View Full Description
Your sound is special. You don't want it to go to waste. You want something that will retain every nuance and dynamic detail. Something that will give your sound the platform it deserves. That's why the Mackie 802-VLZ4 is fitted with Onyx preamps. Boutique quality, sonically divine, and distinctively natural. These are serious preamps that give you the results you're looking for.
With an ultra-wide gain range of 60dB, a huge 128.5dB dynamic range, and an extended frequency response, these versatile preamps give you everything you need to capture true high-fidelity audio. What's more, these preamps boast an ultra-low distortion percentage of just 0.0007-percent throughout their entire 20Hz to 50kHz frequency range. So you can enjoy crisp, clean sound that stays true to your sources.
Mix it up
Whether you're performing, engineering, or recording, there's one thing that helps you go further. Flexibility. And with Mackie's VLZ4 mixers, it's not a focus word to make them sound more appealing. It's their foundation. The fundamental reason they were created. Because with a VLZ4 mixer by your side, you'll be ready for anything.
So break free from limitations. Let the VLZ4's powerful feature set take you where you want to go, and experience the freedom of creativity.
Intuitive controls make operating your mixer a breeze. Everything is laid out and labelled in a way that actually makes sense, whilst vibrant and memorable colour coding means you don't need to break out the binoculars to make adjustments anymore.
Take advantage of phantom power for connecting condenser microphones, selectable instrument inputs that remove the need for a DI box, and eight high-headroom line inputs for connecting other line-level sources. When you're all hooked up, you can use the switchable 18dB/oct 100Hz low-cut filters on your mic channels to remove any unwanted LF interference or to compensate for the proximity effect. Plus, you can shape your sound with precision thanks to the 3-band EQ on each channel. And when it comes to keeping an eye on everything, 12-segment stereo meters let you view your signals quickly and easily.
But there's more. The 802-VLZ4 gives you Aux Send, Level, Pan, and PFL solo controls for each channel. You can also take advantage of stereo return connections for hooking up external FX processors or other stereo sources. Plus, there's an ALT 3/4 stereo bus for additional routing, as well as a control room/headphones source matrix for even more flexibility.
In it for the long haul
If you know Mackie, you probably know that they are incredibly proud of their 'Built-Like-A-Tank' approach to construction. Their products are living proof that eternal life is a possibility. Because when you buy a Mackie product, you're not just buying a new piece of equipment. You're investing in your future.
And that's exactly why Mackie builds their VLZ4 mixers to last. A rugged steel chassis with a durable powder-coated finish is built to withstand the rigours of the road, whilst sealed rotary controls fight off the enemy that is dust and grime. Enjoy the good times for a long time, because Mackie will be by your side throughout it all.
- 8-channel mixer featuring Mackie's signature high-headroom, low-noise design
- Three boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
- Ultra-wide 60dB gain range
- 128.5dB dynamic range
- +22dBu line input handling
- Extended frequency response
- Distortion of less than 0.0007-percent (20Hz - 50kHz)
- Improved RF rejection ideal for broadcast applications
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Eight high-headroom line inputs
- Selectable instrument inputs on the first two channels - no DI box needed
- 3-band EQ for sculpting your sound
- 18dB/oct 100Hz low-cut filter on mic input channels
- Aux send, level, pan, and PFL solo on each channel
- Stereo return for connecting an FX processor or other stereo source
- ALT 3/4 stereo bus for added routing flexibility
- Control room/phones source mix
- High-resolution 12-segment stereo meters
- Sealed rotary controls resist dust and grime
- High-visibility, high-contrast controls for convenient at-a-glance visual feedback
- Signature Mackie 'Built-Like-A-Tank' rugged steel chassis with powder-coat finish
- THD: Less than 0.001-percent, 20Hz-20kHz bandwidth, 1kHz at 35dB gain (mic pre at insert)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 50kHz (+0, -1dB) / Less than 10Hz to more than 100kHz (+0, -3dB)
- EIN: -128.5dBu, 20Hz - 20kHz (150 Ohm termination) (mic input to insert send out, max gain)
- CMRR: Better than -70dB at 1kHz
- Maximum Levels:
- Mic In: +21dBu
- Tape In: +22dBu
- All Other Inputs: +22dBu
- Main Mix XLR Out: +28dBu
- All Other Outputs: +22dBu
- Mic In: 2.55 k Ohms
- Channel Insert Return: 5 k Ohms
- All Other Inputs: 17 k Ohms or greater
- Tape Out: 1 k Ohm
- Headphones Out: 60 Ohms
- All Other Outputs: 120 Ohms
- High EQ: +/-15dB at 12kHz, shelving
- Mid EQ: +/-15dB at 2.5kHz, peaking
- Low EQ: +/-15dB at 80Hz, shelving
- Dimensions: 279mm x 47mm x 227mm / 10.7'' x 1.8'' x 8.9'' (H x D x W)
- Weight: 2.5kg / 5.5lbs (with power supply)