View Full Description
The classic look and feel of a Roland instrument
The A-300 Pro is the perfect choice for musicians on the move. The portable size and feature-filled design is perfect for music producers and live performers alike. The 32 velocity-sensitive keys with channel aftertouch provides fluid playability, reacting with the familiar feel of a real instrument. The superior key design is thanks to 30 years of research and development from Roland. The result is a premium-grade keybed that provides increased sensitivity and expressive dynamics for your performance.
The keybed has been constructed with the utmost precision, with enhancements made to eliminate vertical shake and the minimisation of mechanical noise for the best possible feel and sound. You can even change the velocity curves to fine-tune the A-300 Pro to cater to your own personal playing style. No matter the playing style or skill level, the A-300 Pro will surely impress you with its regal look and feel.
Wide range of parameters – 45 assignable controls
Gets hands-on with your music. With 45 assignable controls in total, the A-300 Pro puts you in the driving seat, providing maximum control at every point. The controls are comprised of 9 knobs, 9 sliders, 4 buttons and a dedicated Transport section. Assignable controls mean you can pick a parameter and assign it to a function within your selected DAW. For example your could assign one of the 9 knobs to control the LFO on a virtual synth instrument and control the rate of the LFO for live sound manipulation.
Other controls include the sure-grip, rubber-coated Pitch Bend/Modulation stick. This protruding stick control is perfect for manipulating pitch and modulation. For example, you could play a synth lead and use the pitch bend control to make quick de-tunes between notes, reminiscent of 80s style synth lines.
Customise the A-300 Pro with the software editor
Take your customisation even further with the A-300 Pro Editor. This custom program allows you to customise the keyboard for use with your favourite synth or DAW. Using the control map within the editor you can map selected controls and buttons to different parameters within your selected synth or music software. If your DAW has ACT (Active Controller Technology) the parameters will auto-map for added convenience.
Eight dynamic pads for triggering sounds
Trigger samples and sounds on the fly. The eight integrated dynamic pads are perfect for finger-drumming and triggering samples. Dynamic pads are well known for inspiring creativity when it comes to cutting up samples and triggering drum sounds. You can use them for multiple applications, from triggering samples within your favourite DAW or for use within a digital sampler or virtual instruments, for flexible control.
Versatile connections, easy access
The ergonomic design of the A-300 Pro places major connections on the side of the unit for quick and easy access. This allows you to easily swap between cables and get setup within seconds. It also provides space for other gear at the rear of the keyboard, such as computer monitors or a laptop. The side of the keyboard features USB, MIDI IN/OUT, Hold and Expression pedals connections.
Complete with Ableton Live Lite - advanced music software
To get you started straight out of the box, the Roland A-300 Pro comes complete with a copy of Ableton Live Lite. Ableton is an award-winning digital audio workstation that can be used to compose, edit, arrange and mix music. The intuitive layout and wide range of onboard effects and sounds makes it perfect for creating music. Ableton Live Lite is streamlined version of the full software, offering all the major controls you could need to get started.
- Velocity-sensitive 32 keys with channel aftertouch
- Inspiring feel and response for serious players
- 45 assignable controls: knobs, sliders, buttons, transport and more
- 8 Dynamic Pads for finger drumming and MIDI triggering
- Sure-grip Pitch Bend/Modulation Stick
- Expand playability with sustain and expression pedals (available separately)
- USB Bus Powered — no AC adaptor required (AC adaptor is an optional)
- Durable Roland-quality manufacturing and craftsmanship
- Works with any DAW on Mac or PC
- Width: 605.9mm
- Height: 91.4mm
- Depth: 250.8mm
- Pads: [A1] –[A8]
- Buttons: [B1]–[B4], [L1]–[L9]
- Knobs: [R1]-[R9]
- Sliders: [S1]-[S9]
- Foot Pedals: Hold (P1), Expression (P2)
- Bender Lever: Bender, Modulation
- Keyboard: Aftertouch Knob
- Keyboard: 32 Keys
- Response: Velocity and Aftertouch
- Display: 16 Characters, 2 Lines Backlit LCD
- Connectors: ¼‘’ Phone Hold P1 Pedal Jack, Expression P2 ¼’’ TRS Phone Jack, MIDI In Connector, MIDI Out Connector, USB Connector, DC IN Connector
- Weight: 2.9kg
- Power Supply: DC 9 V or USB Bus Power
- Current Draw: 300 mA
- Accessories: A-PRO CD-ROM, USB Cable, Owner’s Manual
- Compatible With (Not Included): DP-2 Pedal Switch, DP-10 Pedal Switch, EV-5 Expression Pedal, EV-7 Expression Pedal, AC Adaptor (PSB Series)