View Full Description
Solid Red Cedar Top & Solid Mahogany Body
The Faith Mars Electro Acoustic features a solid red cedar top that is well-respected for its stunning response to a lighter touch, perfect for the fingerpicking enthusiast. Additionally, its solid cedar top produces a sweet, dark, and complex tone with excellent bass response and rich harmonics. Furthermore, its solid top is attached to solid mahogany back and sides, adding warmth, resonance and plenty of emphasis to the bass and trebles, providing the player with a rich, full-bodied sound that is ideal for folk, country, and much more. The overall tone adds emphasis on the lower-mids with a wonderfully-warm vocal nature.
Mahogany Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the player receives a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. In addition, the neck features Patrick James Eggle's bolt-on design for added strength and durability. Furthermore, the neck is topped with a Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
Drop Shoulder Dreadnought
The Faith Mars features a classic drop-shoulder dreadnought body, which offers superb volume and projection while maintaining tonal balance. With its mixture of solid timber, wider nut, 12th fret join, and drop-shoulder design, the Mars offers a superb and pleasing response to a lighter touch and various fingerpicking techniques. Additionally, its bigger body has more room for sound to reverberate and combined with Patrick James Eggle's bracing, the Mars provides the player with a rich, full-bodied acoustic voice. Furthermore, the bold and commanding dreadnought body offers a comfortable playing experience for those more comfortable with bigger bodied guitars whilst its drop-shoulder design provides added comfort and easier playability.
The Faith Mars comes equipped with a discreet Fishman Sonitone preamp that is subtly mounted within the soundhole, offering basic sound tweaking for live and rehearsal settings. In addition, the preamp is versatile and responsive which allows it to project each stunning nuance purely and beautifully. Furthermore, the soundhole mounted preamp offers volume and tone control to shape the amplified sound by simply plugging in to an amplifier or PA system, perfect for the performing musician.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to your guitar, and a rich, beautifully balanced tone with superb volume, projection.
Patrick James Eggle & Faith
Patrick James Eggle had a major input to the design of many of the Faith family and built his first guitar at the age of fifteen as a school project. By the time he had completed it, he was already completely dissatisfied by the outcome of his project, and decided to pull it apart and start again from scratch. This started a life long obsession which lead him to fame and has now gained an incredible reputation among collectors and players for his uncompromising quality and amazing eye for a tasteful design. His commitment to producing guitars of the highest quality tone, finish, and playability is extremely popular. Faith was created in 2002 by an exclusive group of veteran guitar specialists, led by the legend himself Patrick James Eggle. He has trained each new staff member in hand-building and hand-finishing techniques that have characterised Patrick James Eggle guitars for decades.
With workshops located in West Java, Indonesia, Faith have dedicated their working lives to both sustainable and ethical manufacturing processes, and are extremely conscious of environmental and human resource concerns. Each Faith model is produced in accordance with this vision and radiates the elegance of craftsmanship and superior tonal sounds for which Patrick James Eggle's designs are so well known.
- Hardcase included
- all-solid wood construction for a rich sonic performance
- Patrick James Eggle bracing for a richer, louder acoustic sound
- Grover rotomatic machineheads for precise, stable, and easy tuning
- Solid ebony binding for added aesthetic appeal and enhanced clarity
- Combination of tonewoods projects a warm, full sound that responds superbly to a lighter touch
- Solid mahogany back also offers a pleasing look via its visually striking yet exquisite grain pattern
- Wider nut and 12th fret join adds more depth to the tone whilst providing a great platform for the fingerpicking enthusiast
- Gold hardware complements classic burst finish beautifully while an eye-catching MOP 'F' logo graces the 12th fret
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Red Cedar
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Type: Mars - Drop Shoulder Dreadnought
- Binding: Solid Ebony
- Bridge Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Indian Ebony w/ Abalone Dots
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Rosette: 5 mm Abalone w/ Fibre Boarder
- Colour: Classic Burst
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer High Gloss
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design (12th Fret Join)
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 45 mm
- Truss Rod: 2 Way
- Scale Length: 650 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatic
- Pickup: Fishman Sonicore
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Tone
- Case: Hardcase Included