View Full Description
Innovative CORE by DPA microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations is the advanced CORE by DPA technology. This provides minimised distortion, an expanded dynamic range and an overall improved sound quality. CORE by DPA enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimizing distortion, CORE by DPA exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the increased dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase of 14dB allows you to even capture screams without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Capable of handling loud sound sources
The CORE 4099 microphone is suitable for sound pressure levels of up to 142dB before clipping occurs. Perfect for close-mic'ing applications and surface mounting on a wide variety of instruments. Ensure your instrument is the focus of the sound that is captured by the microphone, with no distortion and the crystal-clear clarity it deserves.
Close-mic'ing techniques ensure that you're able to capture the highest possible sound pressure and therefore every detail of the instrument's tonality. As a result, ambient background noise is also reduced and the possibility of acoustical feedback is kept to a minimum.
Convenient and versatile positioning
The CORE 4099 microphone is supplied with a universal clip that allows you to attach the mic to your instrument. The hook-and-loop fastener can be easily adjusted, is non-permanent but remains secure and does not damage your instrument.
''There is no single mic model that could outperform the at all positions, especially if we consider the distinct advantages at exacting placement, diminished leakage and freedom of movement for the performers.'' - Prosound News
''The DPA 4099 supercardioid instrument microphones are wonderful additions to any appropriate acoustic instrumentalist or live sound engineer’s arsenal of microphones. They are simple and easy to mount and demount, sound really good, are supremely fit for purpose, and set a new benchmark for high-quality, clip-on instrument microphones in live and recording environments.'' - Performing Musician
- 1 x DPA CORE 4099 Loud SPL Instrument Microphone
- 1 x DPA UC4099 Microphone Clip for Universal Use
- 1 x DPA CM1618B00 Extension Cable, 1.6mm
- 1 x DPA MicroDot to 3-Pin XLR Adapter (with Belt Clip)
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Superior gain before feedback
- Natural sound that is easy to blend with pickup
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle yet secure positioning to your instrument
- Compact and discreet design
- IP58 rating protects against water and dust
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extender
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure Gradient
- Cartridge Type: Pre-Polarized Condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- 80Hz - 15kHz with 2dB Soft Boost at 10Hz - 12kHz
- Sensitivity: 6mV/Pa; -44dB re. 1V/Pa (±3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: Typ. 23dB (A) re. 20μPa (Max. 26dB(A)
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 71dB (A-Weighted re. 1kHz at 1Pa, 94dB SPL)
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 108dB
- Maximum SPL: 142dB, Before Clipping
- Output Impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 Ohms - 40 Ohms
- From DAD4099/DAD6001-BC: 100 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m (984ft)
- Output Balance Principle: Signal Balanced
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >60dB from 50Hz - 15kHz
- Power Supply: Min. 5V to Max. 50V (Through DPA Adapter for Wireless Systems)
- Current Consumption: Typ. 1.5mA (3.5mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter)
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 27g / 0.97oz
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm / 0.21''
- Microphone Length: 45mm / 1.8''
- Cable Length: 1.8m / 5.9ft
- Cable Diameter: 1.6mm (0.06'') / 2.2mm (0.09'')
- Polarity: MicroDot Pin for Positive Sound Pressure (And Pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter)
- Gooseneck Length: 140mm / 5.5''
- Product Code: 4099-DC-1-101-U