View Full Description
Three months FREE Soundcloud Go+
That’s right, Denon are giving customers who purchase this controller access to SoundCloud GO+ for three months – absolutely free! Once registered and activated, you can access special features within SoundCloud including offline and ad-free listening. Using SoundCloud GO+ you can access your entire library of liked tracks and playlists, as well as access high-quality (256kpbs) playback options. Not only that, but any info included with your selected tracks (BPM, Key, Hot Cues etc.) is automatically saved to your source drive for instant recall at any time.
To claim your three months FREE access simply register your product via the official Denon DJ page and you’re ready to go!.
Engine DJ 2.0 Engine – the latest and greatest
The latest firmware update is here, bringing with it onboard lighting control for standalone devices, wireless Ableton Link connectivity and a whole host more! With every update, your Denon hardware evolves and with Engine DJ 2.0 you’re at the forefront of DJ technology. The OS 2.0 engine now includes Ableton Link connectivity for all Engine DJ OS compatible devices – available via WiFi or a wired connection. This makes Denon the world’s first manufacturer to incorporate Ableton Link into standalone DJ hardware.
Building on the success of SoundSwitch, Denon have created their own custom lighting control in the form of ‘Engine Lighting’. This new OS embedded lighting control is accessible directly from your hardware, eliminating the need for external controllers or connecting to a computer. You can connect to the onboard lighting control via DMX for DJs on the move or via the Phillips Hue System if you’re at home.
The new and improved database has been recoded from the ground up, providing a lightning-fast workflow, smaller database sizes and improved stability. The control for streaming services has also been expanded with Preview, Prepare, History and Playlist Deck parameters you can use to audition and navigate between songs in your online music library.
What's new in Engine DJ 2.2
Continually seeking to improve the user experience and functionality of your performances, Engine DJ 2.2 introduces a range of new features and fixes to the most powerful DJ software available. Introducing Active Loops, an intelligent way to save loops and automatically activate them when your playhead enters the loop region, allowing you to recall your favourite sections in an instant. As simple as pressing hold your left Parameter button and saving to a pad, it couldn't be easier to instantly recall your Active Loops. More accurate performing is enabled through the increased Jog Wheel sensitivity, with a reduced sensitivity level named 'Min'. Perfect for intricate performances, this can be saved as a default setting to your Engine DJ device for automatic loading along with Nudge sensitivity in your User Profile.
Now featuring a built-in metronome with three volume levels, you can map the beats of your songs with even more accuracy, with the metronome playing every time your playhead passes a beat marker. Improved light arrangements are possible through the ability to invert pan and tilt your moving head DMX light fixtures in the Engine Lightning section of your software. By no means the complete list, Engine 2.2 features several fixes to loading and operating times as well as small bugs in the system. A comprehensive breakdown of what's included in this free upgrade can be found on the Engine DJ website.
Four-channel DJ controller system
Building on the success of previous Prime models, the Prime 4 Standalone DJ System is the perfect choice for any professional DJ. This all-in-one DJ Controller includes everything you need to take your mixing to the next level. Improve your workflow and add flare to your transitions with the intuitive layout and ergonomic controls.
The 4-deck system eliminates the need for a laptop, giving you the ability to store and play your music collection directly from the Prime 4. It features an integrated 2.5-inch SATA drive bay for storing music onboard. This means you can take your music collection anywhere you go without the need for a computer.
At the heart of the Prime 4 are touch-capacitive jog wheels which are ultra-responsive allowing you to mix with confidence, ensuring your songs drop in when you want them to. At the centre of the jog wheels are HD central screens, providing information on performance and track artwork. It can also play a variety of audio formats including uncompressed files (FLAC, ALAC, WAV). There's also USB keyboard support for optimised track browsing.
10-inch HD multi-touch display
A high-definition display acts as the main hub for your DJ system allowing you to interact with your music collection and see information. The display is a touchscreen, allowing you to easily interact with your tracks, view waveforms and DJ parameters. The tactile multi-gesture control allows you to interact with your music collection easier than ever before.
Trigger pads, sweep FX and filtering
The DJ system also includes eight performance trigger pads as well as a sweep FX and filtering control. The trigger pads give you the ability to trigger one-shot samples, remix songs on the fly, beat juggle and even create hot cues. The possibilities are endless, allowing you to utilise rolls, slicing and advanced looping.
Dual-function sweep FX allow you to create seamless transitions at the touch of a button. This can help when it comes to starting out or tackling problematic mixes. The single encoders allow you to perform versatile sound manipulation, complete with dynamic FX and elegant filter control for taking your mixes to the next level.
You can craft your own unique sounds and mixes using the expressive multi-FX, with dedicated displays. Pick from 13 premium-grade, textured DJ FX, lifted directly from the X1800 prime mixer.
