There are a choice of 36 sounds, including electric pianos, acoustic pianos, organs, strings and synth. Each category of instrument begins with the essential classics and then moves beyond what other products offer, going into some nostalgic and unique instruments. These include German and Japanese grand piano giants, seven-way velocity swtiched "tine" electric piano and even tape-based of analog strings.
There are even accurately sampled tine, key-off, damper and hammer noises at different velocities. Even piano cabinet resonances have been sampled, to give further
accuracy to the pianos. This attention to detail, known as the RX Experience brings an incredible sound to the Korg SV-1. This piano also boasts six separate stages of signal processing, which are all bypass-able.
Limiter: This ensures your level remains balanced across all sounds, and is only adjustable via the included computer editor/librarian software.
RH3 Real Weighted Hammer Action
The SV-1 features the well-known RH3 Real Weighted Hammer Action allowing for a natural, solid, responsive feel as you play.
Accessible Control Panel with Saveable Options
The front panel ensures quick accessibility on all essential controls, without the confusion of menus. Rotary knobs have illuminated LED's to show the position of the knob, which can be pressed to restore the original setting. If you want to save and quickly call up settings, use the SV-1's eight car-radio style buttons to use your eight saved favourites. To save a setting, you simply adjust the controls to your preferred settings, then press and hold one of the Favourites buttons; when the button flashes, press it again and the settings are now stored. Easy.
Edit Tunings and Pitch with the Function Button
The FUNCTION button on the SV-1 gives access to eight different tuning curves. These include equal, grand piano stretch, electric piano stretch, electric grand, upright stretch, detuned and two user-definable types (which are configurable using the editor/librarian software). Through the Function button you can also access Overall tuning and adjust it by using the EQ treble control. You can quickly recall concert pitch (A=440) by pressing the treble encoder pot and the SV-1 can be transposed into any key.
The SV-1 features balanced XLR and 1/4" outputs; Left and Right audio inputs; MIDI In and MIDI out jacks, USB MIDI Port, and 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The Damper pedal is included, which responds to half-pedaling for authentic piano response, rather than simple switch on/off. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal, and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Speaker effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweep-type pedal - great for authentic Wah effects - or an additional switch pedal, providing access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the Una Corda (soft) function.
Editor/Librarian Software Included
The SV-1 Editor/Librarian software gives you access to certain parameters not available on the SV-1's panel. It allows each of the 36 sounds and the eight Favourites to be programmed and saved individually. This gives the opportunity for you to share your favourite settings with others and for Korg to supply more sounds in the future. The SV-1 Editor/Librarian runs on Mac or PC.
- Number of Keys: 73
- Action: RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- Touch selection: Eight curves
- Polyphony: 80 notes (max)
- Sound generation: EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis)
- 36 sounds (6 banks × 6 variations)
- Bank 1 E. Piano 1 Tine EP/Amp, Tine EP/Phaser, Tremolo EP, Dyno EP, VPM Piano, VPM Tine
- Bank 2: E.Piano 2 Reed EP 1, Reed EP 2, Electric Grand, SG-1D Piano, 80's Synth Piano,MIDI Grand
- Bank 3: Clav Clav AC, Clav BC, Clav BD, Clav AD, ElectroPno, ElectraPno
- Bank 4: Piano Grand Piano1, Grand Piano2, Mono Grand, Upright, Piano/Strings,Piano/Pad
- Bank 5: Organ Click Tonewheel, Jazz Tonewheel, Full Tonewheel, Console Organ, Italian Combo, VoxCombo
- Bank 6: Other Full Strings, Tape Strings, 70s Strings, Choir, Synth Brass, Sharp Brass
- Demo: 36 × incorporated demos
- Equaliser: Bass, Mid, Treble
- Volume: Master Volume Knob
- Tuning: Transpose, Fine tuning, Tuning curves
- Panel Switches: Transpose, Local Off, Touch, Function, Demo = Transpose + Local Off
- Other Controls: 4 switches
- Favourites: 8 favourite switches for quick control panel registration
- Connections: Audio output, Audio input, Headphones, MIDI, Computer, Damper
- MIDI: In/Out
- Headphones: 1 (on the front panel)
- Audio outputs: L, R (2 × XLR, Balanced) L/Mono, R (2 × 1/4? Jack, Unbalanced)
- Inputs: L/Mono, R
- Computer: USB Type B connector (doubles the MIDI interface), USB 1.1 Supported
- Damper pedal: Korg DS-2H, supplied
- Pedal 1: Footswitch (like Korg PS-1)
- Pedal 2: Volume/expression (like Korg XVP-10 or EXP-2) or footswitch (like Korg PS-1)
- Power supply: Internal switching adapter, AC100 240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 15 Watt
- Width: 45.0" (1143 mm)
- Depth: 13.66" (347 mm)
- Height: 6.1" (157 mm)
- Power cable
- User Guide
- Accessory Disk
- Damper pedal (Korg DS-2H)
- SV-1 Editor (Windows / Mac)
SV-1 Editor System Requirements
- USB port(s) required
- 32 and 64 bit Versions of:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or later,
- Microsoft Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Pentium IV / 2 GHz, or more.
- Pentium D or more than Core Duo is recommended.
- RAM: 1GB or larger
- USB port(s) required
- Mac OS X version 10.4.11, 10.5 or later
- Apple G4 1.4GHz, or more (Support to Intel Mac)
- Apple G5 or more than Core Duo is recommended.
- RAM: 1GB or larger
Standard Courier Delivery
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option. This will deliver the piano to the ground floor of your house or building. Please note that if there is not a ground floor entrance we may not be able to deliver there. You may also need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes.
This may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are available at an additional cost.
Delivery and Installation Service
This service can be arranged on an ad-hoc basis via a specialist piano delivery company. Delivery times cannot be guaranteed until we have made arrangements with the delivery company. If you would prefer a delivery and installation service, please contact our sales team on 0330 365 4444 who will be happy to set up a quotation for you and provide you with more information on this service.