View Full Description
Freak out with three single coils
We all know what a Stratocaster does best. Three single coils and a five-way selector for a whole heap of tones. But this is the Hitmaker, so they aren't just any ordinary pickups. Voiced to Nile's specifications, they closely match vibrant character of the Hitmaker to give you extra presence and tonnes of definition. Far superior to stock pickups, you'll get so much depth out of these as they are wound to Rodgers' beat.
They take the work out of trying to replicate a sound heard on so many records, on so many hit songs as Fender have done the hard part for you. They've collaborated with Nile to grant you his signature bell-like chime, glassy trebles and ridiculously smooth bass frequencies. With such clarity at your disposal, there's no stopping your creativity.
Fingerboard built for finesse
The whole guitar was Rodgers' main tool, but the neck and fingerboard are where those legendary melodies and riffs were formed. Like the rest of this Hitmaker special, it's shaped to resemble the original. Let loose on the ultra-smooth neck, it's slick and finished in satin urethane for that essential classic appearance. Shaped in the 1959 "C" profile, it's comfortable and rewards you with the same playing stance Rodgers used.
Its a quality maple one piece neck and fingerboard, infusing the bright and clear tonal response of the wood through your playing. Just like the neck, the fingerboard is a gloriously smooth surface, demanding your most adventurous riffs. Set at a constant 9.5" radius, it's familiar for modern styles and confers a uniform experience for consistent playing.
High class appointments for high class playing
To make it worthy of the original, the Nile Rodgers Hitmaker has premium features all over the guitar. You'll be playing your best and enjoying ringing sustain thanks to a bone nut installed at the headstock, while your performance will always be exceptional thanks to two vintage style truss rods providing stability for the neck. And, of course, Sperzel locking tuners keep your sound secured for a set, and a hardtail bridge with bent string saddles perfectly recreates guitars of the era.
When it comes to looks, Fender have got it nailed. You'll stick out on stage thanks to a dazzling Olympic White colour that's finished in a premium gloss nitrocellulose lacquer, for that quality sheen. The pickguard isn't your standard three or four ply plastic, it's chrome plated brass for that inimitable Rodgers flair. To mark your guitar out as a limited edition there's a Nile Rodgers / Chich signature stamp on the headstock and an engraved marking on the neckplate - so you and everyone else know it's the genuine article.
It's ready for the stage
You're going to want to get this guitar on stage, it's the Hitmaker, so it needs to be seen. In order to do just that, Fender supply you with a deluxe, limited-edition hardshell case that features a weaved Hitmaker interior, and a comfortable playing strap. This top-tier case will keep your prized instrument pristine, whether that's in storage or the road. Inside this luxury case is a certificate of authenticity, letting everyone know this Hitmaker is the genuine article. It's limited, special and your chance to grab the style of a legend.
- Product Code: 0115922705
- Colour: Olympic White
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
Neck & Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Headstock: Stratocaster
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish with Gloss Headstock Face
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 1959 "C"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- String Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Control Knobs: White Speed
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-bolt Serialized with Custom Hitmaker Logo
- Pickguard: 11-hole Chrome Plated Brass
- Pickup Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- String Trees: Dual-Wing with Metal Spacers
- Switch Tip: White
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel® Locking
- Bridge Pickup: Hitmaker Nile Rogers Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Middle Pickup: Hitmaker Nile Rogers RWRP Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Hitmaker Nile Rogers Strat®
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Potentiometers: CTS 250K
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity