View Full Description
Make music - anywhere, anytime
The ROLI Lightpad Block is the keystone at the heart of the ROLI Block range, acting as the main control surface for the rest of the range. The LED-illuminated surface glows with its silicone interface reacting to pressure, allowing you to shape the sound by striking, pressing and moving your fingers around the surface.
The interactive surface allows you to change between different configurations that cater to different sounds and styles, for example the 5x5 block layout is ideal for melodic and pitched sounds, with the root note always being white. The surface can change to different configurations to cater to different sounds such as the 2x2 configuration, which presents you with 4 large blocks, ideal for triggering drum kits with 4 sounds. The ROLI Lightpad Block M is the perfect tool for any music maker. Get inspired by creating percussive and melodic loops or create full songs using the included NOISE iOS app.
Learn, master and experiment
Learning how to control the Lightpad Block is easier than ever, with the ‘Learn Mode’ providing a visual guide to making beats and melodies. Light trails will appear on the surface that guide you on how to create sound by changing between gestures. The versatile expressiveness the ROLI Lightpad Block delivers allows you to do everything from bend the pitch of a sound to modulating the style of the sound.
The built-in MIDI connectivity over USB allows you to connect your Lightpad Block to your computer, allowing you to use it with your favourite DAW. This gives you the ability to incorporate sound, loops and more into your productions.
NOISE iOS App
Expanding the Lightpad Block’s functionality, the NOISE iOS application allows you to delve into the inner workings of your sounds. The NOISE app opens up a whole world of creativity, giving you the ability to record loops, import new presets from over 100 sounds available, create chords and more. The ROLI Blocks and Noise app connect wirelessly thanks to the built-in MIDI over Bluetooth technology, freeing you from the restriction of cables.
Highly portable design
The highly portable design of the Roli Lightpad Block mini synth makes it ideal for everything from live performances to jamming in the car. The 15x15 LED matrix features 225 LEDs in total as well as a built-in rechargeable battery that can last up to 3 hours from a single charge. Being the keystone of the Blocks range, the Lightpad Block can host other Blocks on its MIDI over Bluetooth connection.
The silicone surface features a durable and smooth urethane coating for optimal durability.
Its compact and lightweight design will neatly fit into any laptop bag, backpack and in some cases even your pocket. The Lightpad Block comes complete with a USB-C to USB-A cable for charging the unit from your computer.
Complete with powerful music software and versatile sound players
The ROLI Lightpad comes complete with a comprehensive package of versatile music software. The software bundle includes: Roli Studio Player, Equator Player, Strobe2 Player, Cypher2 Player, Ableton Live Lite and the Roli Studio Player. Ableton Live Lite is a streamlined version of the award-winning music software. The sleek and intuitive software interface allows you to make music and record with ease.
The Equator Player provides you with over 200 powerful and expressive sounds via a desktop sound player. The Strobe2 Player is a desktop sound player version of the critically-acclaimed Strobe2 polysynth. Brose over 50 versatile presets and 3 macro controls. The Cypher2 player allows you to browse over 50 presets with 3 macro controls, providing a desktop sound player version of the powerful FXpansion software.
- Highly compact digital synthesizer/drum machine
- 15x15 touch-sensitive LED surface
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Ideal for sequencing, looping, finger drumming and live performances
- Highly expressive control
- Compact and portable design
- Built-in MIDI over Bluetooth technology
- NOISE app for iOS Devices provides added functionality
- Play, change pitch and modulate sounds at the touch of your fingertips
- 8 Block DNA connectors allows daisy-chaining of units
- Up to 4 hours battery life from a single charge
- USB: USB-C port (MIDI out and power)
- MIDI: Full MIDI compatibility over USB and Bluetooth LE
- Other: 8 BLOCKS DNA connectors
Battery & Bluetooth
- All Buttons: Mode, Power & Bluetooth
- Battery Life: 4 Hour battery life
- Charging Time: 2 hours for full charge
- Bluetooth Range: 15 metre Bluetooth range
- Bluetooth Latency: 30 ms touch to sound Bluetooth latency
- Construction: Silicone with a durable, smooth urethane coating
- 225 LEDs on surface
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 94mm x 20mm x 94mm
- Weight: 250g