View Full Description
Since its release in 1962, the Jaguar has been a favourite amongst many guitarists, due to its eye-catching design and unique sound. The American Pro series delivers that same iconic model along with a full host of modifications for the modern player.
The American Professional Jaguar features an alder body, that delivers a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice for electric guitars since the 1950's as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing. Alder is also lightweight enabling the guitar to be played all night long without strain on your shoulder, making it ideal for gigging musicians who play more frequently. For aesthetic appeal, players can benefit from the Gloss Polyurethane coating, which protects the guitar from wear and tear, and gives it a smooth texture. Like all guitars from Fender, the Jaguar is packed with ornate appointments, including skirted amp control knobs, a stylish pickguard, sealed staggered tuners and a 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar bridge with vintage-style floating tremolo.
New Deep C Neck Profile
The new American Professional series offers a full host of improvements to enhance your performance, whilst providing a comfortable, stylish guitar that you will not want to put down. The Fender Jaguar is paired with a Deep C maple neck that has been especially designed for comfort and speed. Compared to other neck profiles, the new Deep C features more substantial shoulders which creates a more natural feel in the player's hand, and is perfect for achieving chords and single notes. Mounted with a maple fingerboard, players can achieve a crisp, snappy tone, compared to a rosewood. In addition, the Satin Urethane finish on the back of the neck offers smooth flexibility and speed, allowing you to play fast pieces with ease.
New Narrow Tall Frets
The Jaguar is also equipped with 22 narrow tall frets, which are slightly narrower than standard medium jumbo frets, and are effective for bending notes and playing chords with superb intonation. They also offer extreme comfort, and improve hand flexibility when playing complex riffs.
Real Bone Nut for Sustain
A real bone nut is also incorporated into the design of the Jaguar, offering a classic appearance, excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar Pickups
The American Professional Jaguar is equipped with a pair of V-Mod single-coil Jaguar pickups, which were developed by Michael Frank who created the legendary Signature Stratocaster Pickup. These new Jaguar pickups deliver a hot, vintage-inspired tone, with enhanced punch and definition. Achieving the perfect tone is easy with its master volume and tone controls, along with a 4-position toggle switch. In addition, a treble-bleed tone circuit is also included to maintain the high end quality when used at a low volume.
The improved tremolo and bridge incorporate a screw-in arm and brass Mustang saddles that stabilize the strings while adding a touch of sonic zip to your tone.
Elite Moulded Case
The American Professional Jaguar comes with an Elite moulded case, which features body-hugging contours that holds your guitar firmly in place. TSA latches are also included for enhanced security and easy access. This durable case is also stackable for easy storage and transport.
- Equipped with a duo of V-Mod single-coil Jaguar pickups that deliver a hot, vintage-inspired tone
- Treble bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume, offering a perfect tone regardless of the volume level
- Control options include master volume and master tone, along with a 4-position blade
- Improved tremolo and bridge incorporates a screw-in arm and brass Mustang saddles that stabilize the strings while adding a touch of sonic zip to your tone
- Includes skirted amp control knobs for added style
- Deep C shaped neck profile provides a comfortable feel
- Angled headstock increases string pressure, and helps strings stay firmly in place
- Narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and achieve perfect intonation
- Maple fingerboard mounted on maple neck
- Real Bone nut enhances resonance and sustain
- Alder body provides a lightweight guitar and comfortable feel
- Includes Elite moulded case for storage and transportation
- Smooth cutaway body shape offers easier access to the higher frets
- Series: American Professional
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Colour: Antique Olive
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: Deep C
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Construction: 4 Bolt
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex Dual Adjust
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Hardware & Electronics
Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Control knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Case: Elite Moulded Case