View Full Description
Solid Engelmann Spruce & Solid Rosewood Construction
The Faith Neptune features an entire solid wood construction for a superior tone and incredible dynamic response. Its solid engelmann spruce top yields crisp articulation and slightly richer mid-range than sitka spruce. The solid top's smooth tone provides a versatile soundboard that is able to accommodate numerous genres and techniques with equal ease, from fingerpicking styles to heavier strumming patterns. Furthermore, the solid engelmann spruce top is paired with solid rosewood back and sides that produce a strong, warm, deep bass response. Its solid rosewood back and sides also produces an incredibly rich tonality with a throaty growl while its treble notes sparkle with plenty of crystal clear clarity. Lastly, with rosewood's iconic tone and spruce's versatile nature the Faith Neptune is ideal for bluegrass, folk, country licks, as well as accommodating meaty chords and a variety of picking techniques.
Mahogany Neck & Macassan Figured Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the Neptune Baby Jumbo offers a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. Furthermore, the neck is topped with a Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
Baby Jumbo Body
The Faith Neptune Baby Jumbo features a scaled down jumbo body, providing the player with the same powerful voice that a full-sized and more traditional jumbo can project, but within a more comfortable size. Its size is also ideal for those that find full-sized jumbos a little to much to handle as the baby jumbo is easy to hold close to the body and offers comfort throughout both seated and standing performance. Removing the bulky body and replacing it with a slimmer, more compact size and a 16'' lower bout also provides comfort, and sonically produces plenty of balance, definition and superb acoustic volume. Furthermore, with its sonically-powerful body, combination of solid timbers, and legendary Patrick James Eggle bracing, the Faith Neptune delivers a harmonically-rich tonality that is expected on higher-end instruments.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to the guitar with a rich, beautifully balanced tone and superb projection.
Patrick James Eggle & Faith
Patrick James Eggle had a major input to the design of many of the Faith family and built his first guitar at the age of fifteen as a school project. By the time he had completed it, he was already completely dissatisfied by the outcome of his project, and decided to pull it apart and start again from scratch. This started a life long obsession which lead him to fame and has now gained an incredible reputation among collectors and players for his uncompromising quality and amazing eye for a tasteful design. His commitment to producing guitars of the highest quality tone, finish, and playability is extremely popular. Faith was created in 2002 by an exclusive group of veteran guitar specialists, led by the legend himself Patrick James Eggle. He has trained each new staff member in hand-building and hand-finishing techniques that have characterised Patrick James Eggle guitars for decades.
With workshops located in West Java, Indonesia, Faith have dedicated their working lives to both sustainable and ethical manufacturing processes, and are extremely conscious of environmental and human resource concerns. Each Faith model is produced in accordance with this vision and radiates the elegance of craftsmanship and superior tonal sounds for which Patrick James Eggle's designs are so well known.
- All-solid wood construction for a rich sonic performance
- Solid flamed maple binding for an enhanced tone and added aesthetic appeal
- Faith's iconic mother of pearl 'F' logo for added aesthetic appeal
- Equally suited to meatier strumming patterns and picking techniques
- Grover rotomatic machineheads for precise and easy tuning
- Hard case included for protection when on-the-go
- Patrick James Eggle bracing for superb volume and projection with a richer more enhanced tonal output
- Baby jumbo body provides a comfortable playing experience whilst projecting a loud, full acoustic voice
- High gloss finish, abalone bridge pin dots and matching abalone rosette with gold hardware provides an instrument that is sumptuous to gaze upon
- Particularly well-suited to bluegrass, folk, and country but performs brilliantly throughout a wide range of genres and playing styles
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Rosewood
- Body Type: Neptune - Baby Jumbo
- Bridge Type: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony w/ Abalone Dot
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Finish: High Gloss
- Colour: Natural
- Rosette: 5 mm Abalone
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: 'F' Logo 12th Fret
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 43 mm
Hardware & Accessories
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic
- Case: Hard Case Included