View Full Description
Experience PureAcoustic Piano Modelling technology
When you press a key on most digital pianos, you hear only a recording of a piano. Not with the LX708. Roland's PureAcoustic modelling process considers all elements of how a piano note is played, including how the key is pressed, how the hammer would strike the string, how the string resonates in the cabinet, plus many other elements to shape the final sound. These elements continually interact to produce a complex tone with an abundance of overtones, while the resonance alters in response to the number of notes being played. This technology is so accurate that the LX708 captures your touch and style as you perform - in real time. The result of using this technology is an increased level of responsiveness and a rich sound that is not achievable from using piano samples.
Recreate the power of a grand piano
It's challenging to reproduce the same thrill of playing a grand piano on a digital piano. Roland understands this, and that's why they've given the LX708 a powerful speaker system. Unlike similarly priced pianos, the LX708 has a four-way, eight-speaker setup driven by a four-channel amplifier. The speakers are split into four pairs, each fulfilling a specific role in ensuring an exceptional piano tone.
The powerful cabinet and side speakers produce the all-enveloping main piano sound, while the top-mounted spatial speakers reproduce the resonance of the piano's frame. You can open or close the lid of the piano to choose how much of this resonance you want. Finally, the nearfield speakers project the sounds most likely to be noticed by the player, including dramatic, dynamic overtones and even the noise of the hammers as they hit the piano strings. The increased height of the cabinet further enhances the richness of the sound.
Express yourself with the Grand Hybrid keyboard
To ensure you have the most authentic grand experience, the LX708 features Roland's flagship Grand Hybrid keyboard. All 88 keys are longer than those found on typical digital pianos, meaning you can perform which much more passion and nuance; even the black keys are pivoted further back, maintaining the realism of touch. With beautiful wooden sides and durable moulded materials, the LX708's Grand Hybrid keyboard delivers a traditional acoustic piano look and feel.
The hard part of recreating the grand experience is making sure you can feel your performance. This is why Roland's Grand Hybrid keyboard reproduces the physical vibrations which resonate through the keys of an acoustic grand piano with haptic feedback technology. Once you combine this luxurious keyboard with the three advanced pedals, you will start to understand how the LX708 offers such a thrilling piano experience.
Integrated Bluetooth connectivity
Being one the first manufacturers to incorporate Bluetooth audio and MIDI connectivity into a piano, Roland have been able to draw on this history of innovation to ensure the LX708 is compatible with a wide range of in house and third party music apps. Once you've connected your compatible Android or iOS device, wave goodbye to the boxy sound of modern stereos! Audio is routed through the piano's top quality internal speakers or headphones allowing the LX708 to become the heart of your home listening experience, giving you the option to play along to your favourite songs, or just enjoy listening.
The Roland Piano Every Day app is your starting point for access to the world of Bluetooth MIDI enabled apps. In it's own right, this app will allow you greater control over many internal features of the piano without complex menu diving. It can also provide an interactive rhythmic accompaniment to your playing, track your practise, and encourage you to brush up on your playing skills. Piano Every Day also includes Sheet Music Direct, which is the worlds largest collection of sheet music scores, giving you access to a wide variety of pieces to ensure you'll always find something to inspire you.
10 Year Warranty
Roland recognises that choosing one of their digital pianos is a long-term investment. They're so confident in the build quality and materials they use, that they offer a 10 year warranty with all of their DP, GP, HP, KF and LX series instruments. This gives 10 years peace of mind, allowing you to relax and concentrate on playing and developing your skills.
- Piano Sound: PureAcoustic Piano Modeling
- Max. Polyphony: Limitless (solo playing using 'Piano' category tones), Other: 256
- Tones: 324
- PureAcoustic Ambience
- Type: Studio, Lounge, Concert Hall, Wooden Hall, Stone Hall, Cathedral
- Depth: 11 Types
- My Stage: 12 Types
- Hybrid Grand Keyboard: Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel (88 keys)
- Pedal: Progressive Damper Action Pedal (Damper pedal: capable of continuous detection, Soft pedal: capable of continuous detection/function assignable, Sostenuto pedal: function assignable)
- Speaker System: Acoustic Projection
- Cabinet Speakers:25 cm (9-7/8 inches) x 2 (with Speaker Box)
- Near-Field Speakers:(12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 8 cm (3-3/16 inches)) x 2 (with Speaker Box)
- Spatial Speakers: 2.5 cm (1 inches) x 2 (Dome type), 12 cm (4-3/4 inches) x 8 cm (3-3/16 inches) x 2
- Rated Power Output: 20W x 2, 6W x 2, 6W x 2, 5W x 2
- Headphones: Headphones Acoustic Projection
- Touch Sensitivity: Key Touch: 100 Types, fixed touch
- Hammer Response: 10 Types
- Master Tuning: 415.3 – 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Temperament: 10 types (Equal, Just Major, Just Minor, Pythagorean, Kirnberger I, Kirnberger II, Kirnberger III, Meantone, Werckmeister, Arabic), selectable temperament key
- Effects: Brilliance
- Piano Designer: Lid, Key Off Noise, Hammer Noise, Duplex Scale, Full Scale String Resonance, Key Off Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Soundboard Type, Damper Noise, Soft Pedal Type, Single Note, Tuning, Single Note Volume, Single Note Character
- US: 399
- Other: 389
- Listening: 22
- Ensemble: 30
- Entertainment: 20
- Easy Piano: 10 (US Only)
- Let's Singg with DO RE MI: 30
- Lesson: 287 songs (Scale, Hanon, Beyer, Burgmuller, Czerny 100)
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, MP3: 44.1 kHz, 64 kbps - 320 kbps, requires USB Flash Memory)
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 3 parts, Approx. 70,000 notes memory)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, requires USB Flash Memory)
- Audio: Bluetooth Ver 3.0 (Supports SCMS-T content protection)
- MIDI: Bluetooth Ver 4.0
Compatible Android / iOS Apps (Roland)
- Piano Every Day
- Piano Designer
- Metronome (adjustable Tempo/Beat/Down beat/Pattern/Volume/Tone), Registration, Dual, Split, TwinPiano (with Individual Mode), Transpose (in semitones), Speaker volume and Headphones volume automatically select function, Volume limit function, Panel Lock, Auto Off
- Music Rest: with Music holders
- Key Cover:Slide type, with Keyboard Lid Switch and Classic Position
- Display: Graphic OLED 128 x 32 dots
- Connectors:DC in jack
- Input jacks: Stereo miniature phone type
- Output (L/Mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- USB Computer port: USB B type
- USB Memory port: USB A type
- Phones jack x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Power Consumption: 24 W (22 W--70 W)
- With top lid close: 1,395 (W) x 491 (D) x 1,180 (H) mm
- With top lid open: 1,395 (W) x 502 (D) x 1,253 (H) mm
- Weight:110.5 kg/243 lbs 10 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "Using The Unit Safely"
- "Roland Piano Masterpieces"
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Headphone hook
- Optional Headphones (sold separately)
This piano needs to be delivered and installed by a specialist courier and can therefore take up to 1-2 weeks.
For a more accurate delivery time on these pianos, please contact our team on 0330 365 4444 or email email@example.com as some finishes might be built to order.