View Full Description
The Real Deal
The Mesa Boogie Recto-Verb Twenty Five is the reverb-equipped partner to the compact lunchbox head, the Mini Rectifier. Both amps feature the exact same preamp design as the iconic Dual Rectifier, giving you two channels of pure, tonal versatility. The Dual Rectifier is a legendary amp design and is prolific with rock and metal players. The Recto-Verb is no imitation or emulation - it gives you completely authentic access to the legendary tones of the Dual Rectifier, with a lower volume and warmer response courtesy of its EL84 power tubes. Weighing just under 9KG, the Recto-Verb Twenty Five is a compact powerhouse, ready to rock any stage.
Twin Channel - Multiple Voices
The Recto-Verb Twenty Five features two channels, each with completely independent EQ to sculpt your tone. Just like the Dual Rectifier, each Recto-Verb channel has a voicing switch to select the ideal gain level per channel. Channel 1 has Clean and Pushed modes for pristine cleans and edge-of-breakup overdrives while channel 2 features Vintage and Modern modes. Modern has a powerful and articulate sound for tight riffing and saturated solos, while Vintage is a rather deceptive name; providing '80s-style high-gain sounds for a British-style response that generates complex overtones for a rich solo tone.
Between the 2 channels, the Recto-Verb is an incredibly versatile amp, just like its parent amplifier, the Dual Rectifier. While the Dual Rec and the Mini Rec have an affinity with rock and metal players, courtesy of the aggressive-looking treadplate front panel, both amps are incredibly versatile and can provide tones for any genre. The Recto-Verb features the same tonal versatility, paired with stylish aesthetics and a more classic design.
Both channels feature a 10/25-watt switch, letting you create the ideal volume level and headroom characteristics. 10-watt mode uses triode operation with a vintage-style nuance and a sweet, round tone. 25 watts opens up the full potential of the EL84 valves and gives a bold attack with tighter low-end tracking. Between the two wattage levels, you can dial in the perfect response for high-headroom cleans, articulate riffing, early-breakup vintage drive tones, and compressed solo tones.
Connectivity, Reverb & Rugged Build Quality
A buffered FX loop lets you connect your pedals with great clarity. This is paired with a warm-sounding, tube-driven reverb circuit to add in a lush ambience to your tone. The aluminium chassis gives the Recto-Verb a gig-worthy ruggedness and durability. The amplifier comes complete with a footswitch and fitted slip case.
Guitarist Magazine gave the Recto-Verb Combo 4.5 stars out of 5:
"PROS: Forensic attention to detail. Stunning tones…
With plenty of volume to handle most small-to-medium unmic'd gigs.. the Recto-Verb Twenty- Five can handle just about any guitar demand, from country to blues to metal mayhem."
Read the full review on the Music Radar Website
About Mesa Boogie
Petaluma-based Mesa Boogie is an American amp manufacturing company, established in 1971 by Randall Smith as a small repair shop. After producing amplifiers for prominent early customers including Carlos Santana and Ron Wood, Mesa Boogie quickly gained a reputation as a high-end amp designer with its iconic Mark Series amplifiers, still produced today. Mesa Boogie is now a prolific company with a key range of amplifiers including the Mark series, the Rectifier series, and the Express line. With players in all genres from progressive metal to blues, rock, jazz, alt-rock and more, Mesa Boogie is widely regarded as one of the ultimate premium amplifier manufacturers, with a huge fan-base and diverse range of professional players.
- 2 channels with independent 3-band EQ, presence, and level controls
- Channel 1: clean or pushed voicings
- Channel 2: vintage or modern voicings
- Multi-watt switch on each channel - 25/10 watts
- Buffered serial effects loop
- Tube-driven, long-spring reverb with channel-assignable levels
- 2 x EL84 power amp valves
- Supplied with fitted slip cover and 1-button footswitch (channel 1/2)
- Type: Valve
- Output Power: 25 Watts RMS Max - Switchable 10 or 25 Watts per channel
- Valves: 2 x EL-84 Power Tubes / 6 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Channels: 2 - Clean/Pushed and Vintage/Modern
- Clean Channel: Voicing (Clean/Pushed), Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, 25/10 Watts Switch
- Drive Channel: Voicing (Vintage/Modern), Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, 25/10 Watts Switch
- Rear: Reverb x 2 (1 per channel)
- Footswitchable Functions: Channel, Reverb
- Reverb: Tube-driven long-spring reverb
- Connectivity: Guitar In (1/4''), Buffered Serial FX Loop In/Out (1/4'')
- Speaker Outputs: 1x 8 Ohm, 2x 4 Ohm
- Chassis Material: Aluminium
- Accessories: 1 Button Footswitch (Ch. 1/2), Fitted Slip Cover
- Dimensions: 7 1/2" H x 17 1/2" W x 9" D
- Weight: 8 .62 Kg