Integrated pro-club mixer with 3-band EQ
The integrated mixer section allows you to shape your sound, creating mixes that blend seamlessly. It includes four-channel line faders as well as a built-in 3-band EQ for shaping your mix. All four inputs can be assigned to the switchable line/phono inputs for added flexibility.
Timestretching and key-matching
Some of the most exciting new features for Prime 4 is the ability to timestretch and key-match songs. The class-leading Time stretch algorithm allows you to perform pitch-locked and extreme track tempo changes. This allows you to match/shift harmonic musical keys live within your mix.
Robust design, versatile connectivity
This all-in-one design eliminates the need to carry a computer or laptop with you on the move. Equipped with 24-bit Denon DJ audio engine and multicore processor, the Prime 4 is the ultimate DJ system for any skillset. Using Prime Music Management software you can import your digital music collection from iTunes, Serato DJ Pro, Traktor Pro and Rekordbox.
The system comes equipped with a StagelinQ connection, allowing you to incorporate visuals with Soundswitch, Timecode and Resolume formats. It also features a wide range of analog connectivity including two independent microphone inputs for performance and audience engagement. Four USB and an SD media input are included for music playback from various devices. Additionally, the dedicated XLR Zone output provides music to a separate room for maximum versatility.
- Four-deck standalone Engine Prime DJ system
- 10-inch HD multi-touch display with gestures
- Dedicated XLR Zone output provides music to a separate room
- Built-in 2.5-inch SATA drive bay to store music onboard
- 6-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display
- (4) assignable input channels for external media sources
- (2) dedicated XLR inputs for microphones with individual control
- StagelinQ connection for Event/Pro DJ lighting and video control
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- Crisp 24-bit Denon DJ legacy audio
- (4) USB and (1) SD media inputs for music playback
- USB keyboard support
- Coming soon | Serato DJ Pro control enable
Engine DJ | OS 2.0 Updates
- Engine Lighting by SoundSwitch – Onboard lighting control
- Ableton Link Compatibility (Wi-Fi and wired option)
- New Playlists
- New Database
- New Control Center Menu
- Playlist Deck with Crossfade (PRIME 2/4/GO)
- Onboard clock
- Track List Size Button – Expand tracks shown in playlists
- Streaming Service Upgrades – Preview, Prepare, History, Playlist Deck
- Bit Depth 24-bit
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz
- Dynamic Range: > 117dB (A-weighted)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+/-1dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 93dB (A-weighted)
- Line: > 15dB
- Microphone: > 20dB
- Outputs: > 20dB
- Channel Separation: < -90dB (1kHz, unity)
- Line/Phono THD: < 0.01 percent (1kHz, unity)
- Microphone THD: < 0.02 percent (1kHz, unity)
- Line Input: 0dBV (unity), +15dBV (maximum)
- Microphone Input: -40dBu (unity), -60dBu (minimum)
- Master Balanced Output: +4dBu (unity), +24dBu (maximum)
- Master Unbalanced Output: 0dBu (unity), +20dBu (maximum)
- Zone Balanced: +4dBu (unity), +24dBu (maximum)
- Booth: +4dBu (unity), +24dBu (maximum)
- Headphone: < 150mW
- Supported Media Type: SD/SDHC card, USB mass-storage devices (flash memory, 2.5 internal SATA, and external HDD enclosures)
- File Systems: exFAT, FAT32 (recommended)
- Supported Audio File Formats: AAC/M4A, AIF/AIFF (44.1–192kHz, 16–32-bit), ALAC, FLAC, MP3 (32–320 kbps, VBR), MP4, Ogg Vorbis, WAV (44.1–192kHz, 16–32-bit)
- 10.1” / 257 mm (diagonal)
- 8.5” x 5.5” / 216 x 139 mm (width x height)
- Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Jog Wheel: 2.2” / 56 mm (diameter), Full-colour LED-backlit display
- FX: 128 pixels wide x 32 pixels high, Black & White OLED display
- (6) Professional grade Neutrik XLR outputs (Master, Zone, and Booth)
- (2) Professional grade Neutrik XLR+1/4" (6.35 mm) microphone inputs
- (1) RCA output pair (Master)
- (4) RCA input pairs (line/phono channel 3 & 4)
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) output (headphone)
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) output (headphone)
- (1) Ethernet link port
- (1) IEC power inlet
- (4) USB type A media port (female)
- (1) USB type B host port (female)
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) SATA + power for internal 2.5" hard drive
- Power Connection: IEC
- Input Voltage: 110-240 VAD, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption:
- 38W 39W (without mobile device charging on USB port 4)
- 43W 45W (with mobile device charging on USB port 4)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 728.47 x 496.82 x 103.63 mm (28.68” x 19.56” x 4.08”)
- Weight: 9.7kg (21.34 lb.)
- Product Code: PRIME4XUK