View Full Description
Portable guitar preamp/interface
The IK Multimedia iRig Acoustic Stage is a highly portable preamp/DSP unit that features a handy clip on the rear panel so you can perform while controlling your iRig Acoustic Stage. The main layout of the preamp/DSP unit provides you with up to 6 different tones, with four main tones included on the main panel. The tones include: Natural, Warm, Bright and Nylon, perfect for bringing the most out of your acoustic guitar.
The compact MEMS microphones neatly fits on to the sound hole of your acoustic guitar, with the preamp unit featuring a large ‘Cancel Feedback’ button that removes any feedback instantly once pressed. The design and versatility of the MEMS microphone means you can attach it to any stringed instrument with a circular sound-hole including: Steel-string acoustic, nylon-sting classicals, ukuleles and more.
Exceptional audio quality
The iRig Acoustic Stage Interface features a 32-bit DSP based preamp that recreates every nuance of your acoustic guitar, providing rich, detailed sound that reproduces every subtle overtone your guitar produces. The MEMS (MicroElectrical-Mechanical System) microphone technology delivers a full frequency range thanks to the omnidirectional polar pattern, producing rich, detailed sound that reproduces every nuance of your guitar’s sound. The MEMS microphones provide ultra-realistic acoustic sound, picking up every vibration and sonic interaction with the guitar, for the perfect sound reproduction.
The iRig Acoustic Stage Portable Guitar Interface comes complete with AmpliTube Acoustic FREE, the new acoustic-specific AmpliTube application designed for recording and processing your acoustic guitar. The AmpliTube Acoustic app features everything you need to process and optimise the sound of your guitar, providing a range of effect emulation and signal processing. It also has a dedicated built-in effects section including emulations of the most renowned acoustic amplifiers including 2 solid state amps and one tube amplifier. The integrated 4-track looper and 8-track recorder/DAW are ideal for home recording and live performances alike.
Design and connectivity
The compact design of both the preamp unit and the MEMS microphones makes the iRig Acoustic Stage perfect for both live performances and home recording. The MEMS microphone is easily attached to any guitar with a sound-hole, securely clipping on the rim of the sound-hole and cab be removed again by taking the clip off. This minimises setup time and frees you to get on with your performance. The clippable preamp also allows you to move around the stage/studio without having to carry an additional pack or bag to hold it in.
The iRig Acoustic Stage also features a standard 1/8-inch TRS cable, allowing you to monitor your own performance with the female stereo output jack on the in-line cable. A headphone input is also included for private practice and/or monitoring. You can also use the headphone port as a way to line out to a mixer or powered speaker.
"Overall, the tonality came across as sounding pretty natural, and without the giveaway 'quacky' quality I hear from typical piezo bridge systems. In all then, it seems that the iRig Acoustic Stage does pretty much as claimed... the results from this system are very encouraging, combining good note articulation with tonal depth. The clip-on mic sidesteps room acoustics problems and also reduces the spill from other instruments - Definitely worth a closer look.” - Sound on Sound
”The little mic captures the organic natural sound of our dreadnought well and it’s easy to fit to a guitar you’ve never been able to use live before. Any feedback we experienced when we turned up our acoustic combo was easily dealt with by the multi-frequency-enabled ‘cancel feedback’ button. For a quick and simple solution for amplified solo performance there’s nothing else quite like it on the market.” - MusicRadar
- iRig Acoustic Stage DSP/interface
- Dedicated iRig Acoustic microphone
- Belt clip
- Carrying case
- 2 x 1.5V AA Battery
- Advanced MEMS microphone clips on to sound hole
- Preamp/DSP unit
- Dramatically improves your live acoustic sound
- 1/4" AUX input with volume for piezo, magnetic pickups or other onboard electronics
- 1/4" Output with level control for amplifier or PA system
- USB audio out for recording on a computer or mobile device
- Cancel Feedback with multiple frequency feedback cancelling
- 6 tone presets
- Personal instrument calibration
- Works on any acoustic, acoustic electric or ukulele with round sound hole
- Phase switch for optimizing dual source sound
Dedicated iRig Acoustic Microphone
- Microphone Type: MEMS
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- Max SPL: 130dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 101 dBA
- Maximum soundboard thickness: 4mm / 0.16"
- Dedicated iRig Acoustic Microphone Input: 2.5mm / 3/32" TS mono jack
- AUX Instrument Input Connector 6.3mm / 1/4" TS mono jack
- AUX Instrument Input Impedance: 11 kOhms (active instruments only)
- Analog Output Connector: 6.3mm / 1/4" TS mono jack, line-level, low impedance
- Analog Output Impedance: 50 Ohms (can drive long cables without any loss)
- Digital Output Connector: micro-USB
- AD and DA Resolution: 32-bit
- Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
- Interface Output: USB class compliant audio output via micro-USB port
- Power: battery power (2xAA), USB bus power
- Battery Life: approximatively 12 hours of continuous usage with alkaline batteries and 15 hours with rechargeable high quality Ni-MH AA cells (2000 mAh and up)
- DSP/Interface size: 101mm/3.98" x 72.3mm/2.85" x 23mm/0.91" (belt clip excluded)
- DSP/Interface weight: 99g/3.49oz (batteries excluded)
- Microphone size: 31.7mm/1.25" x 32.2mm/1.27" x 18.8mm/0.74"
- Microphone weight: 20g/0.71oz
- Microphone cable length: 150cm/59.1"