View Full Description
Complete kit with 4 mics and additional accessories
DPA's 4099 microphones are the ultimate choice for recording and amplifying sound sources both on stage and in the studio. This kit not only gives you access to the powerful sonic performance that the microphones offer, but it also provides you with a plethora of versatile accessories for a diverse range of mounting and positioning options. The four microphones can be used in conjunction with the four violin clips, highly-adjustable guitar clip, two string-mount cello clips, string-mount upright bass clip, and a pair of magnetic clips for pianos.
Each mounting device is crafted with care and precision to provide you with a solution that adheres gently to your instrument or chosen surface with the flexibility that lets you find the best positioning for you application. The kit also includes four 1.6mm (diameter) extension cables as well as four MicroDot to 3-pin XLR adapters. Combining outstanding performance with easy-to-use designs and versatile operation, the DPA Loud SPL Classic Touring Kit ensures you get exactly the results you're looking for.
Innovative CORE microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations is the advanced CORE technology. This provides minimised distortion, an expanded dynamic range and an overall improved sound quality. CORE enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimizing distortion, CORE exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the increased dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase allows you to capture extremely loud sound sources, such as screams, without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Capable of handling loud sound sources
The CORE 4099 microphones are suitable for sound pressure levels of up to 142dB before clipping occurs. These powerful SPL capabilities make the 4099s perfect for close-mic'iing applications, as well as surface mounting on a wide variety of instruments. You can be sure that the sound of your instrument is the focus of your recordings or amplification system, ensuring absolute clarity without the worry and hassle of distortion.
Close-mic'ing techniques ensure that you're able to capture the highest possible sound pressure and therefore every detail of the instrument's tonality. As a result, ambient background noise is also reduced, with the possibility of acoustic feedback being kept to an absolute minimum.
''There is no single mic model that could outperform the at all positions, especially if we consider the distinct advantages at exacting placement, diminished leakage and freedom of movement for the performers.'' - Prosound News
''The DPA 4099 supercardioid instrument microphones are wonderful additions to any appropriate acoustic instrumentalist or live sound engineer’s arsenal of microphones. They are simple and easy to mount and demount, sound really good, are supremely fit for purpose, and set a new benchmark for high-quality, clip-on instrument microphones in live and recording environments.'' - Performing Musician
"I’d go so far as to say that it is a true Swiss Army knife (Is there a Danish Army knife?) of pro audio, the thought being that if a mic is at first accurate in the capture of a given acoustic source, it should perform equally well in a number of circumstances." - Lighting&Sound America
"I really think this is the most compact and simplest-to-position drum microphone on the market." - Church Production
What's in the box
- 4 x DPA CORE 4099 Loud SPL Instrument Microphones
- 4 x DPA VC4099 Microphone Clips for Violin
- 1 x DPA GC4099 Microphone Clip for Guitar
- 2 x DPA CC4099 Microphone Clips for Cello
- 1 x DPA BC4099 Microphone Clip for Bass
- 2 x DPA PC4099 Microphone Clips for Piano
- 4 x DPA CM1618B00 Extension Cables, 1.6mm
- 4 x DPA MicroDot to 3-Pin XLR Adapters (with Belt Clips)
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Superior gain before feedback
- Natural sound that is easy to blend with pickup
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle yet secure positioning to your instrument
- Compact and discreet design
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extension
- Complete kit for loud SPL applications
- Kit Configuration: Classic
- Number of Microphones: 4
- Microphone Version: CORE 4099 Instrument Mic, Loud SPL
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- 80Hz - 15kHz with 2dB soft boost at 10-12kHz (+/-2dB at 20cm)
- Sensitivity: 6mV/Pa; -44dB re. 1 V/Pa (nominal, +/-3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: Typ. 23dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 26dB(A))
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 71dB(A) (re. 1kHz at 1 Pa (94dB SPL))
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 108dB
- Maximum SPL: 142dB, peak before clipping
- Output Impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ohms
- From DAD4099 / DAD6001-BC: 100 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m (984ft) with a DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output Balance Principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >60dB from 50Hz to 15kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power Supply: Min. 5V to max. 50V (through DPA adapter for wireless systems)
- Current Consumption: Typ. 1.5mA (microphone) (3.5mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 27g / 0.95oz
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm / 0.21''
- Microphone Length: 45mm / 1.8''
- Cable Diameter: 1.6mm (0.06'') / 2.2mm (0.09'')
- Cable Length: 1.8m / 5.9ft
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Gooseneck Length: 140mm / 5.5''
- Product Code: KIT-4099-DC-4C