View Full Description
Innovative CORE by DPA microphone technology
Found at the heart of many of DPA's miniature microphone configurations is the advanced CORE by DPA technology. This provides minimised distortion, an expanded dynamic range and an overall improved sound quality. CORE by DPA enhances the exceptional performance of DPA's existing microphone designs.
By minimizing distortion, CORE by DPA exhibits a significantly clearer and more open sound throughout the entire range of the microphone. On top of this, the increased dynamic range creates an increased workable range, and the microphone becomes much less vulnerable to overload. The increase allows you to capture extremely loud sound sources, such as screams, without experiencing harmonic distortion.
Capable of handling loud sound sources
The CORE 4099 microphone is suitable for sound pressure levels of up to 142dB before clipping occurs. These powerful SPL capabilities make the 4099 perfect for close-mic'ing applications, as well as surface mounting on a wide variety of instruments. You can be sure that the sound of your instrument is the focus of the captured sound, ensuring absolute clarity without the worry and hassle of distortion.
Close-mic'ing techniques ensure that you're able to capture the highest possible sound pressure and therefore every detail of the instrument's tonality. As a result, ambient background noise is also reduced, with the possibility of acoustic feedback being kept to an absolute minimum.
Flexible mounting for acoustic cellos
If you want to capture the best sound from your acoustic cello, the CORE 4099 is the way to go. This powerful microphone is optimized for your instrument, and comes complete with a handy clip that can be mounted above or below the strings behind the bridge. This mounting solution is unobtrusive and does not affect the sound of your cello, and allows you to accurately capture a sound that offers a much more natural tonality compared to an internal microphone or pickup. The cello configuration of the 4099 has been meticulously designed to ensure the best possible mounting and audio reinforcement during live performances, and gives you the ability to position your microphone in the sweet spot between the bridge and the fingerboard for excellent string sounds with high audio separation.
''There is no single mic model that could outperform the at all positions, especially if we consider the distinct advantages at exacting placement, diminished leakage and freedom of movement for the performers.'' - Prosound News
''The DPA 4099 supercardioid instrument microphones are wonderful additions to any appropriate acoustic instrumentalist or live sound engineer’s arsenal of microphones. They are simple and easy to mount and demount, sound really good, are supremely fit for purpose, and set a new benchmark for high-quality, clip-on instrument microphones in live and recording environments.'' - Performing Musician
- 1 x DPA CORE 4099 Loud SPL Instrument Microphone
- 1 x DPA CC4099 Microphone Clips for Cello
- 1 x DPA CM2218B00 MicroDot Extension Cable, 2.2mm
- 1 x DPA DAD6001-BC MicroDot to 3-Pin XLR Adapter (with Belt Clip)
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Superior gain before feedback
- Natural sound that is easy to blend with pickup
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle yet secure positioning to your instrument
- Compact and discreet design
- IP58 rating protects against water and dust
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extension
- Flexible adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- Directional Pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of Operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- 80Hz - 15kHz with 2dB soft boost at 10-12kHz (+/-2dB at 20cm)
- Sensitivity: 6mV/Pa; -44dB re. 1 V/Pa (nominal, +/-3dB at 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: Typ. 23dB(A) re. 20µPa (max. 26dB(A))
- S/N Ratio: Typ. 71dB(A) (re. 1kHz at 1 Pa (94dB SPL))
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 108dB
- Maximum SPL: 142dB, peak before clipping
- Output Impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ohms
- From DAD4099 / DAD6001-BC: 100 Ohms
- Cable Drive Capability: Up to 300m (984ft) with a DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Output Balance Principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >60dB from 50Hz to 15kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Power Supply: Min. 5V to max. 50V (through DPA adapter for wireless systems)
- Current Consumption: Typ. 1.5mA (microphone) (3.5mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 27g / 0.95oz
- Microphone Diameter: 5.4mm / 0.21''
- Microphone Length: 45mm / 1.8''
- Cable Diameter: 1.6mm (0.06'') / 2.2mm (0.09'')
- Cable Length: 1.8m / 5.9ft
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Gooseneck Length: 140mm / 5.5''
- Product Code: 4099-DC-1-201-C