View Full Description
Complete kit with 4 mics and additional accessories
DPA's 4099 microphones are the ultimate choice for recording and amplifying sound sources both on stage and in the studio.
The four microphones can be used in conjunction with the two STC4099 clips for saxophones and brass, three DC4099 clips for drums and percussion, two clips for universal use, and three indispensable clamp mounts. Each mounting device is crafted with care and precision to provide you with a solution that adheres gently to your instrument or chosen surface with the flexibility that lets you find the best positioning for you application.
The kit also includes four heavy-duty 2.2mm (diameter) extension cables as well as four MicroDot to 3-pin XLR adapters. Combining outstanding performance with easy-to-use designs and versatile operation, the DPA Extreme SPL Rock Touring Kit ensures you get exactly the results you're looking for.
Innovative CORE microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations is the advanced CORE technology. This provides minimised distortion, an expanded dynamic range and an overall improved sound quality. CORE enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimizing distortion, CORE exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the increased dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase allows you to capture extremely loud sound sources, such as screams, without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Extreme SPL handling capabilities
The CORE 4099 Extreme SPL microphones are suitable for sound pressure levels of up to 152dB before clipping occurs. These powerful SPL capabilities make the 4099s perfect for close-mic'ing applications of incredibly loud sound sources including instruments, cabinets, and even some of the loudest motor vehicles. You can be sure that the sound you capture is transparent and articulate, ensuring absolute clarity without the worry and hassle of distortion.
Close-mic'ing techniques ensure that you're able to capture the highest possible sound pressure and therefore every detail of the sound source's tonality. As a result, ambient background noise is also reduced, with the possibility of acoustical feedback being kept to an absolute minimum.
''There is no single mic model that could outperform the at all positions, especially if we consider the distinct advantages at exacting placement, diminished leakage and freedom of movement for the performers.'' - Prosound News
''The DPA 4099 supercardioid instrument microphones are wonderful additions to any appropriate acoustic instrumentalist or live sound engineer’s arsenal of microphones. They are simple and easy to mount and demount, sound really good, are supremely fit for purpose, and set a new benchmark for high-quality, clip-on instrument microphones in live and recording environments.'' - Performing Musician
"I’d go so far as to say that it is a true Swiss Army knife (Is there a Danish Army knife?) of pro audio, the thought being that if a mic is at first accurate in the capture of a given acoustic source, it should perform equally well in a number of circumstances." - Lighting&Sound America
"I really think this is the most compact and simplest-to-position drum microphone on the market." - Church Production
What's in the box
- 4 x DPA CORE 4099 Extreme SPL Instrument Microphones
- 2 x DPA STC4099 Microphone Clips for Sax and Trumpet
- 3 x DPA DC4099 Microphone Clips for Drums
- 2 x DPA UC4099 Microphone Clips for Universal Use
- 3 x DPA CM4099 Microphone Clamp Mounts
- 4 x DPA CM22 Extension Cables, 2.2mm - Heavy Duty
- 4 x DPA MicroDot to 3-Pin XLR Adapters (with Belt Clips)
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Superior gain before feedback
- Natural sound that is easy to blend with pickup
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle yet secure positioning to your instrument
- Compact and discreet design
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extension
- Complete kit for extreme SPL applications
- Kit Configuration: Rock
- Number of Microphones: 4
- Microphone Version: CORE 4099 Instrument Mic, Extreme SPL
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- 80Hz - 15kHz with 2dB soft boost at 10-12kHz (+/-2dB at 20cm)
- Sensitivity: 2mV/Pa; -54dB re. 1 V/Pa (nominal, +/-3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: Typ. 28dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 31dB(A))
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 66dB(A) (re. 1kHz at 1 Pa (94dB SPL))
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 109dB
- Maximum SPL: 152dB, peak before clipping
- Output Impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ohms
- From DAD4099 / DAD6001-BC: 100 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m (984ft) with a DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output Balance Principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >60dB from 50Hz to 15kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power Supply: Min. 5V to max. 50V (through DPA adapter for wireless systems)
- Current Consumption: Typ. 1.5mA (microphone) (3.5mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 28g / 0.95oz
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm / 0.21''
- Microphone Length: 45mm / 1.8''
- Cable Diameter: 1.6mm (0.06'') / 2.2mm (0.09'')
- Cable Length: 1.8m / 5.9ft
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Gooseneck Length: 140mm / 5.5''
- Product Code: KIT-4099-DC-4R