View Full Description
Unlike most typical crossovers, the development of Yamaha's FIR-X tuning system means that the frequency response of your loudspeaker stays as even, clear, and fresh as it does throughout the rest of the frequency spectrum at the crossover frequency. Dynamically adjusting phase and time alignment prevents phase smear distortion from ruining your mix, or your performance.
Yamaha's new FIR-X system provides clarity and better imaging throughout crossover areas, however, this isn't the only DSP in the series. The D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multi-band compressor that works to provide the flattest achievable frequency response - so your mix, or your performance - sounds as clear and lively as it should. D-CONTOUR constantly monitors the output of multiple frequency bands and adjusts them accordingly, to provide detailed tuning. With two modes, FOH/MAIN - which boosts low-frequencies to compensate for the loss of bass that happens whilst suspending or placing your speakers on stands, for clear, articulated bass. MONITOR mode is built for monitoring, taming low-frequency content to give crystal clear monitoring for engineers and performers alike.
FIR-X and D-CONTOUR are not the only advanced DSP used in this series, however. Yamaha have also carried out precision tests on current and legacy loudspeakers to optimise the performance of every transducer and power amplifier in the circuit, meticulously measuring the limits of each component, and setting DSP control to these limits. This assures safe, reliable, and powerful operation under even the most challenging conditions, with every part of the speaker built to last, and protected from overloading, the DHR-series have dependability like no other.
Effiency in Amplification
The DHR-series' high efficiency Class-D amplifiers are capable and powerful, managing to produce a 1000 W power output and a maximum SPL of 131 dB. With this kind of power, you can be sure everything will be heard throughout any venue.
As with all DHR-Series speakers, the DHR15 also contains an intuitive 2-channel mixer on the back, featuring two combo jacks, and a pair of RCA inputs for connectivity with CD players and other stereo line-level sources, while still keeping Channel 1 free for other inputs. It also contains a switchable selection that lets you choose to mix the signal of Channels 1 and 2, or to just accept Channel 1.
Specific to the DHR15, this speaker also has four rigging points built for standard eye bolts, meaning that the DHR15 can be flown in your venue to give better dispersion. Not only that, but the DHR15 also provides a dual-angle pole mount socket, to focus the signal towards the crowd, and avoiding low ceilings or reflective surfaces.
- Dual-angle pole mount socket for tilted mounting, allowing the sound to focus towards the audience
- D-CONTOUR dynamic multiband compression with two modes for optimal EQ
- High-efficiency Class-D amplifiers and DSP for consistently maximised output at all times without risking components breaking
- Onboard two-channel mixer for flexibility and compatibility with stereo line level sources
- Speaker Type: 2-way, Bi-amped Powered Speaker, Bass-reflex
- Frequency Response: 44 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage Area: H90° x V60°
- Crossover: 1.8 kHz: FIR-X tuning (linear phase FIR filter)
- Maximum Output Level: 131 dB SPL
- LF Transducer Components:
- Diameter: 15" cone
- Voice Coil: 2.5"
- Magnet: Ferrite
- HF Transducer Components:
- Diaphragm: 1.4"
- Type: 1" throat compression driver
- Magnet: Ferrite
- Amplifier Class: Class-D
- Power Rating:
- Dynamic: 1000 W (LF: 800 W, HF: 200 W)*
- Continuous: 465 W (LF: 400 W, HF: 65 W)
- Cooling: Fan cooling, 4 speeds
- Power Consumption: 74 W (1/8power), 18 W (Idle)
- Power Requirements: 100 V, 100-120 V, 220-240 V, 110/127/220 V (Brazil), 50/60 Hz
- Bit-Depth: 24-bit
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Processors: HPF: OFF, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 24 dB/Oct.; D-CONTOUR: FOH/MAIN, MONITOR, OFF
- Input Connectors:
- 2 x Combo Jack
- 2 x RCA Pin (Unbalanced)
- Output Connectors:
- 1 x CLR3-32 (CH1 Parallel Through or CH1+CH2 Mix)
- Cabinet Material: Plywood
- Finish: Durable Polyurea Painting, Black
- Handles: Side x 2
- Pole Socket: Φ35 mm x 2 (Bottom, 0° or -7°)
- Rigging: Top x 2, Rear x 1 (Fit for M10 x 30 - 50 mm Eyebolts)
- Width: 432 mm (17.0")
- Height: 692 mm (27.2") (with rubber feet)
- Depth: 405 mm (15.9")
- Weight: 24.0 kg (52.9 lbs)
*Total peak power of individual outputs (AC 120V, 25°C). This value was measured at minimum load impedance, with protection released.