View Full Description
The GX Mini lets you play unhindered, with a newly developed velocity-sensitive 25 mini keybed, you can perform with complete expression that will translate to realistic and emotive recordings. To add an extra dimension of expression and dynamic within your playing, GX Mini, MIDI Controller contains three velocity curves to customise the performance of the velocity-sensitive keys to your style.
Control pitch bend, modulation and other real-time MIDI messages with the included joystick. Across the horizontal axis, you can affect the pitch of your notes and the vertical axis is used to increase or decrease the pre-assigned modulation and foot controller settings. When operating in the vertical axis, you can also assign MIDI CC messages, meaning you can use this for DAW automation when integrated with your system to change the state of effects such as the filter frequency on an EQ or the decay time of your reverb. The joystick offers far more than what is conventionally achievable with a modulation wheel, making it the ideal solution for creative mixing engineers and producers.
Take control of your performance
Give your mouse a break and take control over your performance with everything at your fingertips. Featuring eight dedicated buttons for integration with your DAW, you can control your entire performance onboard without ever needing to touch additional equipment. Where some might see the 25 keys as a limitation, the GX Mini, MIDI Controller has a clever set of features that gives you much more control than traditionally possibly with keyboards of this size. The "Part 2" button lets you momentarily shift the octave up or down, transpose or layer another octave on top, giving you the means to perform your music uninterrupted! Expertly designed, when you hit this button during a performance, GX Mini will keep playing the last notes that were played in the original settings, letting you play low bass notes and shift up an octave to solo over the top. The eight dedicated controller buttons are also MIDI-assignable and with the "Part 2" button, you can switch to another MIDI channel on the fly. When you lift off the "Part 2" button, the Impact GX Mini reverts back to its original settings.
A highly requested feature, the Impact GX Mini, MIDI Controller features a footswitch connector, allowing you to connect in your favourite sustain pedal for more accurate and fluid performances on your MIDI keyboard. Additionally, as the footswitch output is programmable, you can assign other MIDI CC messages as well, making it able to perform track automation within your DAW.
Seamless DAW integration
With Impact GX Mini, you can control your DAW with a fluid motion to navigate your projects faster than ever before. Using the eight buttons above the joystick, you can take complete control over the transporting of your mouse across your project, covering everything from record, stop, play, loop, rewind, fast forward and an additional eight features when you engage the shift button, all of this without ever reaching for a mouse! Most major DAW's are covered, including Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, FL Studio and Studio One.
Includes Bitwig 8-track
Get started with music production and sound design with the included Bitwig 8-track DAW. An exciting and unique digital audio workstation, Bitwig 8-track contains over 50 software instruments and effects that can be used on any of the eight audio or MIDI tracks you can load within the software. Not limited to using what's available, you can also load any 3rd party instruments and effects you might own to give you more flexibility and options for sound design and mixing. To spark your creative flair, Bitwig Essentials Package is included, containing a wide range of loops, clips and samples spanning a plethora of different styles and genres.
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini keys
- 3 switchable velocity curves including standard, soft and hard
- Versatile joystick for pitch bending
- MIDI assignable joystick
- Seven transport controls for seamless DAW integration
- MIDI assignable transport controls
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicators
- Footswitch output
- Part 2 LED buttons
- Instantly unlock a secondary level of controls with the Shift function
- Supports a wide range of DAW integration including Ableton Live, Bitwig, Cakewalk, Cubase Digital Performer, FL Studio, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Studio One. Includes template setup for Pro Tools.
- System requirements:
- USB class compliant (no driver needed) works with any DAW or MIDI music software for OS X, Windows and iOS (iOS requires optional Apple Camera Kit)
- macOS: OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux (Ubuntu)
- GX Mini: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher
- Nektar DAW Integration: Windows 7/8/10 or higher. Mac OS 10.7 or higher
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 39cm x 11.5cm x 3.2cm
- Weight: 0.49 kgs
- What's included: Impact GX Mini USB MIDI Controller keyboard, User Guide, Micro USB cable, 1/8″ male jack to 1/4″ female jack cable for footswitch socket, Bitwig Licence Card (active upon registration)
- Product code: NEKTAR-GXMINI