Korg ARP Odyssey Rev3, Module
Korg ARP Odyssey Rev3, ModuleDetails
Product Ref: 78804View Full Description
Buy on finance from £14.74 per month Finance from £14.74 per month
Please note: This is only available where all items in the order are dispatched in a single delivery.
To make it as easy as possible for you to get the gear you want, we offer a range of instant finance options. If you spend £250 or more online, you can choose to pay over 48, 36 or 24 months. The majority of decisions are given instantly, so you could get your new gear sooner than you thought!
To help you understand how our finance options work, the examples below are based on a total order value of £250:
|Finance||APR||Deposit to Pay||Payments||Total Payable|
|Classic Credit 48 Months 14.9%||14.9%||No Deposit||48 months: £6.83 |
Final payment: £6.83
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 36 Months 15.9%||15.9%||No Deposit||36 months: £8.65 |
Final payment: £8.65
No settlement fee
|Classic Credit 24 Months 18.9%||18.9%||No Deposit||24 months: £12.41 |
Final payment: £12.41
No settlement fee
How to Apply
Applying for finance couldn't be easier - if your order totals £250 or more, simply proceed through the checkout as normal, then select Pay by Finance on the payment page, then click the orange APPLY FOR INSTANT FINANCE button. This will start your application with V12 Retail Finance, our finance partner, and completing this form should take approximately 10 minutes.
You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.
Please note: This is only available on orders placed via the website consisting of a single delivery, and is not available in store or via phone currently.
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Korg ARP Odyssey Rev3 features a keyboard-less design unlike the previous ARP Odyssey presenting you with a synthesizer module that is compact yet robust and powerful. The duophonic design utilises 2 VCOs for optimal versatility, allowing you to use two different pitches simultaneously when playing two notes, opening up a world of possibilities when it comes to sound design. The high degree of pitch stability the ARP Odyssey is renowned for, has been perfectly reproduced for optimal audio quality and functionality. The pitch itself is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz – 2kHz, ideal for creating the most unique sounds on the fly. The pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can also be controlled, allowing you to make in-depth changes to the sounds tonality and character.
ARP’s Original Circuitry
Incorporating the circuitry from the original ARP Odyssey models ensures optimal audio quality and versatility, producing the classic analog sound and vintage vibe that is so sought after. First introduced in 1972, the ARP Odyssey has dominated the synthesizer market for years; and the complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey’s original circuitry ensures you retain the classic, vintage sound the original was so infamous for. The original PPC based on a rubber pad also been reproduced, allowing you to control your pitch wand vibrato depth with ease, in proportion to the pressure you put on the pad.
Analog Design Meets Modern Innovations
The ARP Odyssey’s wide range of controls and parameters ensure you have optimal reign over your sound, allowing you achieve the sound you desire with ease. There are two types of envelope generator for added versatility – ADSR and AR. A ‘DRIVE’ switch has also been included to increase aggression in your sound, simply switch the DRIVE function on to generate extreme or subtle distortion. The Rev3 also features the three historic iterations of ARP’s low-pass filter circuit for added control, allowing you to get that analog low-end rumble associated with vintage synth modules. The distinctive and unique S/H Mixer allows you to easily create sample and hold sounds by utilising the oscillator or noise generator as a source that is triggered by the LFO or keyboard. A portamento slide and transpose switch are also provided for added control of your sounds, allowing you to quickly and easily switch octaves as well as slide between notes.
The ARP Odyssey Rev 3 also features a wide range of digital and analog connection, bringing the best of both worlds together for added functionality. Starting with the outputs, the ARP Odyssey Rev 3 features both a 1/4’’ and XLR output for connecting the module to a range of external audio equipment including speakers and more. An external audio input jack is also provided allowing you to process sound from an external device, opening up a world of possibilities when it comes to linking up units. The headphone jack allows you to play with the module without disturbing others as well as being ideal for checking your sounds through a different format. The headphone jack also features integrated volume control for added convenience. You can also connect the headphone jack to the external audio jack creating a self-feedback which you can use to generate new sounds. CV, GATE and TRIG jacks are provided to let you send and receive analog signal to operate the instrument. For digital connectivity, Korg have included both MIDI IN and USB MIDI ports for connecting the module to a computer. This is ideal for music producers who wish to utilise the ARP Odyssey in their favourite DAW, allowing you to implement the sounds you make into your musical productions. Additionally both 1/4’’ size and mini-size patch cables are included to get you started.
- Duophonic design with two VCOs
- A rich variety of modulation
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones
- Noise generator provides two types of noise: white and pink
- LFO and sample & Hold are provided, with switchable routing
- The DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR
- The original PPC based on a rubber pad has been reproduced
- MIDI IN connector and USB MIDI port are provided for digital connectivity
- 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes
- The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP Odyssey was remarkable in its time has been perfectly reproduced
- Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20Hz – 2kHZ
- Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtone extending into a high range
- Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink
- Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for the oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample and hold
- The distinctive S/H MIXER lets you easily create sample & hold sounds by using the oscillator or noise generator as a source that's triggered by the LFO or keyboard
- Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones
- The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided. With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev3) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that's great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased
- A wide variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR, and AR can be used to modulate the filter
- A high-pass filter is provided following the low-pass filter, giving you even broader sound design possibilities
- A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds
- VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the filter or oscillator
- The original PPC (Proportional Pitch Control) based on a rubber pad has been reproduced. Press the rubber pad with your finger to control pitch bend or vibrato depth in proportion to the pressure
- A portamento slider and transpose switch are provided. You can also use a switch to select either of the ways in which Rev3 and Rev2/3 of the original ARP Odyssey differ as to whether portamento is applied the moment that you operate the transpose lever
- Two types of audio output jack are provided: 1/4" phone and XLR
- External audio input jack is provided, allowing you to process sound from an external device
- Headphone jack with adjustable volume is provided. By connecting the headphone jack to the external audio input jack, you can apply self-feedback to generate powerful sounds
- CV, GATE, and TRIG jacks are provided, letting you send or receive analog signals to operate the instrument. If you connect the GATE OUT jack to the TRIG IN jack, the EG will not be triggered, allowing you to play legato
- Both 1/4" size and mini-size patch cables are included
- MIDI IN connector and USB MIDI port are provided, allowing connection to a PC or MIDI device
The product price includes 4 years' warranty and 60 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 60 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.