View Full Description
A Collection of Mark Series Circuits
The Mark V: 35 is a low-powered version of Mesa's iconic Mark V amplifier - featuring exact recreations of the classic preamp circuits from the historic range of Mark amplifiers. The Mark Five: 35 has 2 channels, each with 3 selectable preamp voices to provide access to any tone imaginable. Each channel also features a 10/25/35-watt switch, letting you dial in the perfect level of headroom and overdrive characteristics. This incredibly compact amp delivers an unbelievable range of tones - perfect for players in any genre.
Covering crystal cleans to mid-range overdrives, channel 1 is a low-gain player's dream. The CLEAN and FAT voices are taken from the Mark V amplifier, featuring a pristine, dynamic clean sound with beautiful depth and clarity. CRUNCH is a crossover sound with a vintage overdrive tone, greatly enhanced by the power amp's variable wattage letting the EL84 tubes clip at lower volumes. Channel 1's mid control also acts as a boost when set above 5, giving you even more drive potential and mid-focussed solo/rhythm tones.
Channel 2 takes you from mid-overdrive through to modern high-gain sounds. MK.IIC mode is an exact recreation of the Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ LEAD MODE, providing blistering mid-range focus for a cutting solo tone or a crisp rhythm sound for rock.
MK.IV mode is a recreation of the Mark IV's LEAD channel, with a fatter and creamier tone that is perfect for rich-sounding solos and '80s-style high-gain rhythms. This mode performs equally well with low and high gain sounds.
XTREME mode is built for modern players, with a duplicate of the 6L6-loaded MARK V amp's high gain mode - featuring a fast attack, extreme note articulation, and clear note definition for de-tuned riffs and complex chords.
Master EQ, Reverb, Solo Boost
A master 5-band EQ has appeared on all MARK Series amplifiers, giving you further sculpting options and a handy alternate tone to utilise. A buffered FX loop and all-tube, long spring reverb lets you integrate your effects pedals and saturate your tone in ambience. The twin Master Volume controls allow you to set up a SOLO boosted tone, ready to switch to in an instant via the included footswitch along with the channel-selection and EQ.
Mesa Boogie's well-established Cab Clone gives you an easy way of getting a pro-quality direct signal, emulating both closed and open back cabs. The Mark Five: 35 also features a headphone and speaker defeat, so you play or record in silence without worrying about mic'ing up a cab.
A marine-grade Baltic birch cab is crafted slightly thinner than Mesa Boogie's standard for a hugely resonant and open sound, courtesy of the open-back design. The Celestion Custom 90 projects your tone with clarity and punch, packed in a compact cab making it the ultimate, compact combo for gigging and recording musicians.
Guitar Interactive Magazine called the Mark Five: 35 a "Fantastic and highly recommended amp."
"But price the phenomenal flexibility and Mesa's superb engineering quality against some of the boutique offerings on the market and the picture changes. Very little, if anything, can match this amp's chameleon-like ability to change its tonal nature to suit your demands."
Read the full review on the Guitar Interactive Magazine Website
About Mesa Boogie
Petaluma-based Mesa Boogie is an American amp manufacturing company, established in 1971 by Randall Smith. After producing amplifiers for prominent early customers including Carlos Santana and Ron Wood, Mesa Boogie quickly gained a reputation as a high-end amp designer with its iconic Mark Series amplifiers, still produced today. Mesa Boogie is now a prolific company with players in all genres of music.
- 2-channel amplifier with 6 voices based on classic Mesa Boogie preamps
- All-tube spring reverb
- Channel assignable 10/25/35-watt switch
- 3-band EQ with presence - per channel
- Channel 1 mid control with boost function
- Cab Clone DI output with additional 'Vintage' mode
- Headphone output and speaker defeat switch
- Master 5-band EQ, Master Volume and Solo Volume
- Marine-grade Baltic birch cab and Celestion Custom 90 speaker
- Footswitch and fitted slip cover included
- Type: Valve
- Output Power: 35 Watts RMS
- Valves: 4 x EL-84 Power Tubes / 6 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Channels: 2
- Ch. 1 = Clean / Fat/ Crunch
- Ch. 2 = Mk.IIc / Mk.IV / Xtreme
- Channels 1+2: Gain, Treble, Mid (with boost), Bass, Presence, Master, EQ (On/Off/Footswitch), Wattage Output (25/10 Watts)
- Channel 1: Voice - CLEAN/FAT/CRUNCH
- Channel 2: Voice - MK. IIC / MK. IV/ XTREME
- EQ: (Hz) 80, 250, 750, 2200, 6600
- Master: Power, Standby, Master Volume 1, Master Volume 2 (SOLO)
- Rear: Reverb (Ch1/Ch2), Cab Clone (Closed Back/Open Back/Vintage), Speaker (On/Off), Lift/Ground
- Footswitchable Functions: Channel Select, EQ, Solo
- Connectivity: Guitar In (1/4''), Buffered Serial FX Loop Send/Return, Cab Clone XLR Out, Headphone Out (1/4'')
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 4 Ohm, 1 x 8 Ohm
- Speaker: Celestion Custom 90 / Total Load = 8 Ohms
- Cabinet Material: Marine Grade, Baltic Birch
- Accessories: Included - 4-button footswitch, Fitted Slip Cover
- Dimensions: 18 1/8" H x 18 3/4" W x 11 1/2" D
- Weight: 19 .96 Kg