View Full Description
Solid Mahogany Construction
The Faith Nexus Venus offers an all-mahogany construction, with a solid top, sides, and back that provide the player with a full-bodied, rich-sounding acoustic guitar. Its beautifully figured solid top has a natural compression that produces strong fundamentals with a clear, direct focus. Additionally, its solid back and sides add resonance and a distinct warmth to the guitar's sound, whilst producing a punchy, woody, meaty tonality and emphasis within the mid-range. Furthermore, with its entire solid-wood construction, the Nexus Venus offers natural resonance and will perform superbly within numerous playing styles. Lastly, the Faith Nexus Venus is stripped back of unnecessary cosmetic finishes and features a hand-applied cognac stain with a carefully applied high gloss lacquer that adds a layer of protection as well as highlighting the mahogany's natural beauty.
Mahogany Neck & Macassan Figured Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the Nexus Venus offers a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. Furthermore, the neck is topped with a Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
Faith took their inspiration for the Venus from auditorium sized guitars and created their own iconic Venus shape that provides the player with easy, comfortable playability and versatile sonic performance. Additionally, the Venus shape is also an idyllic all-purpose guitar that offers a balanced and articulate response with great volume and projection, equally-suited to both fingerpicking and strumming. Furthermore, to add to the comfortable playability, the Faith Naked Venus also has a venetian cutaway profile which offers easy access to upper frets, allowing the player to perform more technical skills without being restricted higher up the fingerboard.
The Faith Nexus Venus comes equipped with a Fishman Isys+ preamp, offering basic sound tweaking for live and rehearsal environments. The on-board preamp features rotary controls for volume, bass and treble; allowing a player to add a little extra bass or treble to their amplified sound whilst a phase button can be used to reduce undesirable feedback when plugged in. In addition, the preamp also features a convenient built-in tuner that has an easy-to-read LED screen, perfect for tuning up or down within the darkest of venues; as well as being ideal for precise and easy tuning when playing acoustically. With this sophisticated preamp system, the Nexus Venus is perfect for the gigging guitarist and recording session musician or singer/songwriter.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to your guitar, and a rich, beautifully balanced tone with superb volume, projection.
Patrick James Eggle & Faith
Patrick James Eggle had a major input to the design of many of the Faith family and built his first guitar at the age of fifteen as a school project. By the time he had completed it, he was already completely dissatisfied by the outcome of his project, and decided to pull it apart and start again from scratch. This started a life long obsession which lead him to fame and has now gained an incredible reputation among collectors and players for his uncompromising quality and amazing eye for a tasteful design. His commitment to producing guitars of the highest quality tone, finish, and playability is extremely popular. Faith was created in 2002 by an exclusive group of veteran guitar specialists, led by the legend himself Patrick James Eggle. He has trained each new staff member in hand-building and hand-finishing techniques that have characterised Patrick James Eggle guitars for decades.
With workshops located in West Java, Indonesia, Faith have dedicated their working lives to both sustainable and ethical manufacturing processes, and are extremely conscious of environmental and human resource concerns. Each Faith model is produced in accordance with this vision and radiates the elegance of craftsmanship and superior tonal sounds for which Patrick James Eggle's designs are so well known.
- All-solid wood construction for a rich and naturally resonant sonic performance
- All-mahogany construction produces distinct sonic-character with mid-range emphasis
- Patrick James Eggle bracing for a richer, louder acoustic voice
- Ideal all-purpose guitar due to Venus body
- Venus body also offers a versatile character that is ideal for numerous genres and techniques
- Equally suited to meatier strumming patterns and picking techniques
- Venetian cutaway profile provides easy access to upper frets and more challenging chords
- Ebony fingerboard responds superbly to percussive techniques
- Abalone rosette and mother of pearl F inlay for added aesthetic appeal
- Faith precision machineheads for precise and easy tuning
- Cognac stain and high gloss lacquer highlights the mahogany's visually striking grain pattern for added aesthetic appeal
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Type: Venus - Auditorium
- Bridge Type: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/ Abalone Dot
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Finish: High Gloss Lacquer
- Colour: Cognac Stain
- Rosette: 2 mm Abalone w/ Fibre Border
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: 'F' Logo 12th Fret
- Nut Material: NuBone - Black
- Nut Width: 43 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Tuning Machines: Faith Precision
- Pickup: Fishman Sonicore
- Preamp: Fishman Isys+
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Tuner/Bass/Treble/Phase/Battery Check