View Full Description
So how do I get set up?
It only takes a few seconds.
Plug the mic output (found on the back of the receiver) into a channel on your mixing desk. Just like a normal wired mic.
Now turn on the transmitter and receiver. The receiver will automatically search for the best open frequency. Once located, the transmitter automatically matches to that same frequency. Finally, use the gain buttons on the receiver to set the level of the mic. And that’s it! No trial and error. You can now perform with wireless freedom.
Anywhere. License free. Because your Shure GLXD24/B87A Wireless System operates in the 2.4GHz frequency band, it's ready to go. Straight out the box.
No more interference
You don’t need to worry about nearby Wi-fi and Bluetooth devices disrupting your signal. LINKFREQ frequency management intelligently responds to your environment, to give you crystal clear, unbroken sound.
It works by continuously scanning the available frequency spectrum, and automatically selects the best open channel. When troublesome Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals start to interfere, the receiver will seamlessly change to a new clear frequency. This is complimented by true diversity operation, which compares and selects the strongest signal from the receiver's two antennae. It's all so smart and seamless, you can’t even hear it happen. All you hear is pristine, full bandwidth digital audio.
With technology this agile and adaptive, you're able to run up to eight GLX-D systems at once. So you can expand your wireless set up whenever you need to.
Rechargeable lithium ion battery
AA batteries can be costly and inconvenient. You’re never sure how long they have left, so you swap them prematurely. Or worse, they die mid performance.
That's why GLX-D transmitters use a rechargeable lithium ion battery. And the high-resolution screen shows you exactly how much charge you have left, in hours and minutes. For total peace of mind when your performing.
To recharge, simply insert the battery into the port on the front of the receiver. Or leave it inside the transmitter and connect the USB cable. You can even charge a spare battery whilst performing.
You'll get a generous 16 hours of continuous use from a full battery. Or in emergencies, a 15 minute quick-charge will give you an indispensable hour and a half of run time.
Beta 87A Microphone Transmitter
When ordinary isn't enough, and you need something special. There's the Beta 87A. Painstakingly crafted to bring a touch of studio magic on stage.
Fused with smart wireless technology, it automatically links with your GLX-D receiver for seamless frequency matching. And it faithfully performs up to 30 meters (100 feet) away.
When you move around the stage, the GLXD2/87A focuses on you. The supercardioid polar pattern offers superior noise rejection, keeping onstage feedback to a minimum. And unlike ordinary handheld mics, the 87A responds to every single frequency, right up to 20kHz (the peak of human hearing). Preserving that crisp, top end detail. There’s a gentle boost around 9kHz too, so you’ll sound far more open and natural than before. Combined with a little bump at 5kHz, your voice will sit distinctly in the mix. There’s no need to strain your voice.
Despite housing some impressive technology, the GLXD2/B87A is lightweight and durable too. And the safely recessed on/off switch stays out the way. Everything is in place, so you can perform at your best.
"Designed to deliver studio quality sound in live performances, the Beta 87 makes a fantastic choice for singers who crave pristine clarity and sparkling high end in their vocals." MusicPlayers.com
"A truly awesome live condenser microphone. Vocals come across naturally and are strong enough to cut through the mix, all while retaining that condenser vibe we love so much." Guitarfella.com
Included In The Box
- 1 x GLXD2/B87A Digital Handheld Transmitter
- 1 x GLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver
- 1 x Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- 1 x Power Supply
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x Microphone Clip
- 1 x Thread Adapter
- 1 x Carrying Case
GLX2/B87A Wireless Handheld Microphone Transmitter
- 20m - 30m operating range
- 16 hours of use from fully charged lithium-ion battery
- 15 minute quick charge provides 1.5 hours of use
- Safely recessed on/off button avoids accidental switching
- Automatically links with GLX-D receiver for quick, easy setup
- Micro USB port for directly charging battery when inside transmitter
- Beta 87A capsule achieves the same pristine sound as wired microphone
- Integrated shock mount and pop filter for clear and clean sound
- Supercardioid polar pattern for superior noise rejection
- Legendary tour-tough construction and reliability
- Supplied with break-resistant mic stand adapter
GLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver
- Worldwide license-free operation in digital 2.4GHz frequency band
- Allows up to 8 other GLX systems to run at the same time
- LINKFREQ quickly finds the best open channel for your performance
- Automatic, seamless frequency switching for uninterrupted signal
- Integrated battery charging port for the transmitter battery
- Accurate battery life displayed in hours and minutes
- Pristine 24 bit quality and 120dB dynamic range
- Full bandwidth 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- Gain control for adjusting transmitter level
- Fixed, robust antennas on front
- Hi-resolution LCD screen
- XLR and 1/4'' output connectors
Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- 2 charging options - insert into the receiver or via transmitter's USB connection
- 3 hour charge = 16 hours use
- 1 hour charge = 6 hours use
- 30 minute charge = 3 hours use
- 15 minute charge = 1.5 hours use
GLXD24/B87A Digital System
- Set Type: Vocal
- Amount Of Handhelds: 1
- Number Of Compatible Systems Per Frequency Band: 8
- Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Receiver Type: Single Channel
- Scan Functions: Channel Scan and Group Scan
- Sync Functions: Pairing
- Phantom Power Protection: Yes
- Included Antenna: External 1/2 Wave
- Battery Status: Leveled Battery Life Indication (HH:MM)
- RF Sensitivity: -88dBm for 12dB SINAD, Typical
- Spurious Rejection: 35dB, Typical
- Antenna Input Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Tuning Range: 2400MHz
- Display: Multi-Function LCD
- Remote Control: Yes
- Receiver Housing: Moulded ABS
- Power Supply: External
- Weight: 286g
- Dimensions: 40mm x 183mm x 117mm (H x W x D)
GLXD2/B87A Handheld Transmitter
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -54.50dBV/Pa - 1.85mV/Pa
- Weight: 264g
- Dimensions: 252mm x 51mm x 51mm (H x W x D)