View Full Description
Leave your rack at home
I mean, nobody is going to stop you from bringing it with you. But chances are, you're not going to need it. Because the Mackie 3204-VLZ4 gives you everything you need to create pro-grade mixes in one high-performance format.
Two of Mackie's patented Running Man FX Processors have been installed into this powerful mixer. And with these onboard, you have access to 24 effects including reverbs, choruses, and delays. None of the effects are useless and obscure 'gap-fillers' either. They've been programmed with outstanding attention to detail to ensure that each and every one has its place to create beautiful, naturally-coloured mixes.
You've even got functions that are often only available on rack units too. Tap delay lets you quickly and easily synchronise your delays to your needs with the tap of your finger. You can even choose where you send your processed signals. Route them directly to the main and monitor outputs from the effects section, or you can re-route them to the mixer's two stereo channels to send them through the EQ and aux section. With the latter, you can bring your effects into the mix with precision using the channel's 60mm fader.
That's not all
Because the 3204-VLZ4 has eight single-knob compressors built in to give you an intuitive solution for taming your signal's dynamics. Four of these compressors can be found on the last four mic inputs for addressing your most critical sound sources, and the other four are on each of the mixer's four subgroups. This means that you can blend your grouped signals together with beautiful results using that virtual glue that is compression.
Your sound is special. You don't want it to go to waste. You want something that will retain every nuance and dynamic detail. Something that will give your sound the platform it deserves. That's why the Mackie 3204-VLZ4 is fitted with Onyx preamps. Boutique quality, sonically divine, and distinctively natural. These are serious preamps that give you the results you're looking for.
With an ultra-wide gain range of 60dB, a huge 128.5dB dynamic range, and an extended frequency response, these versatile preamps give you everything you need to capture true high-fidelity audio. What's more, these preamps boast an ultra-low distortion percentage of just 0.0007-percent throughout their entire 20Hz to 50kHz frequency range. So you can enjoy crisp, clean sound that stays true to your sources.
Mix it up
Whether you're performing, engineering, or recording, there's one thing that helps you go further. Flexibility. And with Mackie's VLZ4 mixers, it's not a focus word to make them sound more appealing. It's their foundation. The fundamental reason they were created. Because with a VLZ4 mixer by your side, you'll be ready for anything.
So break free from limitations. Let the VLZ4's powerful feature set take you where you want to go, and experience the freedom of creativity.
Intuitive controls make operating your mixer a breeze. Everything is laid out and labelled in a way that actually makes sense, whilst vibrant and memorable colour coding means you don't need to break out the binoculars to make adjustments anymore.
Take advantage of phantom power for connecting condenser microphones, dedicated inline channel compression for critical inputs and subgroups, and 28 high-headroom line inputs with dedicated inserts. When you're all hooked up, you can use the switchable 18dB/oct 100Hz low-cut filters on your mic channels to remove any unwanted LF interference or to compensate for the proximity effect. Plus, you can shape your sound with precision thanks to the 3-band EQ on mono channels, and a 4-band EQ on stereo channels. And when it comes to keeping an eye on everything, 12-segment stereo meters let you view your signals quickly and easily.
But there's more. The 3204-VLZ4 gives you six Aux Sends with inserts, four subgroups, two stereo returns and four group outs with inserts, and PFL/AFL solo modes. You can also take advantage an integrated 4x2 24-bit USB interface for intelligently implementing your PC or Mac into your setup. You can stream subgroups of the master L/R to your device for intuitive recording, use for favourite plug-in live, and utilise a stereo return to the main outputs for music playback.
In it for the long haul
If you know Mackie, you probably know that they are incredibly proud of their 'Built-Like-A-Tank' approach to construction. Their products are living proof that eternal life is a possibility. Because when you buy a Mackie product, you're not just buying a new piece of equipment. You're investing in your future.
And that's exactly why Mackie builds their VLZ4 mixers to last. A rugged steel chassis with a durable powder-coated finish is built to withstand the rigours of the road, whilst sealed rotary controls fight off the enemy that is dust and grime. The 3204-VLZ4 also provides you with 60mm long-wearing log-taper faders for maximum reliability. Enjoy the good times for a long time, because Mackie will be by your side throughout it all.
- 32-channel, 4-bus mixer featuring Mackie's signature high-headroom, low-noise design
- 28 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
- Ultra-wide 60dB gain range
- 128.5dB dynamic range
- +22dBu line input handling
- Extended frequency response
- Distortion of less than 0.0007-percent (20Hz - 50kHz)
- Improved RF rejection ideal for broadcast applications
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Dedicated inline channel compression for critical inputs on channels 17 to 20
- 28 high-headroom line inputs with dedicated inserts
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid-range on mono channels
- 4-band EQ for sculpting your sound on stereo channels
- 18dB/oct 100Hz low-cut filter on mic input channels
- Level, pan, solo, and overload/mute LEDs on each channel
- Four subgroups with dedicated inline compressors for total dynamic control
- Six aux sends with inserts, pre/post fader and internal/external FX send options
- Two stereo returns and four group outs with inserts
- Dual 32-bit RMFX+™ processors with 24 gig-ready reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- Integrated 4x2 24-bit USB interface
- Stream subgroups or master L/R to your PC or Mac for recording
- Use your favourite plug-in live via auxes 5/6
- Convenient stereo return to mains for music playback or return to channel to implement EQ, auxes and more
- PFL/AFL solo modes
- 60mm long-wearing log-taper faders
- High-resolution 12-segment stereo meters
- Sealed rotary controls resist dust and grime
- High-visibility, high-contrast controls for convenient at-a-glance visual feedback
- Universal power supply allows for worldwide use
- Signature Mackie 'Built-Like-A-Tank' rugged steel chassis with powder-coat finish
To view the full technical specifications for the Mackie 3204-VLZ4, please click here.