View Full Description
The ultimate bass head for gigging
A universe of features - in a unit no bigger than your lunchbox. With the MB800, GK have packed a stack of awesome functions into a compact amp head that'll fit into your bass' gig bag. And it's super-lightweight. You'll scarcely believe jamming so much into such a small piece of gear is possible.
It's your new best friend for the stage. Because not only can you take it from gig to gig easily - it'll make performing a breeze, too. Bright lights illuminate each button and control dial, meaning you can alter your bass sound quickly on even the most dimly lit stage. There'll be no second-guessing about whether you're tweaking the right knob. And a tuning mute function means you can instantly cut your sound to tune-up between songs. Everything you need for live performance.
Total control over your tone
You've never had it so good. Because there's not a box in the land that strives to give you as much choice over your sound as the MB800. Equipped with Gallien Krueger's legendary 4-band active EQ, it'll let you shape your tone to an extremely intricate level. First developed in 1982, this EQ has become the standard in top-quality bass amp heads. Providing everything from fat, booming lows to sharp, singing highs, it's been the same ever since - it was so good the first time around, GK never need to change it.
There's more. GK have loaded the MB800 with a tonal contour functionality. This brings even more diversity to your sound, helping you to scoop certain frequencies and sculpt your bass' perfect tone. And a footswitch-enabled boost can inject an extra growl into your music - ideal for making your basslines cut through the mix with definition.
If there's one word that typifies the Gallien Krueger MB800, that word is loud. It's got a stupefying 800 watts of power for you to unleash into your bass playing. That means that with the right combination of cabs, it's ideally suited to even the biggest of venues. This is explosive sound to take with you anywhere.
Pioneering bass amplification for the very best
Pedigree. It's important. When you're investing in anything that's driving your sound, you need to be certain that you're getting the best in quality. From manufacturers who know what they're doing. Well, how does over 50 years of amp innovations - that became standard around the world - sound for pedigree?
Because that's what Gallien Krueger have been doing for the past five decades. Started up in 1968 by engineer Robert Gallien, it only took a year before a GK amp was getting used by Santana at Woodstock. And after that, the breakthroughs just kept on coming.
GK invented the first amps with channel switching. The first amp in a metal enclosure (a bass amp which happened to become a favourite of Led Zeppelin). The first contour control. The first 1000 watt bass head. The list goes on. And on. Gallien Krueger really are masters of giving you the tools you need to make your bass sound better than ever. For industry-leading quality, look no further than GK.
"The MB800 has raised the bar in micro-amp technology, and has pushed itself into a new classification. With its impressive features and extremely compact package, this amp has few equals... When you see its small footprint and hear this monster roar, you will be amazed... So if your back is tired of carting around a huge amp head, your search for a lighter alternative may have ended here." - Premier Guitar
Read the full review on the Premier Guitar website.
- Feather weight aluminium chassis and switch mode power supply - only 2.2kg
- 800 watts of power at 4 ohms
- Illuminated controls for on-stage usability
- Dual function controls for limiting and voicing options. Control LED changes colour depending on mode
- Dual channels with foot switchable operation for maximum flexibility
- FET-based preamp for tube-like response
- Input -10db pad and output limiter
- EQ with variable 'Q' for a musical response, even at extreme settings
- Ulta portable
- Multiple connection options for silent playing or direct signal sends: balanced DI, headphones, FX loops, tuner, line out
- Type: Solid State
- Power: 800 watts @ 4 Ohms
- Controls: Gain A (Push A), Gain B(Push B), contour, Treble, Hi-Mid, Lo-Mid, Bass, Level-B, Master (Push Limit)
- Switches: -10db pad, Mute
- Connections: Direct Out with Pre/Post switch (XLR), Ft. Switch (1/4''), Tuner (1/4''), FX Send & Return (1/4''), Headphones/Line/Chain Out (1/4'')
- Speaker Out: 2x Twist Lock Speaker Connections @ 4 Ohms
- Dimensions: 27.3 x 22.9 x 4.5cm
- Weight: 2.2kg