression settings.
USB Audio Interface
The XU models within the MG series feature digital connectivity for a quick and simple setup for high resolution playback. The mixer may be connected to your PC via USB and even to your iPhone or iPad (2 or later). The USB connection works with 24-bit/192kHz audio quality for superior playback.
Cubase AI Bundle
Included with the MG10XU is a downloadable version of the Cubase AI software to offer users an outstanding music production experience straight out of the box. The advanced, DAW options allow for ultimate control over your sound and it is this quality that has garnered Cubase critical acclaim.
Total Tonal Control
To add the little details to your overall mix, the MG10XU includes 3-band equalisers on all mono channels to give you complete control. Along with a reliable high-pass filter, the analog mixer eliminates unwanted low-frequency noise for an astonishingly clean mix.
Wide Variety Of Connector
Every model in the MG series feature balanced XLR connectors on mono microphone, line channels and XLR equipped stereo channels. These mono inputs accept both mic and line level signals. Two stereo inputs have XLR and two phone connectors, accepting line level signals suitable for mono or stereo. The MG10XU model features an additional stereo channel with a pair of jack sockets for LINE levels.
Mixing consoles experience harsh environmental conditions such as excessive temperatures, humidity, unstable power supplies and the testing conditions of travel in general. This is why the MG series mixers have been built to last and withstand the trials and tribulations of a variety of testing situations. The console features an incredibly robust, powder-coated metal chassis that is designed for convection cooling as well as reducing operational noise. The circuit board and each component underneath is thoroughly protected with controlled placement of the chassis to ensure that no impact passes through the casing.
Included In The Box
- 1 x Yamaha MG10XU Analog Mixer
- 1 x AC Adapter
- 1 x Cubase AI Download Information
- 1 x Owner's Manual
- 1 x Technical Specifications Sheet
- Discrete Class-A mic preamps
- High quality sound op-amp
- Switchable phantom power & PAD switch
- 1-knob compressors
- AUX input
- EQ & high-pass filters
- Variety of input & output connectors
- LED level metering
- Built-in SPX digital effects
- Metal chassis
- Includes Cubase AI downloadable software
- On-Board Processors: SPX Algorithm: 24 Programs
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Digital I/O: USB Audio Class 2.0 Compliant, Sampling Frequency: Max 192 kHz, Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- Input Channels
- Mono (Mic/Line): 4
- Stereo (Line): 3
- Output Channels
- Stereo Out: 2
- Monitor Out: 1
- Phones: 1
- AUX Send: 1
- Bus: Stereo: 1, AUF[FX]: 1
- Input Channel Function
- PAD: 26 dB (Mono)
- HPF: 80Hz, 12dB/oct (Mono)
- 1-Knob Compressor Threshold: +22dBu to -8dBu
- Ratio: 1:1 to 4:1
- Output Level: 0 dB to 7 dB
- Attack Time: Approx 25 msec
- Release Time: Approx 300 msec
- EQ High: (Mono) Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 10kHz Shelving
- EQ Mid: Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 2.5kHz Peaking
- EQ Low: (Mono) Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 100Hz Shelving
- Peak LED: LED Turns On When Post EQ Signal Reaches 3dB Below Clipping
- Level Metre: 2 x 7 -Segment LED Metre (Peak, +10, +6, 0, -6, -10, -20dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02% @ +14dBu, Gain Knob: Min, 0.003 @ +24dBu, Gain Knob: Min
- Frequency Response: +0.5dB/-1.0dB, Refer To Nominal Output Level
- Hum & Noise Level
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128 dBu (Mono Input Channel, Rs: 150Ω, Gain Knob: Max)
- Residual Output Noise: -102 dBu (Stereo Out, Stereo Level Knob: Min)
- Crosstalk: -83 dB
- Power Requirements: PA-10 (AC 38 VCT, 0.62A, Cable Length = 3.6m)
- Power Consumption: 22.9W
- Height: 71 mm
- Width: 244 mm
- Depth: 294 mm
- Net Weight: 2.1 kg
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +40°