View Full Description
Innovative CORE microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations is the advanced CORE technology. This provides minimised distortion, an expanded dynamic range and an overall improved sound quality. CORE enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimizing distortion, CORE exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the increased dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase allows you to capture extremely loud sound sources, such as screams, without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Extreme SPL handling capabilities
The CORE 4099 Extreme SPL microphone is suitable for sound pressure levels of up to 152dB before clipping occurs. These powerful SPL capabilities make the 4099 perfect for close-mic'ing applications of incredibly loud sound sources including instruments, cabinets, and even some of the loudest motor vehicles. You can be sure that the sound you capture is transparent and articulate, ensuring absolute clarity without the worry and hassle of distortion.
Close-mic'ing techniques ensure that you're able to capture the highest possible sound pressure and therefore every detail of the sound source's tonality. As a result, ambient background noise is also reduced, with the possibility of acoustical feedback being kept to an absolute minimum.
Precision mounting and positioning for brass instruments
No matter what kind of brass instrument or musical style you plan to capture, the 4099 CORE Extreme SPL instrument microphone will deliver jaw-dropping results. Thanks to the included STC4099 mounting clip, you can get the perfect position to capture truly astounding sonic performance from your trumpet, trombone, or other brass instrument. The clip fits unobtrusively to the bell of your instrument, whilst the microphone's flexible gooseneck lets you find the sweet spot for recording or amplification. The intuitive mounting mechanism boasts a gentle design that prevents damage to the instrument whilst allowing you to quickly switch the mic to a different instrument with just one hand.
''There is no single mic model that could outperform the at all positions, especially if we consider the distinct advantages at exacting placement, diminished leakage and freedom of movement for the performers.'' - Prosound News
''The DPA 4099 supercardioid instrument microphones are wonderful additions to any appropriate acoustic instrumentalist or live sound engineer’s arsenal of microphones. They are simple and easy to mount and demount, sound really good, are supremely fit for purpose, and set a new benchmark for high-quality, clip-on instrument microphones in live and recording environments.'' - Performing Musician
- 1 x DPA CORE 4099 Extreme SPL Instrument Microphone
- 1 x DPA STC4099 Microphone Clip for Sax and Trumpet
- 1 x DPA CM1618B00 Extension Cable, 1.6mm
- 1 x DPA DAD4099 MicroDot to 3-Pin XLR Adapter (with Belt Clip and Low Cut)
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Superior gain before feedback
- Natural sound that is easy to blend with pickup
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle yet secure positioning to your instrument
- Compact and discreet design
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extension
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- 80Hz - 15kHz with 2dB soft boost at 10-12kHz (+/-2dB at 20cm)
- Sensitivity: 2mV/Pa; -54dB re. 1 V/Pa (nominal, +/-3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: Typ. 28dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 31dB(A))
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 66dB(A) (re. 1kHz at 1 Pa (94dB SPL))
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 109dB
- Maximum SPL: 152dB, peak before clipping
- Output Impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ohms
- From DAD4099 / DAD6001-BC: 100 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m (984ft) with a DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output Balance Principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >60dB from 50Hz to 15kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power Supply: Min. 5V to max. 50V (through DPA adapter for wireless systems)
- Current Consumption: Typ. 1.5mA (microphone) (3.5mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 28g / 0.95oz
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm / 0.21''
- Microphone Length: 45mm / 1.8''
- Cable Diameter: 1.6mm (0.06'') / 2.2mm (0.09'')
- Cable Length: 1.8m / 5.9ft
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Gooseneck Length: 140mm / 5.5''
- Product Code: 4099-DC-2-199-T